Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Writers' Corner
First Two Paragraphs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got any ideas you're willing to share?
  Yes! *comment*
  Not for you >:] *steals poll vote*
  Poll whoring option!
View Results

J Fawkes

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:15 am
So, I know it's not much, but it's a start and I don't know where to go from it. Think anyone here can help me out?

Soft, electric humming emitted from the neon red and white sign just outside of a dirty window. Finger smudges and cigarette butts litter the edge of the windowsill, small patches of discoloration on some of the panes almost seemed to try and muffle the sight of the flashing letters, announcing the name of the bar just below the grungy floor; The Hall of Jackals. Thin streams of smoke danced around the tip of a middle-aged man’s nose, caressing his eyeball which in turn causes his eye to close out of discomfort. The lit cigarette dangling in between his index and middle finger seemed to taunt him, every sizzle or plume of smoke calling out to him for consumption, begging to be inhaled and let set in blackening lungs.
Hanging from the walls are some small, tattered pieces of old wallpaper, long having been painted over in dark red paint. A lone bed sat in the far corner of the room, occupied only by the man, an ashtray and half a dozen thin blankets. Aside from the bed, which was not only uncomfortable but also slightly too small, the only other objects sitting in the room were a round coffee table sitting in the center of the room (mostly covered in adult magazines and assorted strains of cannabis) and a much-too-old television/radio which was shakily attempting to play the song “Karma Police” by Radiohead.

It's not a project or anything, it's just for fun.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:59 am
In never ending void he about to discover a new dimension inside of his mind . His dreams will become new reality where everything he feared and loved will take shape of ruthless, bloodthirsty demons . Yet inside his mind he alone dictates the outcome of a fight but his true opponent is himself . The only way to escape is too battle throw everything that he thought he left behind long time ago . burning_eyes  

RzDz
Vice Captain

J Fawkes

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:12 am
RzDz
In never ending void he about to discover a new dimension inside of his mind . His dreams will become new reality where everything he feared and loved will take shape of ruthless, bloodthirsty demons . Yet inside his mind he alone dictates the outcome of a fight but his true opponent is himself . The only way to escape is too battle throw everything that he thought he left behind long time ago . burning_eyes
You seem to have what I was going for down-pat razz Making that into a story without losing yourself in it is the hard part though. I've been looking into delusional schizophrenia and other mind-altering illnesses, but I can't seem to get the imagery quite right (and that's what most of my writing is about).  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:36 pm
I like what you have so far! Very descriptive. smile

I like that you almost paint a picture with words.  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

J Fawkes

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:16 am
Pandiecakes
I like that you almost paint a picture with words.
My ex-fiancee told me the exact same thing. I try hard to make the image from my mind fall out onto the paper, which is why I'm failing on this. I'm starting a less in-depth novel as we speak (I've been working on small details for it for about two months now). I'm making it more Tolkien-like.  
Writers' Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games