Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The World of Anime and Gaming
I've been playing Madness Returns and... [Spoilers]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
I won't mention the ending of the game.

I do rather like this game! lol I've completed it... infact I completed it in two days... really wanted it to be a longer game... but hey I still need to find all the collectables.

Though I kinda wanted more Wonderland characters to appear... and more levels actually based on places in the books like in the original game. I loved Hatter's Domain and Queensland though because it was very much like revisiting the areas from the original. I don't have any complaints about the levels except Dollshouse... it was too long... and perhaps the Infernal Train area could of actually been a proper level?

I've been playing it on the PS3; the graphics are very pretty... its got a rather unreal feel to it [no pun-intended with the Unreal Engine the game uses]. Though it sometimes takes the game a while to render.

Now... what else? Well Cheshire was awesome as usual... though he really needed to be in more scenes... new appearences from Carpenter and Walrus! Very cool. Though Carpenter scares me a bit with what he does to those poor fish people... Walrus of course just eats oysters... well that's bad enough I guess.

Hatter... being a good guy was like WHOA for me. o_o lol. And the March Hare and Dormouse being the villains? Total switch around from the first game! I was totally expecting Hatter to just suddenly attack Alice or something.

The Queen is... okay too much spoiler-ness... not going to talk about her.

Okay onto a most IMPORTANT subject... Caterpillar. I'm glad he's pretty much the same as he was in the first game... but... he didn't exactly appear much in it... even though there was a lot of stuff to do before actually meeting him. It seems these paper ant guys kinda worship him or something. I really wanted a good look at his sprite in his metamorphosed form near the end of the game [Guess what? He seems to be more of a Moth than a Butterfly... that's new for a Alice adaptation] but the game flashed into a paper-theatre FMV before I could look at his character model much... this made me sad.

Though talking about that... in the FMV when he's about to metamorphose his hookah gets smashed! That made me sad too.

What else? Oh yes... the DLC for the game is awesome! New dresses! Some based on characters! I love the Caterpillar dress! Alice even wears a fez and has antennae when its equipped! ^_^ I would totally wear the dress IRL... and quite a few of the other ones too.

Okay overall? I love the game; I just wanted it to be longer... and have more scenes with Caterpillar.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:35 pm
Azure Caterpillar
I won't mention the ending of the game.

I do rather like this game! lol I've completed it... infact I completed it in two days... really wanted it to be a longer game... but hey I still need to find all the collectables.

Though I kinda wanted more Wonderland characters to appear... and more levels actually based on places in the books like in the original game. I loved Hatter's Domain and Queensland though because it was very much like revisiting the areas from the original. I don't have any complaints about the levels except Dollshouse... it was too long... and perhaps the Infernal Train area could of actually been a proper level?

I've been playing it on the PS3; the graphics are very pretty... its got a rather unreal feel to it [no pun-intended with the Unreal Engine the game uses]. Though it sometimes takes the game a while to render.

Now... what else? Well Cheshire was awesome as usual... though he really needed to be in more scenes... new appearences from Carpenter and Walrus! Very cool. Though Carpenter scares me a bit with what he does to those poor fish people... Walrus of course just eats oysters... well that's bad enough I guess.

Hatter... being a good guy was like WHOA for me. o_o lol. And the March Hare and Dormouse being the villains? Total switch around from the first game! I was totally expecting Hatter to just suddenly attack Alice or something.

The Queen is... okay too much spoiler-ness... not going to talk about her.

Okay onto a most IMPORTANT subject... Caterpillar. I'm glad he's pretty much the same as he was in the first game... but... he didn't exactly appear much in it... even though there was a lot of stuff to do before actually meeting him. It seems these paper ant guys kinda worship him or something. I really wanted a good look at his sprite in his metamorphosed form near the end of the game [Guess what? He seems to be more of a Moth than a Butterfly... that's new for a Alice adaptation] but the game flashed into a paper-theatre FMV before I could look at his character model much... this made me sad.

Though talking about that... in the FMV when he's about to metamorphose his hookah gets smashed! That made me sad too.

What else? Oh yes... the DLC for the game is awesome! New dresses! Some based on characters! I love the Caterpillar dress! Alice even wears a fez and has antennae when its equipped! ^_^ I would totally wear the dress IRL... and quite a few of the other ones too.

Okay overall? I love the game; I just wanted it to be longer... and have more scenes with Caterpillar.

Been playing it too.... am so addicted.  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:47 pm
Bwahahahah! Yes, my March Hare brother, rise up against your oppressors and show your true evil might! DUN DUN DUNN!

...I mean... it all sounds really interesting. <_< >_> ^____^

I haven't played the game yet, but just your mentioning of the hookah getting smashed makes me sad. U_U And I'm going to have to look up the new dresses, because I love that stuff.

*totally buming around about buying the game until she can get it at a discount from game stop*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:01 am
Lady March Hare

lol Marchy!

Yeah I know; I didn't like that bit... now he'll have to find a new one! Or something...

The dresses are awesome. Totally love them... especially [as I mentioned] Caterpillar, Steamdress, Hattress and the Queensland one... can't remember the name of it.

Some bad news though; my PS3 lens is broken; it won't play any discs at all and I'm going to have to get it fixed for around £70. I was doing a replay on Nightmare Mode too at the time!

Ah... I did manage to get all the collectables... but I haven't got all the PS3 trophies yet. I am sad.  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:16 pm
Azure Caterpillar

Awww, poor, deprived Caterpillar. *^*

I shall now go about looking them up. *nodnod* Do something constructive with my time? Psh, NO. X3

Oh wow, that sucks! That's the sneaky power of evil March Hare; breakin' yo' gamin' devices. rofl But seriously, that's no fun... and why so much, PS3 people? O_o I hope you get it fixed soon! For the trophies!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am
Lady March Hare

Talking about that there's a piece of concept art for the game that I wish they had done... its of Caterpillar's chrysalis; but he has the hookah hose actually going into it so he was continuing to smoke even during metamorphosis! rofl. Wasn't in the game though.

Yes I was doing well with getting the trophies... *sigh*  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:30 am
Azure Caterpillar
so he was continuing to smoke even during metamorphosis

This got me laughing for a good minute, at least. XD

Aw, I'm sorry... I hate it when things don't work like they're supposed to. >3<

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 am
Lady March Hare

Was wondering if I could find the picture online, lol.

Ah I just have to figure out exacitically what's going on with it before I send it to get repaired.  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:35 pm
Azure Caterpillar

Haha. To the internet!

Ah, I see. Electronics... it's always something. @_@;

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:23 am
This game now haunts me. I see ruins in my dreams now! That's is solid proof it's an awsome game. It has raped my mind thats how good it is!!! xd Every now and then I do see the rabbit taunting me in the dark too. I would love to thank American Mcgee for turning my dreams and nightmares into mental puzzles. I Luv It!!!  

Sheba_Crescent_Lupera

4,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:03 am
It is an awesome game! I however still can't continue playing it yet... Playstation still needs fixing. lol.

Ah and sorry I haven't been on Gaia much again guys... been busy on another game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:30 pm
Like... if only there was a recolour of the Classilke in green... now with this fez item I could make an avatar based on McGee's Caterpillar.  

Azure Caterpillar

The World of Anime and Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff