Head banging
  In a mosh pit
  Right up front making noise
  At a reasonable distance to enjoy the music
  Drunk sitting
View Results

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:41 pm
I am very happy I have not had a bad experience thus far, although to be honest, the worst experience I've had was at an Emily Autumn show; she was being a b***h to her fans.

Right after I go to a live performance, I'm totally obsessed with the music for the following week. I also don't shut up about it. Is anyone else like this? I have friends who listen to nothing but ___ on the way to said show, and then anything but ___ on the way back.

What shows have you been to, and which ones were your favorites? Any adventures/pictures you're willing to share?  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:48 pm
Here is my collection of shows in order:

Doobie Brothers (I'm not joking)
Incubus
Bella Morte
Marilyn Manson
London After Midnight
The Birthday Massacre
Mindless Self Indulgence (seen them twice!)
Urn
Nine Inch Nails
Emily Autumn
VNV Nation
Genitorturers
Hanzel Und Gretyl
Star Killers
iVardensphere
Combichrist

I had the opportunity to see the Lords of Acid with Anglespit, but my car decided it didn't want me to.  

MEOWITSTERRA

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:10 pm
I've never been to a show... emo But I hope to go to see Abney Park in November!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 am
Whilist I listen to a huuge variety, I've pretty much /only/ been to hardcore and metal concerts.

I'd love to go to a concert of goth rock, of folk, industrial, techno, hiphop, and pretty much everything else -- However it only seems to be that we get an exceeding amount of metal/hardcore concerts in our city.

I find in a concert of a very harsh genre like that, the main attraction to it is the crowd. It's less the music in itself, and more the effects and interaction, like moshing.
I personally love shoving people around and making a complete fool of myself as everyone else does the same.

The best show I have gone to, by far, was a Cancer Bats concert. They're a Canadian punk band, and they're amazing. They were very interactive with the crowd (Encouraging the moshing, cracking jokes, asking questions, etc). The music was great, and it was altogether just a fun night.

The worst I have gone to, I was actually dragged to with a friend, for a band called These Kids Wear Crowns. They're sort of a soft, pop-esque "scene" band, and it consisted of a lot of sitting around doing nothing, listening to the music as they played with no interaction in the slightest.
Now, I think it may have been that I was impartial to the music. Say I was seeing The Cure, my opinion might be different on something like that, but I think the biggest attraction for me is the connection there between the artist and the crowd.

In an example, I am going to see MayDay Parade, as they are stopping by my town. An "emo", pop-punk sort of band; However I enjoyed their music when I was younger, so it should be interesting, regardless of the interaction.

I apologize my rambling, but on a side note;
To Candy, I am SO jealous of you. Everyone there you have said I would kill to go see, especially The Birthday Massacre and Mindless Self Indulgence.  

SADERR

Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff