So. Durarara!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:11 pm
Last night I just so happened to catch an episode on Adult Swim (because derping around with the T.V. is the best thing I can do on a Saturday night. Yeah. I'm just that hip) and holy mother, you guys. I think I'm in love or something.
This anime is straight amazing. I kinda' want to punch myself for not getting into it sooner. Honestly.
I especially like that one really batshit guy. Whats-His-Face. I don't even know. I can never remember dem Japanese names, OTL. But, he's like this uber troll. And that other guy—the blond one—likes throwing vending machines and s**t at him. FFFF—

Anyway.

I was wondering if any of you saucy ladies know of a good site to watch it—subbed/dubbed/whatever; I don't really care—because AS's censoring kind of irritates me.
:c

Also: Discuss since I don't see another Durarara!! thread anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:21 am
Aniplex and Crunchyroll both have the whole series available subtitled. Aniplex's streams are higher-quality, but Crunchyroll has the two bonus episodes (12.5 and 25). Take your pick.

I'll also throw in a recommendation for Baccano! since it's by the same author/studio/director/pretty much everyone and Durarara has a lot of Baccano references. I also like it more. Watch it dubbed if it's available; the dub is fantastic.

While I really liked the series overall, I felt like the series dragged a bit in the second half. The information in those slower episodes is important for plot/character development, but it's still essentially several episodes of the central confrontation all but grinding to a halt. I also wasn't a fan of Horada ending up as a major antagonist, mostly because all he really does is brag in one episode about taking over the Yellow Scarves and then fall victim to the same trick he used to take over in the first place. It was kind of underwhelming for a finale.

Aside from those, my biggest complaint is that the show doesn't have a second season yet. I really enjoyed it and I will happily join you in fangirling about it. biggrin

Also, the troll is Izaya, and the blond guy is Shizuo. I'm honestly not sure which of them I like better; they're both a lot of fun. A quick warning, though: they're easily the most popular pairing in the fandom; expect BL if you go looking for fanart of one or both of them.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Mistress Amy Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 am
I thought there was nothing to be censored in that anime ;o  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:05 am
Zephyrkitty

Ah. Thank you!

Thank you for the recommendation, as well.
I've heard many a good things about Baccano! before, actually, and it's had this spot on my Need To Watch list for a while.
I'll have to finally look into it after I'm done with Durarara!!—it really does seem promising.

I wish I had something to add about the series, but I haven't finished yet, so I'll have to do that later. adsgfasf;fds.

Well, since the anime is an adaption of the first few light novels (to about the sixth volume, I believe?), I don't see why they wouldn't make a second season, eventually. Or just re-work the entire thing to accommodate the different ending. Sort of like how they did FMA: Brotherhood.
The novels are now on their ninth volume and still going, so it's not like they've run out of stuff to work with.
(derpfangirlsruletheworldmanherp ♥)

BL doesn't bother me. You know. 'Cause I don't judge and some of the time it works out kinda' cute (see: Hetalia).
...But, lolwat?
After doing a little looking around, I've learned that those two have a very passionate hatred for each other, and always have. Which is why Shizuo throws incomprehensible things at Izaya with RAGE every time he so much as sees the b*****d on the street (there is some logic to the lulz hurr).
I dunno, through.
People are silly, imo.

Mistress Any Rose

asdhgasfk.
There really isn't.
But AS decided that '********' and anything close to it isn't appropriate, and literally bleeps it out.
Not that I totally condone vulgarity or anything.
It just is a little distracting for me.
x-x

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

Iceestar

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:49 pm
dubhappy.com

Whole entire show in English!  
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga