Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Wandering Towards a Kemetic Path(U/C)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:03 pm
In this thread I will post my beliefs and as I learn more how my beliefs have changed. I've kinda pushed myself to do this so I would get back into my research since I've been putting it off since my move.

I'll open the thread back up once I've been able to add info that actually pertains to the path I'm headed towards. Please do not post in here until that time.

Post 1: Intro
Post 2: Bio
Post 3: Beliefs
Post 4: Reserved

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:19 pm
Bio
So I figured I'd give you guys a little bit of my background since a lot, if not all, of my morals come from how I was raised. Well to start out I was born and raised in Ohio, except the few months I lived with my dad in Florida. My parents both came from Christian families(I think my maternal grandparents were Greek Orthodox and my paternal grandparents were hardcore Lutheran) so naturally thing would want their offspring and their offspring and so on to be Christian as well. My mom's parents didn't push for us to go to church and get baptized and all that stuff. But the same couldn't be said for my dad's parents. They pushed for us to go to church with them every Sunday and whenever they changed churches we had to too. Then for a period of time(I forget what happened exactly) we stopped going for a couple years. Me and sister didn't care. We had just been going through the motions and pretending to believe what they told us(I think my mom still refuses to believe that me and my sister aren't actually Christian and we're 20 and 17 respectively for Pete's sake. I mean she gave my fiancé a weird look when he bought some Tarot cards the day we were all going to the movies and then she totally flipped s**t when I got myself some a couple weeks later). But then a couple years later one of my friends wanted me to go to AWANAs with them. So I went and that's probably when my mom started being somewhat of a hardcore Christian but I still felt like I was going through the motions cuz I didn't feel all that connected to it. I had thought that it was probably just because I was a stupid little kid and that's why I didn't understNd or feel connected to it. So I tried again in middle school(needless to say it still didn't work) but when we were studying mythology I felt some kind of pull. It got stronger when we studied Egypt. Bast had been one of the goddess we briefly talked about. I thought my contection to her was only because of my obsession with cats. I mean what person with an obsession with cats wouldn't love a cat headed goddess? But either way I wrote my attraction to Egypt and Bast as just part of my cat obsession. Then in high school I on and off tried the whole church thing but in junior year I heard about Wicca. I thought 'Hey I've tried a little bit of witchcraft why not see what this Wicca thing is?' Now I want to make something very clear: I did not call myself Wiccan. I still haven't called myself Wiccan because I didn't know much about it. If I have it was purely accident or misunderstanding because how I worded it. I'm only pointing this out because of all the fluffy bunnies ruining it for people and for those who think everyone starts out fluffy. From my understanding of the phrase fluffy bunny I do not think I was one because of the fact that I started gathering information before I was going to label myself. Ok but back to the main subject. During that time I never really looked into Wicca mostly because of school and fear of what my parents would think. To them if you weren't Christian you were damned to Hell. Then once I was in college I kinda forgot about Wicca until like a year or so that me and my fiancé had been talking about astral projection and enegry working. I still didn't really look into since my fiancé kept saying he would take me to the coven he was in(he never did). It wasn't until like last November or December I started looking for books and then online once I was in Florida. Reading into it a lot of the things in Wicca being oathbound is a real turn off for me(I'm still going to research Wicca for a while though since I'm stubborn like that and so I have actual knowledge when my fiancé tries to tell me something(I swear it's like like Coven of the Fluffy Bunnies over at the Fort Sill army base) and if my ex decides he actually wants to keep trying to tell me he's Wiccan(if he decides to talk to me again that is. We had a nice long debate last time he tried). But that's all I can think of right now. I've only been around for 20 year and it's been a pretty dull life.

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 pm
Beliefs
-I believe that all different deities are out there whether they are YHWH(I did type that out right, right? If not I'm sorry and will fix my mistake), the Kemetic deities, Shinto, Norse, or anyone else. Also that they want personal relationships with people not like what a lot of Pagan books say that you can just call on them on a whim just because you need something. They have things to do too.
-I believe that everything is connected and things happen for a reason. Though I still do believe in free will. Just because something is supposed to happen doesn't mean we don't have the choice to go against it and do something else.
-I believe in Karma(or whatever you want to call it since it has so many names)
-I believe angels, demons, vampires, ect exsist and that we are able to communicate with them. Granted a lot of people lie and say that they are these creatures. I believe that they only exsist as spirits that are able to live on either plane. I think they can actually possess a person but only if the people is willing and that person should take responiblity for whatever happens while possessed since they let it happen in the first place.
-I believe that there is some kind of balance. Kind of like Yin Yang where everyone has the ability to be "good" and the ability to be "evil".
-I believe that at death the soul is spilt into two where one part is used in reincarntion and the other part either goes to whatever place in the afterlife that person believed in or wanders the Earth until they decide to move on.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:25 pm
Reserved

I will edit as more comes to mind

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff