Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
Hair Shaving - Weird? xD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huntress_Lena

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:25 pm
I've been more sub conscious lately and I was wondering...
Do any girls have arm hair and shave it? I realized that I think I'm the only one out of my friends that has kind of noticeable arm hair. A few of my friends swim and it doesn't show, or that they just don't have any so it looks fine. Another time at my tennis practice, I think my arm had more hair than a boy...which...is making me freak out a bit about my appearance ^^'

So, any other hair problems that girls have? Sorry for making such a weird topic xD  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:30 pm
Pardon my french, but fuuuck yeah I have arm hair.
I'm hispanic and italian. Terrible combination for any lady, my hair is thick and long, and grows super fast. If you want a picture I'll show you so you could maybe feel better about yours.

Are you white and/or have pale skin? Is your hair dark, or blonde, or what? If it's blonde I wouldn't even worry about that. If you really want to shave it, then do it. I sometimes shave it and sometimes leave it. Right now it's long and terrible. I don't really care enough to do anything about it, it doesn't actually bother me a whole lot [unless i'm wearing watches with metal wristbands and what not].

alienli

Friendly Tipper

xXxCrystalxXxClearxXx

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 pm
Honestly, I don't like it when celebrities or general audiences shaving their heads. I cut my hair every once in a while but love it,
absolutely!  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:31 pm
xD Oh, I'm asian, so my hair is dark and it grows back FAST. At least, I prefer to shave every other day crying Such a pain. And I think I have ingrown hairs or something, because after i shave it, you can kind of see it on my skin even though it's smooth. >.> The sad part is that pretty much all of my friends don't look like they need to shave and I'm like the only one...I think.

The good thing is that the hair on my head grows back fast...at least.... Well, according to my friend, when I cut it about 6 months ago, it's already grown back like 9 inches. >.> Good thing I like long hair..but...not on my legs or arms.

@xXxCrystalxXxClearxXx: yea, I know what you mean. Some girls at my school shaved off half of their head and it looks..interesting. Sometimes not bad, but slightly odd xD  

Huntress_Lena

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:30 am
I'm french and have naturally dark hair so my arm hair really shows. I have a friend who is pretty much the same as me. I leave my hair alone, she chooses to shave it. I don't bother because my hair has like...super powers in the growing field. I have to shave my armpits and legs everyday so I can't imagine how my arms would handle that sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:40 am
YOU CAN KEEP YOUR PERFECTLY PINK LIFE

Personally, I don't think you should shave 'em.
I have light skin but living in the Caribbeans has given me a good tan;;
My arm hair is light brown (almost blonde) & thin.
So not only are they manageable but because of their light color they kind of blend in with my skin color.
But I have a friend who is completely pale (she's really light skinned & is allergic to sun rays so yeah..), but she has think dark (manageable) hair.
Her arms are covered & even though she hates it, I love it.
It's a natural beauty & it looks so gorgeous on her that I sometimes wish I was born with think dark hair..
You should be proud of how you look which I'm sure is beautiful. =)
Now, if you are really insecure about it, you could trim your arm hairs down a bit. I find an arm with no hair is kinda gross. =s

I'LL BE JUST FINE LIVING MINE MULTICOLOR ;D

-Angel Buttons-

Huntress_Lena

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:04 pm
^^ Thanks to those who've posted!

Yea...i tend to shave my legs about every other day because they grow back like crazy... Well, my hair in general does.

^^ Thank you all! I think I'll just leave them as they are, and maybe trim the really long ones if i never notice it being WAY too noticeable.
Oddly, I think that a few of my friends don't have any hair on their arms and legs, it's just natural for them. >.> Kinda jealous, but maybe it's just that i don't notice. I know that for swimmers, they don't shave unless it's a big meet but you never notice it anyways xD  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:50 pm
I hate to shave.....I buy Nair  

xXxGuardianReaperxXx

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:44 pm
Ahhh, I understand your plight. I have pale skin, because I kindof enjoy being pale, and I have natural brown hair that grows like CRAZY (For example, I can cut my hair and donate 10-12 inches every year and a half to two years). So the hair on my arm is irritatingly long and noticeable, and I don't like it.
I would rather not shave it though, because I HATE stubble. I've honestly considered just waxing it or using Nair/Veet on a regular basis.
I've always been really self-conscious though ever since this one kid called me a gorilla back in middle school because my arm hair was very noticeable.

Stupid words hurt. A lot. ;_;

But yeah, I'm kinda in your boat as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:48 pm
Adagietto

>.< Sorry for not replying or anything, I haven't logged onto Gaia for a while.

Yea, my hair grows like that too. I cut 10-14 inches about each year....
Oh dear...I hate it when other people say things like that. It just echos in my mind at the worst times. Like when I was little, I had super short hair like a boys(I don't really know why xD) and while waiting for my parents, a boy passed and called me a boy, he didn't notice that I was actually a girl. Since then, I've been keeping my hair long and although I'm a bit of a tomboy, I do a few girly things too.

Yay for having similiar problems! ^^  

Huntress_Lena

Angelic iGirl

Angelic Assailant

10,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:55 pm
I have hair on my arms. It's a bit embarrassing sometimes but loads of other people have it. xd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Arm hair shouldn't be shaved. My mum said that it'll make them grow faster and thicker. If you want them to vanish burning_eyes then laser therapy can do it, for a price. I hate the price.  

aikomeow

5,900 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items