Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Quick, I need a back-up plan...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm
So, I just got home from my local community college, where I discovered that my exercise class had been canceled due to not enough people in the class. (Minimum needed was 4 people, the class only had 2 people signed up. scream )

I don't have any money to go to a major gym, but thankfully, my college has a free gym for students. I'm thinking that on days I don't "visit aunt flow" I can go swiming in the pool for 30 minutes, and when "it's that time of the month" I can do 15 minutes on the treadmill and my final 15 on a seated, low bike.

But there's got to be more I can do? Does anyone else have any ideas? I know I should do hand-held weights, but I don't know any motions. Any other ideas?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:01 pm
The community college gym and swimming is a great idea! Just try to go as often as you can (at least 3 or 4 days a week minimally). As for weight lifting, start with 5 pounds in each hand do different motions. You can lift them up and down above your head, or extend your arm outwards and lift the weight towards your face (don't move your wrist though).

I'm sure there are videos on YouTube that can demonstrate them properly. Good luck! Also, when I go to the gym, I like to spend at least an hour there doing different stuff.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games