Welcome to Gaia! ::

☾The Outlaw Wolf Pack☽

Back to Guilds

A guild for everyone and everything. We offer fun stuff for all types, and we aim to please. We try to have a bit of everything. 

Tags: Contests, Prizes, Roleplay, Friends, Outlaw Wolf Pack 

Reply • Mythology, Legends, & Folklore •
Konan's Tales: Whistling Woods

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shippuuden_Konan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:44 pm
Rarely any person has heard of the story of Whistling Woods. Here is how it begins...

One day, there was a hunter named John Quin (No one is sure of his name, but this is most common) who had hunted all around the world. Everywhere he went, there would be at least 5 dead people as soon as he left. Rumors started about how they were the spirits of lal the animals he has killed. People began to think it sin to kill any animal. On John's way back to his starting point, he decided to retire. He hung up his gun and finally built a log cabin in the woods and completely isolated himself from the rest of the world. No one went onto his property, because he almost shot at a young boy once. It was his nephew. Anyways, one night John went out for a walk, not thinking there were any animals in the forest. He began to whistle the song of a bird, a pheonix some say, for rebirth. He was being followed. He turned around to catch a glimpse of what looked like a giant bear or moose. He thought nothing of it and continued whistling as he headed back to his house. About halfway there, he was attacked by a creature that was like a mixture of all the animals he had killed. The creature had piercing red eyes, and sharp fangs. It had antlers like trees, and hoofs and claws. It had long ears like a rabbits, and the growl of a lion. It killed him and disposed of his body in his yard. A few days later, his nephew came to try to approach yet again. He found the dead body in the yard, but he thought it was killed by John shooting at another trespasser. He alerted the police and they found out that it WAS John. His nephew walked out into the forest just a little ways, and heard something. It was whistling. He could not find where it was coming from, though. He thought it was his uncle, since he met him once before, and whistled the same song. That is why many people think it was the song of the pheonix being whistled, because John was still there, just not to be seen again.

Legend has it, if you go out in the exact forest (unknown location) you will hear the whistling if you carry a shark's tooth and hand-carved bongos. The bongos are for someone who knows the pheonox's song and can play along with it. If you can play along with it, you will be granted one look at John Quin. No one has yet done so, known anyways.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:16 pm
Now I must learn to play the bongos and how the pheonix's song goes....

This is an interesting tale, but it seems to missing an element in the retelling.  

Phunockery

Versatile Gekko

Shippuuden_Konan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:42 pm
Phunockery

This is an interesting tale, but it seems to missing an element in the retelling.

surprised and what would that be? And this tale doesn't have much of a location and not many know about it. I learned cause im interested in legends and myths SO MUCH xP  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:46 pm
Shippuuden_Konan
Phunockery

surprised and what would that be? And this tale doesn't have much of a location and not many know about it. I learned cause im interested in legends and myths SO MUCH xP

I don't know what the missing element is, but perhaps it's tension. That's kind of lost in reuse of the same word.... I'm bit of a serious story writer. xp

I like legends myself and I tend to try to rewrite and perfect them (not in the plot but in the wording). It's a wonderful passion.  

Phunockery

Versatile Gekko

Shippuuden_Konan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:50 pm
Phunockery
Shippuuden_Konan
Phunockery

I don't know what the missing element is, but perhaps it's tension. That's kind of lost in reuse of the same word.... I'm bit of a serious story writer. xp

I like legends myself and I tend to try to rewrite and perfect them (not in the plot but in the wording). It's a wonderful passion.

To be honest, i sorta took out tension, i didn't think it needed it xP I can try again if you like  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:54 pm
Shippuuden_Konan
Phunockery
Shippuuden_Konan
Phunockery

To be honest, i sorta took out tension, i didn't think it needed it xP I can try again if you like

I was just pointing it out honestly, helping someone learning their weaknesses and that sort of jibber jabber. If you think you should rewrite it, or want to go ahead. But I do say that taking out the tension was not a wise decision. Every good story has a bit of tension.  

Phunockery

Versatile Gekko

Shippuuden_Konan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:01 pm
Phunockery
Shippuuden_Konan
Phunockery
Shippuuden_Konan
Phunockery

I was just pointing it out honestly, helping someone learning their weaknesses and that sort of jibber jabber. If you think you should rewrite it, or want to go ahead. But I do say that taking out the tension was not a wise decision. Every good story has a bit of tension.

Very well, when I have the time, I will try my best to put tension back into this story... And I must say you do sound like a writer, so I say go for it! And thank you for commenting to help me be a better righter I really do apreciate it biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:03 pm
You're welcome ^.^  

Phunockery

Versatile Gekko

Shippuuden_Konan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:07 pm
unfortunately, i must go offline for now, so it will have to be edited some other time. Ta ta for now ;]  
• Mythology, Legends, & Folklore •

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games