Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
GUESS WHAT I DISCOVERED!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-I Left Forgotten I-
Crew

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:24 pm
Light Yagami's last name spelled backwards is actually im a gay  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:38 pm
Personally, I think it's funnier that his first name is the kanji for moon instead of, you know, the kanji for light. Meaning his name is a bilingual Cryptic Crosswords way of saying "moonlight". No wonder the boy has issues.

I'm amazed that the victims in the BB murders weren't serial killers themselves, frankly. :p  

DomaDoma

Myuki Tod

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:10 pm
^ I agree with that. I was discussing that with my friends the other day.
I was asking, who the hell would name their child Backyard or Blues-harp? ~_~' It makes no sense. I can see /kinda/ how you would name your kid Believe, and MAYBE even name your kid Quarter or Blackberry, but Backyard and Blues-harp is just too astranged. |D

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:22 pm
Myuki Tod
I was asking, who the hell would name their child Backyard or Blues-harp? ~_~' It makes no sense. I can see /kinda/ how you would name your kid Believe, and MAYBE even name your kid Quarter or Blackberry, but Backyard and Blues-harp is just too astranged. |D

Imagine the abuse they suffered throughout school because of their names...  

Nears toy army

Myuki Tod

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:37 pm
Nears toy army
Myuki Tod

Dear god, those poor children.
They probably were going to commit suicide that day, if Beyond hadn't killed them. @_@

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:39 pm
Myuki Tod
Nears toy army
Myuki Tod

They probably were going to commit suicide that day, if Beyond hadn't killed them. @_@

So maybe BB was a good guy...  

Nears toy army

Myuki Tod

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:41 pm
Nears toy army
Myuki Tod
Nears toy army
Myuki Tod

So maybe BB was a good guy...

I think he was a good guy anyways.
x3 Yeah, it's possible. Put them out of their misery for terrible names.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:47 pm
Yeah, I don't get Mello's line of reasoning there, where he says (Another Note spoilers under highlight) [Beyond didn't really kill them because their lifespan was running out anyway. Seeing as, you know, any non-Death-Note-related murder counts as a natural end to the lifespan. I'd call it more "self-fulfilling prophecy" than "they would have died anyway".]  

DomaDoma

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:05 pm
Ah. I understand it. You see, if he tried to kill someone who's life span was not up at the time, he would have to fail, or it would be a death before they were "Destined" if you will, to die. Since a death in such a manner is impossible without the death note, he would HAVE to fail.

Now, by going after people who's life spans were up at the time, he was assured of success. But: Who's to say that their life spans weren't up because BB was going to kill them? That was perhaps their destined death. Therefore, he was killing them because he was destined to kill them. Now, had he not been able to see their life spans, who's to say he wouldn't have picked one of thousands of other potential victims instead. See, because he could see when they would die, he chose to kill them when they would die.

His murders were a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.

And actually, we can't take all of Mello's information as absolute fact. He is only going with what he knows or has deduced. Much of it is pure speculation, and not backed up with solid evidence.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:25 am
Akiko-infinity
Ah. I understand it. You see, if he tried to kill someone who's life span was not up at the time, he would have to fail, or it would be a death before they were "Destined" if you will, to die. Since a death in such a manner is impossible without the death note, he would HAVE to fail.

Now, by going after people who's life spans were up at the time, he was assured of success. But: Who's to say that their life spans weren't up because BB was going to kill them? That was perhaps their destined death. Therefore, he was killing them because he was destined to kill them. Now, had he not been able to see their life spans, who's to say he wouldn't have picked one of thousands of other potential victims instead. See, because he could see when they would die, he chose to kill them when they would die.

His murders were a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.

And actually, we can't take all of Mello's information as absolute fact. He is only going with what he knows or has deduced. Much of it is pure speculation, and not backed up with solid evidence.

I guess we can assume that nobody in the mafia got a cap in his a** during the period where Kal Snydar had the eyes. It was only three weeks.

...and that's the only way Mello could know for certain that murder is just as fated as any other end to the lifespan, which is actually really ******** depressing when that makes you realize that nobody surviving at the end of the series will ever know just what went down with Rem.  

DomaDoma

Death Note Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff