Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
A Journal of the Defective Variety

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Defective Candy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 pm
A Journal of the Defective Variety

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Story
I struggled with with weight gain ever since hitting puberty, although I was very active in Taekwon-do and other sports. After having going through a lot of issues with girlie stuff, and getting pulmonary embolisms (blood clots in my lungs) I became a awesome rarity of a 19 year old non-smoker with blood clots caused by birth control. But good did come out of it, I switched to a new doctor who diagnosed PCOS first visit. Now I'm 22 and despite being given a new lease on life have yet to be able to spark the ability to lose the weight. I topped off at 300 pounds and finally said enough was enough. I've now lost 5 pounds (a feat with pcos non the less) but hit a brick wall for three months. I hope to be here for more inspiration, and with putting it out in public to be held accountable.

The Goal

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I promised myself if I lose 100lbs I could go back to Boston for Vacation!! (And Anime Boston!!)

But I know it takes time to reach a goal that huge so I'm taking it in 15lb goals.

My First Goal: 285lbs

The Format

[b]Date:[/b]
[color=#3D09E6]~[/color][color=#4712DC]☆[/color][color=#511CD2]~[/color][color=#5B26C8]☆[/color][color=#6530BE]~[/color][color=#7039B4]☆[/color][color=#7A43AA]~[/color][color=#844DA1]☆[/color][color=#8E5797]~[/color][color=#98618D]☆[/color][color=#A36A83]~[/color][color=#AD7479]☆[/color][color=#B77E6F]~[/color][color=#C18866]☆[/color][color=#CB925C]~[/color][color=#D69B52]☆[/color][color=#E0A548]~[/color][color=#EAAF3E]☆[/color][color=#F4B934]~[/color]
Hours of Sleep:

Mood:
[color=#3D09E6]~[/color][color=#4712DC]☆[/color][color=#511CD2]~[/color][color=#5B26C8]☆[/color][color=#6530BE]~[/color][color=#7039B4]☆[/color][color=#7A43AA]~[/color][color=#844DA1]☆[/color][color=#8E5797]~[/color][color=#98618D]☆[/color][color=#A36A83]~[/color][color=#AD7479]☆[/color][color=#B77E6F]~[/color][color=#C18866]☆[/color][color=#CB925C]~[/color][color=#D69B52]☆[/color][color=#E0A548]~[/color][color=#EAAF3E]☆[/color][color=#F4B934]~[/color]
Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Snacks:

Water:

Exercise:

Mood:

Notes:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 pm
The Weekly Weigh-Ins
+04/26/2011 - 295lbs
+05/09/2011 - 292lbs

Exercise References
Hamstring Streches
Basic Low Impact Aerobics Complete 20 Minute Workout
Couch to 5K  

Defective Candy

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 pm
PCOS is the worst thing ever. My doctor was horrid to me when I was at my heaviest weight and told me to lose weight or find another doctor... I was so angry I lost the weight and my problem actually went away (it was the most infuriating time ever). (My doctor was actually horrible for other reasons too)

Good luck, You're going to do GREAT! : )  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:39 pm
Seraphsody
PCOS is the worst thing ever. My doctor was horrid to me when I was at my heaviest weight and told me to lose weight or find another doctor... I was so angry I lost the weight and my problem actually went away (it was the most infuriating time ever). (My doctor was actually horrible for other reasons too)

Good luck, You're going to do GREAT! : )

THANKS!! Yeah, I was originally put on the pill for irregular periods, and after the blood clots, I asked the doctor what I should do if I want to become sexually active, and he said "meh, a condom's good enough, just don't do it around the time you think your ovulating." (remind you, I originally got on the pill for irregularity) I was shocked, so I walked out of his office, new doctor figured it out instantly what was wrong with me. So needless to say, I'm happy I now have the chance to lose weight!!  

Defective Candy

Defective Candy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:56 pm
Date: 04/26/11
~~~~~~~~~~
Hours of Sleep: n/a

Mood: frustrated
~~~~~~~~~~
Breakfast: Yogurt & 2 turkey slices

Lunch: Subway Orchard Chicken Salad Sandwhich w/ lettuce & tomato. Strawberry & banana smoothie (made with yogurt) (small)

Dinner: Roasted red pepper soup & milk

Snacks: Cheese & grapes
cup of instant ramen

Water: 10 cups

~~~~~~~~~~
Exercise: 5 min warm-up on elliptical machine, worked some machines in the gym before running a 19 minute mile (hey, I'm getting better) then finished it out to 30min light jogging.

Mood: tired, but happy

Notes: Sciatic never flair up today, going to have to take it easy & baby it tomorrow, knew better than to push it running today, but alas it was fun. Also need to space eating times more evenly, ate dinner at 4 before a class & ended up hungry when I got home at 9 that night.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 pm
Date: 04/27/2011
~~~~~~~~~~
Hours of Sleep: 8 hours

Mood: frantic (overslept)
~~~~~~~~~~
Breakfast: Salted Soft Pretzel

Lunch: Crunchwrap Supreme & coke icee

Dinner: Crunchy Burrito & iced tea

Snacks: Bottle of Livewire Mountain Dew
2 glasses of blueberry juice (only 5 cal/ 2g sugar)

Water: 115 fl oz

~~~~~~~~~~
Exercise: 4 hours of bowling
10mins DDR
Mood: feel like crud

Notes: Today was one of the worst eating days I've had in a long time. And I discovered something behind it. I spent all day today out with friends, actually the first day in a while with them, and you can see the impact they had on my diet.

