Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
8lbs in 5 weeks?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:47 am
This is a temporary journal. As I am attempting to loose the 12lbs I gained over the winter. Since I was only up 7lbs when I started dieting again (dieting is not necessary over the summer because I'm naturally very active) my progress looks like THIS:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

About Me:
Female
Height 5'7

Heaviest----------------------------------------------------Lightest, this past summer

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

Now:
User Image

Goals: Return to last summer body. But preferably with more muscle and tone. According to myfitnesspal.com my calorie goal is 1200 (after exercising, so I could in theory consume as much as I want, but have to burn enough calories that the end result is 1200 ) According to another source, it's 1600 so I'm not entirely sure. I guess I'll aim for 1200 and accept anything below 1600

I'm trying my best to track calories on myfitnesspal.com but some meals have lots of ingredients and I get fed up. As you can see I haven't had much progress even though I've been actively trying to loose weight since February, so it's very frustrating. Hopefully this will help me achieve my goal by my birthday weekend, which is when pools and beaches usually open and therefor bathing suit season officially begins.

I realize 8lbs might seem like a very small amount of weight, but to me it is the difference between wearing a bikini and feeling confident about my body, and hiding my body and feeling like s**t. My heaviest weight was somewhere around 160-170lbs, my lowest was 127 my goal is around 130 with hopefully more muscle mass then last summer.

Advice, encouragement, suggestions, comments etc very much appreciated.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:55 am
Day 1:
So my new resolution is to try to eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day. This is basically impossible since I eat dinner with my parents and my mother always makes a very large, very fatning meal. But I will try to break up breakfast and lunch into spaced out, small healthy meals.

Breakfast:
Organic oatmeal, plain, no sugar added.
1 banana, raw
1 teaspoon cinnamon.
1 cup of "forever nuts" tea from David's Tea

nutritional info: 4g fat, 7g protein, 241 calories and 45g carbs

*note: This is pretty impressive for me, usually my breakfast is something around 500 calories and even THAT is not completely satisfying. This was surprisingly filling.

Lunch:
asian chicken sandwhich
salad with vinaigrette dressing
5 french fries from my dad's plate sweatdrop
1 ice tea, sweetened wit 1tsp agave nectar

note: calories unknown, estimate 420 calories. (found a similar sandwhich and salad from a pub on the myfitnesspal database)

Exercise:
30mins of brisk walking with my dog.

Snack:
homemade smoothie:
1/4cup green & fruity ice tea from David's Tea, no sweetner.
1/4 cup frozen fruit mix from grocery store (pinaple, melon, grapes, strawberries.
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup fresh strawberries
1 banana.

note: insanely delicious. 141 calories,

snack 2
chipotle chicken quesadilla (frozen, grocery store, cooked it on a grill)

note: 200 calories.

Dinner:
3 slices of cheese pizza gonk
note: like I say, the one meal I'm not in charge of. So frustrating, cause I did so well all day and then it's like she sabotages me. crying And yes I didn't have to eat 3 whole slices, but I was hungry.

note: Calories unknown, an estimate of 711 according to myfitnesspal.com

Edit: I WAS planning on working out a lot more today sad but studying has taken up my entire day and now I just feel exhausted. I'm gona crawl into bed early (it's 9:30pm here) with a cup of "jessie's Tea" from David's Tea go to sleep and get up early, get this exam over with so I can resume having a life.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

-Broken Anna Len-

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:05 pm
Omgosh you still look amazing!! I'm using myfitnesspal.com also and if I don't it exactly 1200 cal it says I'm starving myself. (which I'm not, I love food too much)

I was wondering (since you lost all that weight before) what type of exercise would you recommend. I don't have a lot of money to spend on fitness items and I can only go to the gym every once in a while (plus there shutting it down soon.)

Anyways I'm asking you because you have done such an amazing job on losing weight before.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:23 pm
-Broken Anna Len-
Omgosh you still look amazing!! I'm using myfitnesspal.com also and if I don't it exactly 1200 cal it says I'm starving myself. (which I'm not, I love food too much)

I was wondering (since you lost all that weight before) what type of exercise would you recommend. I don't have a lot of money to spend on fitness items and I can only go to the gym every once in a while (plus there shutting it down soon.)

Anyways I'm asking you because you have done such an amazing job on losing weight before.

Well less than 1200 is pretty low eek I hope you mean after gaining calories from exercise.

where do you live? If you have a lululemon store nearby, check their website for free workouts in the am. I go on Sunday's. I also have a way of finding great deals. I have a "try the Y" for one week coupon, I got a month trial for another gym and using websites like livingsocial.com dealfind.com teambuy.com and groupon.com I was able to snag a deal for a nearby gym for 25 bucks I get 25 free classes (so were talking like a buck a workout here) and a consult with a nutritionist.

But honestly the gym is not what I think did it for me. It was just being active. I think biking to work every day is what really made the difference. I also swim, ski, kayak and hike. Cause if working out is a chore, I tend to not find time alot. But when it's say, your commute to work, then you're always gona fit it in. And I enjoyed it cause biking home in rush hour and just flying by all the cars stuck in traffic made me feel great.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

-Broken Anna Len-

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:37 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
-Broken Anna Len-

Well less than 1200 is pretty low eek I hope you mean after gaining calories from exercise.

where do you live? If you have a lululemon store nearby, check their website for free workouts in the am. I go on Sunday's. I also have a way of finding great deals. I have a "try the Y" for one week coupon, I got a month trial for another gym and using websites like livingsocial.com dealfind.com teambuy.com and groupon.com I was able to snag a deal for a nearby gym for 25 bucks I get 25 free classes (so were talking like a buck a workout here) and a consult with a nutritionist.

