Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
What Do You Think About Wendy's?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painful Passion

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 pm
Now I stopped eating Fast Food years ago. I'd been a Vegetarian for about 6+ years before April 2010 when I started the Vegan diet and I have been Vegan ever since.

Well Wendy's Fries had supposed always been safe to eat and even more now since their all natural with sea salt.

Now more of their menu is starting to say All Natural.

Do you believe it? Do you think their telling lies?

I just cannot believe it. Possible with their fries but anything else I just cannot believe. So many fast good places lie or try to hide ingredients or calories so I myself cannot believe it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:38 pm
I say, if you want to eat crap, eat fast food. While i don't pay attention to Wendy's veg friendly list very much, I WILL note this, whenever I'm out and about, and cruising with my boyfriend(he will NOT eat any food from the local coffeeshops, we go to chick-fil-a. I gorge myself on waffle fries and fruit cups.

That said, we dont eat out often(which is a good thing otherwise id die of malnutrition because french fries are sooo bad for you!).

That said, all natural does not mean organic, or anything like that. As far as I know, it means nothing legally, thus its just a fancy label to sell more product, tricking the consumer into thinking they've chosen a healthier product.  

Sakakikala

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:36 pm
You should notice that it's called "Natural Cut" and not "All Natural." Natural cut just means they're cutting it with the skin still on. They're probably still using the same GMO potatoes from Monsanto just as every other fast food place does.

However, I love their new fries now. They're a nice treat every once in a while. <3  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Oh I see I never even thought about that Ailinea.
Well I have not yet tried them still on the fence about them. I make my own homemade fries so I am all good! wink  

Painful Passion

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

DarkWitchofDream

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 am
I think their fries are kind of poop. They're soggy when I get them. The baked potato is nice every once in a while, however.

My boyfriend used to work at a Wendys. He told me that they have separate vats for the fries and sandwich/meat stuff, that's a plus.

This article helped me a lot when it comes to ordering fast food.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:59 pm
Don't know, I never go to places that reek with cooked flesh. (kdng)

Go online, find Wendy's email, email them, and find out.  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items