Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Q&A
Another Note B. Questions!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K021 N1V3K

8,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:22 pm
~ So, I'm writing a fic. (my very first fan fic. of anything ever) and I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible.
I have three questions pertaining to B's murders that I was hoping you guys could help me with.

First question:
I know B. used the Wara Ningyo needle and thread trick to lock the doors but why?
My guess was for experimentation and identification but I'm pretty sure he could have manually locked the doors without having to go through the trouble.
Why do you guys feel this was really done?

Second question:
How the hell did he get into their homes in the first place?
There wasn't any break-in so he must have made it through the door somehow.
Did he actually have a spare key made? If so, how?

Third (and last) question:
What do you think was the drug he used to knock out his victims? How did he drug them?

Sorry if this is really long and annoying.
I just want to make a great story.
Thank you for all your help! ~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:04 pm
Okay, I'm happy to answer questions about B!

1. The Wara Ningyo: Simple. B needed to ensure that the number of victims was known. Using the wara ningyo as symbols, he created a countdown that would be obvious to L. L knew the fourth victim would be the last, and thus he'd only have four chances to gather clues. Three if he intended to stop the fourth murder, which he said he did.

2. Getting in. He could have simply knocked on the door and pushed his way in once they opened the door. Or, perhaps they didn't lock it to begin with. Many people only lock their doors at night or when going out (this isn't a good idea anywhere near LA, so I doubt this was the case, but it's possible). It's also possible that he was able to get keys from the locksmiths, or steal the keys and make a copy, then conveniently leave the original key for them to find, like they just dropped it and overlooked it when they originally tried to find it. The possibilities are endless on this one, though like Mello says, I doubt B would have put more effort into it than was necessary.

3. Oh, the possibilities. Chloroform is possible, but it can kill you by accident, and that would ruin his cause of death pattern if it happened twice. Perhaps he used ether, often used in anesthetics...or Halothane. It depends on the method of delivery too. If it was injected, then you're looking for a liquid drug...possibly morphine. An inhalational is most likely though.  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

K021 N1V3K

8,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:52 pm
~ Thank you for your response!

I understand that the wara ningyo were essential but I don't understand why he went through the trouble of the needle and thread trick when he could simply lock the door by hand.
That part still bothers me.

A friend of mine also mentioned chloroform and said that with the right dosage it could be used to knock someone unconscious without killing them.
Also, and I'm not sure if this is correct, it's evidently hard to trace within the body.
In the book it never specified what drug was used so this could be a possibility.
The other one you mentioned I am not too familiar with but I will look into it.

Again, my friend had this theory for his entry: since there were no defense wounds on either victim, he could have simply knocked and when the door was answered, he could have covered their mouth with a cloth having traces of chloroform on it.
I think it seems likely (again, ensuring a specific dosage that would not kill the victim) so I may use that idea. ~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:40 am
The needle and thread trick was simply so that he could lock the doors. The thumb turn locks were only accessible from the inside of the room, and he couldn't very well be inside the room when the police were there, could he? The needle and thread trick created the locked room, and actually went through the process of locking the room.
Typically locked rooms are used to make murders look like suicides, but in this case they were to make the murders look like murders, so that when B committed suicide, it would look like a murder and not a suicide. But for the trick to work, you need two of the thread holes so that the pressure of the thread isn't going to mess up the force applied to the lock.
That's why it was impossible for the last scene to be a murder, and had to be a suicide.

I hope that answered your question. X3

Myuki Tod

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:37 am
*facepalm* Doi, yeah, what she said. I completely missed the point of that first question, my bad! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:34 pm
Myuki Tod
The needle and thread trick was simply so that he could lock the doors. The thumb turn locks were only accessible from the inside of the room, and he couldn't very well be inside the room when the police were there, could he? The needle and thread trick created the locked room, and actually went through the process of locking the room.
Typically locked rooms are used to make murders look like suicides, but in this case they were to make the murders look like murders, so that when B committed suicide, it would look like a murder and not a suicide. But for the trick to work, you need two of the thread holes so that the pressure of the thread isn't going to mess up the force applied to the lock.
That's why it was impossible for the last scene to be a murder, and had to be a suicide.

I hope that answered your question. X3

~ I see now.
I wasn't sure how a thumb turn lock worked but it makes perfect sense now.
Thank you! ~

K021 N1V3K

8,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

-I Left Forgotten I-
Crew

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:08 pm
umm who is B.?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 pm
Animeissuperawesome
umm who is B.?

O: *shock!*
Only the best serial killer ever.

You need to read Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases!  

Myuki Tod

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

-I Left Forgotten I-
Crew

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:57 pm
Myuki Tod
Animeissuperawesome
umm who is B.?

O: *shock!*
Only the best serial killer ever.

You need to read Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases!

is he another kira? ????  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 pm
Animeissuperawesome
is he another kira? ????

Oh no no~ He came long before Kira did. :3 You have to read the novel. It's a spinoff of the original series. And it's set before Kira was even a twinkle in anyone's eyes.  

Myuki Tod

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

K021 N1V3K

8,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 am
Animeissuperawesome
umm who is B.?

~ Gasp!
You must read The Los Angeles B.B. Murder Cases immediately!
You are suffering and don't even know it!

But seriously, it's a really good spin-off.
I recommend you give it a shot. ~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:11 am
Myuki Tod
Animeissuperawesome
is he another kira? ????

Oh no no~ He came long before Kira did. :3 You have to read the novel. It's a spinoff of the original series. And it's set before Kira was even a twinkle in anyone's eyes.

thank you ^^  

-I Left Forgotten I-
Crew

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Tycoon 200
Death Note Q&A

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers