Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
A toast to HRM the Queen!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TrigglyPuff

Liberal Combatant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:56 am
A toast!!

It's brilliant. It's eco-friendly. And you can feed your friends with it!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 am
im not a royalist but i thought she looked lovely in that light blue outfit while she watched the guard change parade. is it wrong to say i prefer the yellowy uniform over the garish red with the dodgy furry hats?  

g0th_chick_uk

Wealthy Lover

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Converter 100

TrigglyPuff

Liberal Combatant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:02 pm
I've always felt the helmets were rather over the top, but I'm so used to them I can't imagine them going way of the bin. *shrugs* As for the red, I'm partial to it. Again, probably due to seeing it for 43 years. It's an agressive colour, so it seems appropriate for military dress.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:04 pm
Aggressive?

What strikes me most is the way that our military parades look disciplined and professional without looking aggressive. If one compares it to military parades by Eastern European or Asian armies, the tone is noticeably different.

Invictus_88
Captain

TrigglyPuff

Liberal Combatant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:46 am
I think I may have been misunderstood. My reference to 'aggressive' is regarding the general psychological imapct of the colour red on the brain, not the military itself, parades, general attitude of personnel, etc. I very much enjoy our dress parades, and I also like the various uniforms. It would be sad and, well, strange to have the drab olive or brown of many other countries.  
Gaian British Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games