This diet put me at approx 2,158 calories for the day, but I know I did not do enough exercise to make up for the 158 over and honestly I feel like crap after eating all that bad food. I need to work on healthier choices, like if all my friends are going to taco bell get something of the fresco menu at around 170 cals instead of crunch wrap at 500. Tomorrow is a work day so I need to make sure I pack a snack so not to be tempted by the snack stand at work. Also I want to work on getting rid of soda in my life, and instead for a caffeinated fix maybe move to brewed tea.  

Defective Candy

Defective Candy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:39 pm
Date:
~~~~~~~~~~
Hours of Sleep: 9

Mood: neutral
~~~~~~~~~~
Breakfast:Breakfast Lean pocket (eggs & bacon) blueberry juice

Lunch: Mac & Cheese (single serving) w/ diet pepsi

Dinner: Smart Choice Salisbury steak w/ macaroni diet mountain dew

Snacks: Edamame, salted pretzel

Water: 60Fl oz

~~~~~~~~~~
Exercise: Walked a mile; stretching exercises

Mood: stressed

Notes: Lots of stress about my very long day tomorrow. I only ever get about 3 hours of sleep between Thur & Fri due to work working me a closing shift than an opening shift the next day. I have to be up at 5:40 to get to work on time. After work I have a ton of meetings to go to, always fun. Only exercise I get on Friday is my walk home, which is about 1.5 miles away.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:40 pm
Finals are over, there are no more excuses, back to the diet as of tomorrow, I will prevail!!!  

Defective Candy

Defective Candy

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:20 pm
Date:
~~~~~~~~~~
Hours of Sleep: 7 hours

Mood: Sleepy
~~~~~~~~~~
Food:
Honey Almond Yougurt
Green Tea *Diet
Diet Coke
Pretzel W/ Butter
Lemon Herb Chicken
Chicken Romano Fresca
Jerkey
Sesame Glazed Chicken
Popcorn
Caloric Total: 1,660

Water: 148 Ounces

~~~~~~~~~~
Exercise: No exercise, long day at work

Mood: Tired

Notes: Back on the bandwagon after a little blip. Finals are over so I don't really have an excuse not to be eating healthier. Admittingly, I wasn't the best at eating today, specially seeing I really need to go shopping and all, but I kept below calorie count, so that has to say something.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 am
I keep as my mantra that I don't ever want perfection (think of it as stagnation, nothing to work for). I want 'better'. We strive for better because we can do that. You're doing better, and you're going to rock on to even better than before. : )  

Tandahda
Crew

Defective Candy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:37 pm
Date: 05/08/2011
~~~~~~~~~~
Hours of Sleep: (I should really start writing this down in the morning)

Mood: good
~~~~~~~~~~
Food:
Milk
Lemon Herb Chicken
Ice Cream
Tuna medley w/ crackers
banana nut muffin
smart ones lasagna
peas
Diet Green Tea

Total Caloric Intake: 1,920

Water: 210oz

~~~~~~~~~~
Exercise: All work & no play...

Mood: Tired but happy

Notes: Doctor's office tomorrow for a check-up & weigh-in  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:38 pm
Ended up losing 3lbs!! woo!! Boy am I happy to see that number!!  

Defective Candy

Defective Candy

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:48 pm
Date: 5/10/2011
~~~~~~~~~~
Hours of Sleep: 8

Mood: not wanting to get out of bed (rainy day)
~~~~~~~~~~
Food:
Milk
Pizza
Rootbeer barrels
Campbell soup
string cheese
imitation crab
mini-delights.

Total Caloric intake: 1,950

Water: approx 2 liters

~~~~~~~~~~
Exercise: 30 min walk

Mood: good, productive day, excited to spend the day with a good friend tomorrow.

Notes:  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 pm
Date: 05/11/2011
~~~~~~~~~~
Hours of Sleep: 8h

Mood: happy
~~~~~~~~~~
Food:
Cerial Bar
crab
string cheese
milk
quaker delights
taco bell big box ( sweatdrop sweatdrop )
Romain lettuce
raspberry vinegar dressing
diet mountain dew

total caloric intake: 2142

Water: 2 liters

~~~~~~~~~~
Exercise: 10 minute walk

Mood: disappointed

Notes: well crud...i knew better. I knew I didn't have to get the big box meal, but I did anyway. It's so hard when you are out with people not to do what they do. And being a college student it's hard not to try and be cheap, the big box meal seems like such a deal. Alas, now I have regret. I would have been under the 2000 calories if I skipped dinner, but I didn't want to do that, so I had a salad with some chopped up crab in it, and some raspberry vinegar. The dressing has 92 calories in it, but I can't eat salad plain, I should look into if there is a lower cal dressing. The nice thing about summer is I naturally eat a ton of salad (like Romain) and tend to like tea more than sugary drinks.  

Defective Candy

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff