View Results

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:40 am
I don't really get to read many books in the horror catagory the colection in our book store is small (no Anne Rice for example). But I'd say so far my favorite has been Christine by Steven King. I remember I loved the Arnie charecter when I read the book.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:24 am
I love Poe's The Raven, and Fall of the House of Usher.
I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula and am absolutely and completely in love with it!!!
And though I'm not sure he counts as Goth, HP Lovecraft is way up there on my list - The Outsider is so awesome, and so is The Shadow Over Innsmouth, The Hound and all the rest of that...
And yeah, I have heard of Poppy Z. Brite but I haven't been able to find her stuff where I live.

Oreo the Sphinx

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:53 pm
My favorie horror stories a pretty much anything Stephen King.
Cujo was wonderful, as was Pet Semetary and The Shining.
Cell and Bag of Bones were disturbing at say the least.

My all time favorite though would have to be 'Salem's Lot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 pm
I like Lord Loss (dunno if it's really horror or not though. It's been a while since I read it. sweatdrop )  

Creta the Otaku

vincejustvince

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:22 pm
The Phantom Ship by Frederick Marryat. Specifically the "White Wolf of the Hartz Mountains" part...  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:28 am
Algernon Blackwood's stories are fun.

I find most modern horror novels to be pretty awful.

Clive Barker's early stuff was entertaining. His newer stuff, not so much. His last really good book was Imajica, and that was more fantasy than anything. There's a new book called "The Scarlet Gospels" that he's working on which is essentially a sequel to The Hellbound Heart but also has Harry D'Amour from The Great & Secret Show, Everville and Lord Of Illusions. Might be good.

Christopher Golden's "Of Saints and Shadows" was pretty good, but the series got kind of stupid after the second book.

The first 2 or 3 books of Brian Lumley's Necroscope series were good. Sadly there's like 15 or 16 books in the series now.  

Lucifer Over London

Dark_Midnight_Flames

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:34 pm
Kusukai
"The Vampire Lestat" By Anne Rice.

I am also currently reading "Queen of The Damned" by Anne Rice. She is a fascinating novelist.

"He who disses Anne Rice or the vampire community must face my hell-spawned wrath! twisted !!!"

I absolutely totally agree!!!!  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces