Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
British Torture

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lasracha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I bet you all are very proud of your empire. That great empire that nearly conquered the world? That great empire that was never defeated?
How about the British empire that tortured, beat, raped, murdered & stole from innocent civilians? Surely the British would never do this? The British actually did do these horrible things and yet idiot's like the majority of people in this guild are patriotic for Britain.
Let's just run through a few things here...

British Invasion of Ireland:
1 May 1169 was when the Norman invasion AKA British invasion of Ireland began. This was just the start. For later to come was the Oliver Cromwell invasion. When the British landed in Ireland they attacked Royalist military barracks and killed thousands. Then, Cromwell couldn't pay his British troops for their role in the attacks, so he promised them land in Ireland. To get this land the British troops went to Irish civilians houses and basically said "We are taking your property, you can choose to right us, or you can leave, or you can pay rent". Those who fought were brutally killed by British soldiers, those who left either starved or reached Connaught. If they choosed to pay rent, the British soldiers would take the Irish civilians food/valuables. Some British soldiers killed the civilians and took their houses and stayed there in Ireland. The British then took the majority of the Irish's food and left them with only potato's. This led to The Great Famine. And to Britain's wealth today.

The Great Famine:
Whether you like to believe it or not. The British Empire caused The Great Famine. Thousands of food and animals were deported to Britain from Ireland by Cromwell to be used to feed the fat a** Britshit's while the Irish across the water, starved to death. The Indians tried to send food to Ireland but the boat containing the food was stopped on the way to Ireland and was seized by the British. The Ottoman Empire tried to send money to the Irish but Queen Elizabeth forced the Ottoman's to only send 1/3 of what they were sending. This genocide by the British caused up to 5 million innocent Irish people to die.

Boer Wars:
Lizzie Van Zyl was just 1 innocent person to fall victim to the hands of the British empire. Lizzie Van Zyl and many other like him, including his family died in British concentration camps in Boer. You can investigate the rest of the Boer war yourself to see the extent the British empire went to in cruelty.

Palestine:
Palestine WAS a country, and a happy one too, before the British got hold of it. After the Nazi's attacked the Jewish. Palestine was flooded with Jewish immigrants. This spread to a lot of conflict. What do Britain do? Give Palestine to the Jewish. Most of the Irish support a free Palestine today.

Barrack Obama's Grandfather Tortured And Beaten by the British:

"Barack Obama’s grandfather was imprisoned and brutally tortured
by the British during the violent struggle for Kenyan independence, according to the Kenyan family of the US President-elect.

Hussein Onyango Obama, Mr Obama’s paternal grandfather, became involved in the Kenyan independence movement while working as a cook for a British army officer after the war. He was arrested in 1949 and jailed for two years in a high-security prison where, according to his family, he was subjected to horrific violence to extract information about the growing insurgency.

“The African warders were instructed by the white soldiers to whip him every morning and evening till he confessed,” said Sarah Onyango, Hussein Onyango’s third wife, the woman Mr Obama refers to as “Granny Sarah”.

Mrs Onyango, 87, described how “white soldiers” visited the prison every two or three days to carry out “disciplinary action” on the inmates suspected of subversive activities.

“He said they would sometimes squeeze his testicles with parallel metallic rods. They also pierced his nails and buttocks with a sharp pin, with his hands and legs tied together with his head facing down,” she said The alleged torture was said to have left Mr Onyango permanently scarred, and bitterly antiBritish. “That was the time we realised that the British were actually not friends but, instead, enemies,” Mrs Onyango said. “My husband had worked so diligently for them, only to be arrested and detained.”"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:37 pm
Nobody's perfect. In the US they beat & whipped slaves then supposedly set them free, but they weren't much better off until the late 1960's. South Africa kept apartheid until really quite recently...basically slavery. The French, Belgians, Portuguese and every other country that colonised Africa & Asia were just as bad. What about the Spanish Inquisition? That lovely Vatican endorsed torture and murder (auto de fe, etc...) of innocent souls. Tsarist Russia. Communist Russia. Red China. Look through the history books and you'll find pretty much every country has engaged in heinous activities at one time or another. Look at Saudi Arabia and Iran today. Afghanistan under the Taliban until recently. Blood diamonds all over Africa. If you think Great Britain is some misguided devil, you haven't looked recently. Go troll elsewhere.  

TrigglyPuff

Liberal Combatant

Lasracha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:48 am
Ianto Gryffin
Nobody's perfect. In the US they beat & whipped slaves then supposedly set them free, but they weren't much better off until the late 1960's. South Africa kept apartheid until really quite recently...basically slavery. The French, Belgians, Portuguese and every other country that colonised Africa & Asia were just as bad. What about the Spanish Inquisition? That lovely Vatican endorsed torture and murder (auto de fe, etc...) of innocent souls. Tsarist Russia. Communist Russia. Red China. Look through the history books and you'll find pretty much every country has engaged in heinous activities at one time or another. Look at Saudi Arabia and Iran today. Afghanistan under the Taliban until recently. Blood diamonds all over Africa. If you think Great Britain is some misguided devil, you haven't looked recently. Go troll elsewhere.

Are you serious?
Not every country has made faults. Britain intentionally tortured innocents. Trevelyan once said "God sent the Famine to teach the Irish a lesson".
Trevelyan & the royal family/British government are nothing but cowards who have preyed on the weak civilians for thousands of years. Thank god for the PIRA/IRA otherwise you'd still be torturing civilians. I know the affect's of the British Empire in Ireland, I live in the worst hit famine part of Ireland. My ancestors have been in Ireland before the Norman settlers. Some day Ireland will get revenge on Britain. Mark my words. Toicfaidh ár lá!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:37 pm
BIanzer
Ianto Gryffin

Are you serious?
Not every country has made faults. Britain intentionally tortured innocents. Trevelyan once said "God sent the Famine to teach the Irish a lesson".
Trevelyan & the royal family/British government are nothing but cowards who have preyed on the weak civilians for thousands of years. Thank god for the PIRA/IRA otherwise you'd still be torturing civilians. I know the affect's of the British Empire in Ireland, I live in the worst hit famine part of Ireland. My ancestors have been in Ireland before the Norman settlers. Some day Ireland will get revenge on Britain. Mark my words. Toicfaidh ár lá!!

Ireland and Great Britain are not at war. At least the governments are not engaged in battle. Fringe groups wallowing in past Irish losses may want revenge, but it's just that. Fringe & wallowing in self pity. You want a strong Ireland? Great. Do something productive that's going to provide some measurable improvement for your society. Bombing a country that your government is at peace with isn't going to help Ireland one bit.  

TrigglyPuff

Liberal Combatant

Lasracha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:49 pm
Ianto Gryffin
BIanzer
Ianto Gryffin

Are you serious?

Ireland and Great Britain are not at war. At least the governments are not engaged in battle. Fringe groups wallowing in past Irish losses may want revenge, but it's just that. Fringe & wallowing in self pity. You want a strong Ireland? Great. Do something productive that's going to provide some measurable improvement for your society. Bombing a country that your government is at peace with isn't going to help Ireland one bit.

If Sinn Fein gets in they will declare war against Britain. Our currently party, Fine Gael, are wankers. All of Irish media are idiot's who try to deny what Britain have done. And the majority of the Irish people are idiot's who follow like sheep. In the future the real Irish will band together and destroy the Britshit Empire.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:05 pm
Well you obviously care for the Irish.
Besides the Irish have done bad things and so has every other country/Nation.
I really hope you aren't just bothering us. If you are then please, I agree with Ianto Gryffin, troll somewhere else my friend.  

Nears toy army

Lasracha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:24 pm
Nears toy army
I really hope you aren't just bothering us. If you are then please, I agree with Ianto Gryffin, troll somewhere else my friend.

Ireland has never done bad things.
And I'm just pointing out what you idiot British have done.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:26 pm
jesus your a bit naive i think young man. did you not do history at school? as if hitler even needs to be included for you to understand every nation does atrotious things.  

g0th_chick_uk

Wealthy Lover

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Converter 100

Nears toy army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:57 pm
BIanzer
Nears toy army

Ireland has never done bad things.
And I'm just pointing out what you idiot British have done.

That was all in the past...
Get the hell over it. (excuse my language)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:18 pm
g0th_chick_uk
jesus your a bit naive i think young man. did you not do history at school? as if hitler even needs to be included for you to understand every nation does atrotious things.

Name them.
Ireland didn't invade Britain.

@ Near: The IRA do not forget, The IRA do not forgive.  

Lasracha

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:43 pm
If you are truly passionate about this matter, Blanzer, then I would think you would find a more appropriate place to discuss the matter. Trolling a social web site aimed at teenagers that has no discernible effect on world events is hardly a brave or admirable thing to do. Get yourself educated and go out into the real world to make a stand and try to make a difference. Disturbing the peace here in this guild will convince no one of your beliefs and only cause friction and grief.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:00 pm
BIanzer
[angry stuff]

You should be careful that a love of your country doesn't drive you to aggression and to a blindness to reality. After all, what else do you think drives such oppressions as those above?

Anyway, it's likely that there's no fruitful discussion to be had with this trolling effort. If you want to talk it over, then I'd encourage you to refine your OP down to something more...productive, or specific, and post it in the politics subforum.

For now, locked. And thank you everyone for bearing this with such good grace.

Invictus_88
Captain

Gaian British Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces