Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Haven't lost anything :(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarclis

Vicious Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:05 am
So in my first week and a half, I lost 8.6 pounds. And now, during the past week, I didn't even lose .1 of a pound.

I've been doing calorie counting and haven't gone over in the past week, but I went over a lot in my first week.

So wtf? What should I add/remove (food/beverage related) to get my weight loss going again?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 am
Light Kink
So in my first week and a half, I lost 8.6 pounds. And now, during the past week, I didn't even lose .1 of a pound.

I've been doing calorie counting and haven't gone over in the past week, but I went over a lot in my first week.

So wtf? What should I add/remove (food/beverage related) to get my weight loss going again?

Lol, well tell me what you did during the first week I dont mind helping C:  

Bipolar Reality

5,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:51 am
For proper advice I think more information needs to be had.

What was your starting weight? Is this your second week? What is the calorie limit you set for yourself?

Some common problems for people are that they set their calorie limit too low and their body wigs out and starts shutting down their metabolism to compensate. A calorie limit too low for you could be as much as 1400 calories depending on your height and weight.

Without more information I won't put anything else out there,

Use this to find out your BMR and pay attention to your activity level. Your BMR is your basal metabolic rate, what your body needs to survive at the very least. If you were in a coma, getting this many calories you'd live. Use the 'low activity' level at the very least for what you should be eating.

Holding steady for a week or even two is not a shame, you want to be holding steady at your goal weight, so think of it as practice. You'll start losing again. Don't worry.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:14 pm
Mr Asame
Light Kink

Well the first week I messed up a LOT. I had a lot of fast food and everything. It makes no sense.  

Tarclis

Vicious Sex Symbol

Tarclis

Vicious Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:21 pm
Seraphsody
For proper advice I think more information needs to be had.

What was your starting weight? Is this your second week? What is the calorie limit you set for yourself?

Some common problems for people are that they set their calorie limit too low and their body wigs out and starts shutting down their metabolism to compensate. A calorie limit too low for you could be as much as 1400 calories depending on your height and weight.

Without more information I won't put anything else out there,

Use this to find out your BMR and pay attention to your activity level. Your BMR is your basal metabolic rate, what your body needs to survive at the very least. If you were in a coma, getting this many calories you'd live. Use the 'low activity' level at the very least for what you should be eating.

Holding steady for a week or even two is not a shame, you want to be holding steady at your goal weight, so think of it as practice. You'll start losing again. Don't worry.

First of all, thank you (:

Second, more info;
According to WebMD, my BMR is 1570. I have been eating 1200 calories because both WebMD and MyFitnessPal told me to (lol).

My starting weight is 192 and I'm 5' 1". I began keeping track on a Wednesday, and I weigh myself on Sundays. I "started" on the 6th, but I was terrible at it for a few days or so because I had way more fast food than I should have.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:21 pm
Light Kink
Mr Asame
Light Kink

Well the first week I messed up a LOT. I had a lot of fast food and everything. It makes no sense.

Well this is what you should do run and/or walk around your park at least 6 times for approximately an hour or more. Swing your arms around, it helps your back and figure from some reason.

Go home turn on the T.V in your living room, your room, or whatever and do as many crunches as you can before each commercial. Or you can do as many crunches in between each commercial.

Before you go to bed do at least 10 push-ups a night, at the end of every week of push-ups, add 5 more. And continue from there.

Sidenote: Always be willing and wanting to do some sports with your buddies, and listening to music helps. Especially if your like me that gets/does random exercise at random times.  

Bipolar Reality

5,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100

Tarclis

Vicious Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:36 pm
Mr Asame
Light Kink
Mr Asame
Light Kink

Well this is what you should do run and/or walk around your park at least 6 times for approximately an hour or more. Swing your arms around, it helps your back and figure from some reason.

Go home turn on the T.V in your living room, your room, or whatever and do as many crunches as you can before each commercial. Or you can do as many crunches in between each commercial.

Before you go to bed do at least 10 push-ups a night, at the end of every week of push-ups, add 5 more. And continue from there.

Sidenote: Always be willing and wanting to do some sports with your buddies, and listening to music helps. Especially if your like me that gets/does random exercise at random times.

Great, thank you (: I definitely don't have any sort of time to go to the gym or anything like that, so yeah it'll be pretty random. I also don't watch TV lol but I can do that between homework assignments or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 pm
A lot of fitness and weight loss sites tell you to eat way fewer calories than you should because they want you to be on a 'diet' to lose weight fast, but the horrid thing about a diet, is that you go off it eventually and a lot of people fudge up at that point.

It's better to chose a BMR calculator that takes activity levels into account, and put in your height and your goal weight instead of your true weight. If you pick low or moderate activity for your goal weight and eat those calories you *will* be at that weight eventually.

With a 'little to no' activity level added to your calories you will lose weight if you eat 1500 calories. Try changing your weight to that weight or your goal weight and see how many calories you can eat. You'll be surprised.

You are starving your body, and you will crash eventually. I've been down that road.

Think of your body like a fire, if you want a smaller fire, you need to feed it less, but if you feed it too little, your fire will go out.

Edit: Also, weight loss is strange. It doesn't always work. Just keep at it and don't let it get you down.  

Tandahda
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games