But honestly the gym is not what I think did it for me. It was just being active. I think biking to work every day is what really made the difference. I also swim, ski, kayak and hike. Cause if working out is a chore, I tend to not find time alot. But when it's say, your commute to work, then you're always gona fit it in. And I enjoyed it cause biking home in rush hour and just flying by all the cars stuck in traffic made me feel great.

I'm not sure exactly, maybe we can friend each other on there. I live in Ionia Michigan. (which is super tiny) We do have Zumba but since my boss is a Zumba instructor she usually has me work during her classes (fail) Also I LOVE RIDING MY BIKE (thats how I get to and from work) ANd I know what you mean if it feels like a chore! I can't stand it!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:58 pm
-Broken Anna Len-
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
-Broken Anna Len-

I'm not sure exactly, maybe we can friend each other on there. I live in Ionia Michigan. (which is super tiny) We do have Zumba but since my boss is a Zumba instructor she usually has me work during her classes (fail) Also I LOVE RIDING MY BIKE (thats how I get to and from work) ANd I know what you mean if it feels like a chore! I can't stand it!!!

Zumba is awesome! I've never sweat so much, like, ever.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm
Day 2!

Breakfast:
oatmeal, plain
banana
cinnamon

snack:
goldfish crackes
kashi granola

lunch:
Chicken Quesadilla
goldfish crackers

snack:
activia dessert mocha

snack:
activia dessert lemon merangue

exercise:
push ups, crunches, weights.
About 20mins of upper body strength training.

snack:
activia dessert, lemon merangue
I'm HUNGRY! :'(
But I'm already over my calorie goal. Gonna do some cardio after dinner. I'm too hungry to workout right now.

Dinner:
Two grilled chicken breast

note: I had a CHEESEBURGER on my plate. But I refused to eat. Self Control much? Usually I would just eat it, since she cooked it. But she also cooked chicken simply cause it'd been in the fridge two days and would go bad if it wasn't cooked soon. So I was able to eat that instead, and not feel bad about saying NO to my mother. Especially after she ordered pizza last night, enough is enough.

So despite not eating the cheeseburger and eating fairly healthy today, I managed to go over my calorie budget by like 800! :'( Also didn't workout today, was too damn tired  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:13 pm
Day 3

Breakfast:
Kashi Go Lean Berry Crunch cereal with 1% milk

Exercise:
40mins elliptical trainer biggrin
20mins leg workout: squats and lunges.

snack:
activia dessert yoghurt

Lunch:
2 whole wheat chicken and veggie wraps with cheese grilled. YUMMY!
Probably could have had just one, didn't expect it to be so filling when I made two of em.

snack:
activia dessert yoghurt

exercise:
3hr nap lol

Dinner:
Two chicken thighs, spiced and roasted from the grocery store
cucumber slices
cherry tomatoes
4 olives

The first day this week I'm actually right on my calorie goal WOOHOO! I did go over a bit on fat. I probably shouldn't have had that second chicken leg at dinner. It's an impulse thing if it's ON my plate, I eat it. I was just raised that way lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:42 pm
Day 4!

Breakfast:
2 bowls kashi go lean

exercise:
45mins yoga

Lunch:
2 small grilled chicken sandwhiches

Dinner:
Marathon chicken pita with salad and a few fries.

I need to go punch it my dinner in myfitnesspal but I think I went over oddly enough. I think unless I do 45mins of cardio or more I will ALWAYS be over. I can see how I ended up gaining all that weight this winter sad I might sign up for the lulu running clinic and train towards a 5k run at the end of the summer.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:00 pm
Day 5!

Breakfast:

organic oatmeal
cinnamon
banana

snack:
Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1% milk

Exercise:
3 sets of 10 pushups and weight lifting.

Lunch:
Chicken souvlaki (leftover)

snack:
2 slices cold veggie pizza

Exercise:
40mins elliptical (burned 400 calories)

Dinner:
Chicken leg with thigh, fries, gravy, coldslaw. (Mom got takeout AGAIN *sigh*)

Over by 350 calories. stressed  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:08 am
Day 6

Breakfast:

breakfast sandwhich (2 slices whole grain bread, 1 egg, tomato slice, mayo, lettuce.)

Brunch:
Tim Horton's breakfast bagel (with egg, cheese, lettuce, tomato)

Dinner:
Idian Buffet, didn't really keep count sweatdrop
But I had tandori chicken, butter chicken, egg plant, veggies and dessert was a small donut type thing.
2 beers

Exercise:
40mins walking  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:16 am
Day 7

Brunch:
fruit smoothie

exercise:
30min inclined treadmill

Lunch:
bowl of kashi cereal

snack:
activia dessert
3 lavash flax crackers

dinner:
1 chicken burger
1 chicken pattie with no bun or condaments.
Both breaded

I wasn't feeling too well I think the indian food wasn't sitting well so I didn't eat much. Was under my calorie goal by almost 200!  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:34 am
I'm getting really frustrated. The number on the scale refuses to budge. I was down 1 whole pound yesterday morning I was so excited and today it was back up. I have been going to group classes, being really careful about what I eat. I know I kind of gave up on this journal but only cause it felt repetitive what with using the myfitnesspal to track my food.
crying  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff