Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
Sninigami Eyes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 pm
DomaDoma
I vaguely remember that Obata did have a system for converting shinigami units into human time... but that he'd forgotten it by the time HTR13 came out. -.o

Anyway, as the shingami eyes require Death Note ownership and there's only one person I ever thought I'd kill with the Death Note and right now it looks like he's going down regardless... yeah, my pathetic inability to recognize people is better than losing half my lifespan.

(Especially since I would probably succumb to the rule about losing ownership of the Death Note if you can't find it for two-hundred-odd days. When I think of myself as a character in the show, I always see myself as Aizawa, but really, I'm on a par with Matsuda for absent-mindedness.)

Oh, really? So I guess there is some sort of system C: At least now I know now that there actually is something to figure out.

I can understand that. Hm... only one person? One of the only people I think would be better off dead would have been Hitler because millions of people would have been saved. But he's dead now anyway so it wouldn't matter XD

(I understand completely. I'm like that with some things. However I think I'd be better at keeping track of a death note than some random object)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm
Alosha Girl
1. No, because I would like to live long and you woulden't know how long you have left anyway
2. I'm trying to peice it together but I always get confused xD

1. That's true to some extent.
2. I understand. I want to figure it out but I haven't really tried yet. I will though, I'm determined to. lol

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

Deniera Knight

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:00 pm
AlmostRulingTheWorld
Myuki Tod
I'd probably trade half my lifespan for the eyes. For no reason less than it would be cool to have them. X)'

I think they look cool but I wouldn't risk half of my life.
I wonder if BB lost half of his lifespan when he got the eyes.

No, BB didn't. He was born with 'em.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:04 pm
Deniera Knight
AlmostRulingTheWorld
Myuki Tod
I'd probably trade half my lifespan for the eyes. For no reason less than it would be cool to have them. X)'

I know he was born with them, but it was probably because a shinigami decided to drop his eyes instead of a death note. So I wonder if the rule still applies. It could go both ways, though.  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

Deniera Knight

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:32 pm
AlmostRulingTheWorld
Deniera Knight
AlmostRulingTheWorld
Myuki Tod

I know he was born with them, but it was probably because a shinigami decided to drop his eyes instead of a death note. So I wonder if the rule still applies. It could go both ways, though.

Nah, I dun think so, BB was BORN with 'em so rather the rules were with 'em or not; BB had always had the same life span.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:36 pm
Deniera Knight
AlmostRulingTheWorld
Deniera Knight
AlmostRulingTheWorld
Myuki Tod

Nah, I dun think so, BB was BORN with 'em so rather the rules were with 'em or not; BB had always had the same life span.

That's true but it wasn't exactly what I meant.  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

DomaDoma

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:36 pm
AlmostRulingTheWorld
DomaDoma
I vaguely remember that Obata did have a system for converting shinigami units into human time... but that he'd forgotten it by the time HTR13 came out. -.o

Anyway, as the shingami eyes require Death Note ownership and there's only one person I ever thought I'd kill with the Death Note and right now it looks like he's going down regardless... yeah, my pathetic inability to recognize people is better than losing half my lifespan.

(Especially since I would probably succumb to the rule about losing ownership of the Death Note if you can't find it for two-hundred-odd days. When I think of myself as a character in the show, I always see myself as Aizawa, but really, I'm on a par with Matsuda for absent-mindedness.)

Oh, really? So I guess there is some sort of system C: At least now I know now that there actually is something to figure out.

I can understand that. Hm... only one person? One of the only people I think would be better off dead would have been Hitler because millions of people would have been saved. But he's dead now anyway so it wouldn't matter XD

(I understand completely. I'm like that with some things. However I think I'd be better at keeping track of a death note than some random object)

Yeah, that'd be Ahmadinejad. Same concept. And it looks like the ayatollahs are going to get rid of him the first chance they get. (Man, I never thought I would root for the ayatollahs.)

Hence, I would only really be keeping the Death Note lying around out of my hypothetical massively stupid desire not to embarrass myself around acquaintances. I need my driver's license on a much more regular basis, and I've lost three of those. I'd initially put it in a "safe place" so there's a slim chance of it falling into the wrong hands, sure, but you know how those "safe places" turn out. :p  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:44 pm
DomaDoma
AlmostRulingTheWorld
DomaDoma

Yeah, that'd be Ahmadinejad. Same concept. And it looks like the ayatollahs are going to get rid of him the first chance they get. (Man, I never thought I would root for the ayatollahs.)

Hence, I would only really be keeping the Death Note lying around out of my hypothetical massively stupid desire not to embarrass myself around acquaintances. I need my driver's license on a much more regular basis, and I've lost three of those. I'd initially put it in a "safe place" so there's a slim chance of it falling into the wrong hands, sure, but you know how those "safe places" turn out. :p

I agree with you on that one.

You've lost three driver's licenses? Okay, I'm somewhat absent minded but I don't think that would ever happen to me. Or at least it hasn't happened yet, I shouldn't jinx myself.
It depends on how "safe" they are, though. XD I'd probably just keep it in my bedroom somewhere I'd only remember. No one can find anything in there if they tried.

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

DomaDoma

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 pm
Hm, if we could get all ~philosophical*~ for a moment...

Between losing twenty-five years out of fifty, or losing three months out of six.. what would you say is the worse deal?

Me, I can't decide.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:06 pm
AlmostRulingTheWorld
LightYagamiisawesome
I have the first manga with his lifespan numbers hehe

I don't own it but I can see the page online 3nodding

yea that 2. I'm no Shingami myself but I think Ryuk knew that Light would be ended by Near and Matsuda...  

-I Left Forgotten I-
Crew

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Tycoon 200

DomaDoma

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:26 pm
LightYagamiisawesome
AlmostRulingTheWorld
LightYagamiisawesome

yea that 2. I'm no Shingami myself but I think Ryuk knew that Light would be ended by Near and Matsuda...

Not necessarily. It's definitely implied that he would have survived all the gunshot wounds, and five years is pretty typical on death row in Japan.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:30 pm
DomaDoma
Hm, if we could get all ~philosophical*~ for a moment...

Between losing twenty-five years out of fifty, or losing three months out of six.. what would you say is the worse deal?

Me, I can't decide.

In my opinion, it wouldn't matter. You wouldn't be able to predict your own death so you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference until the day you died came. And by then there wouldn't be anything you could do about it.  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:46 pm
LightYagamiisawesome
AlmostRulingTheWorld
LightYagamiisawesome

I don't know if there was evidence to really say whether he did or didn't, or whether Light would've died by Near or Matsuda. It's a possibility, though, since Ryuk could tell when Light was destined to die.  
Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff