Welcome to Gaia! ::

[ B U R N :: the everything guild ]

Back to Guilds

The Everything Guild... For Everyone, Everywhere. Designed with you in mind, to help you make the very most out of your Gaia experience! 

Tags: charity, contests, reality, advice, gold 

Reply - Extended Discussion & Debate -
Has the world really can to this... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:35 pm
Roxy Hazard
...a lot of girls think they should dress up how people are "supposed" to dress in a situation. Thats why we get a bad rap =P
Couldn't have said it better myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:38 am
how ironic...girls in nightclubs dresses like that....but when they got touched on a wrong area...they'll call it sexual harassment....  

psyco_bacon22

Dangerous Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:59 am
Supinelu
First off, to judge a very diverse group of people, an entire gender based on what one sees at a nightclub is somewhat of a misstep. Think about where you're drawing this evidence from to begin with.

Think about it. There are many, many women who don't dress the way some women dress at a club. As one such woman I'm sort of irritated to be included in this over arching category of "all females" myself =/

Edit: And as I should have clarified, there's a difference between wearing revealing clothing in a club - a nightclub even, where it's expected - compared to wearing revealing extremely revealing clothing walking down the street or something.
I completely agree! Most people go to a night club to "hook up", so they show off their....assets. You can dress as you like, I wouldn't condemn a person just because of what they were wearing. Nor would I assume they were sluts, how do you know they many sexual partners and why do you care?

Another interesting point that I would like to bring up: What about women who dress up as revealing attired characters at anime or sci-fi convention, are they considered slutty too?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 am
psyco_bongun22
how ironic...girls in nightclubs dresses like that....but when they got touched on a wrong area...they'll call it sexual harassment....
Well, did a women indicate that she would like to to touched in certain areas? Just because a woman is wearing something revealing doesn't mean that gives you an all access pass.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

elyzia
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:46 pm
psyco_bongun22

Damn straight, & rightfully so!

Women have the right to dress however they damn well please without their attire constituing an open invitation to have their genitals & breasts poked & probed & grinded up against by any stranger who decides they want to "hit that".

talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:52 pm
Vengence of Areashine
psyco_bongun22
Well, did a women indicate that she would like to to touched in certain areas? Just because a woman is wearing something revealing doesn't mean that gives you an all access pass.

It doesn't.

And something I find odd here...this is pointed towards Vengence's wording.
You make the point to indicate that "they got touched on a wrong area" which indicates a knowledge that whatever area you refer to you consider it to be wrong to touch a woman there without her consent.

So yeah. It is sexual harassment. By definition.  

Supinelu

Versatile Genius

Angel Serene

Devout Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 pm
You really, similar to what Dressia said, have to look at the way our culture is turning. As it stands, either through television, magazines, or even radio, the trend is to show and glow so to speak. However there are plenty of other clothing fashions that have hit our culture. For example you have the gothic style, punk, gangster, formal (standing firm), and even the classic prep boy style is holding strong. If you really think about it, the styles of today are no different from the styles of the past. They have just altered to some degree.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:35 pm
Just because some girls dress in revealing clothes, doesn't mean they're whores or slutty or anything. If it makes girls feel better about themselves having guys staring at them or trying to hook up with them, then let them be. Don't judge.  

cristeal

Arbalesk

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:25 pm
psyco_bongun22

Since this reply has taken a lot of hits, i think i should clarify it a little to hopefully take away some hate. I think he means that if women want to feel respected or attractive, they should dress confidently towards what direction makes them feel that way and should be ready to accept the consequences, after all, how they dress does give that very important "first impression"

I don't particularly agree with him, just feel like the statement could be said less crudely.  
- Extended Discussion & Debate -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff