DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 pm
That looks a LOT better, definitely looks like it's been blasted by something with a bit more heft to it.

And maybe it hasn't been in service, but I know it's seen some field-testing, I read about it on one of those military.com e-mails ages ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 am
Thanks, I was hoping you'd like it! I also made the green fro the devise more vibrant, I think it looks better without looking "plasticy".
The video did say that it was field tested in Iraq, would have been nice to have been told about it, though.  

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:52 pm
So how about the rest of this guy's squad? Are they all getting terrain bases, or is he just for flavor?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:59 am
DarkElf27
So how about the rest of this guy's squad? Are they all getting terrain bases, or is he just for flavor?
Well, it's back and forth; he's painted with the same scheme as the others, but I spent more time on him than the others.  

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

Asmusei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 pm
I know I've been pretty much flooding the guild with my semi-decent units, but I have just a few more pictures and it'll tone down quite a bit for a while, so here it goes.
DarkElf Suggested shields, trying new weapons, posing and all sorts of stuff, I have these two units to show. Hopefully they look alright, they still need touch-ups and whatnot, but I also tossed them together for testing out in a few games. The first is one that I chopped the front off of a Fusion Blaster and replaced it with a Flamer from IG. The shield is just a chopped up Drone.
User Image

This next one is the Leader of the three, just with a Bonding Knife and radio thingy to mark him as such. With this one I just did all the posing I could think of that wouldn't look down-right stupid.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:17 am
You may want to ease back on the drybrushing a bit, it makes your models look awfully fuzzy and chalky.

Personally I'd think a clean solid scheme would work better, it is something that works really well for Tau armour.

Final bit of nitpicking, the flamer nozzle looks a bit out of place with the rest of the really high-tech gear. Shutting up now. sweatdrop  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 am
Lady Blodwynn
You may want to ease back on the drybrushing a bit, it makes your models look awfully fuzzy and chalky.

Personally I'd think a clean solid scheme would work better, it is something that works really well for Tau armour.

Final bit of nitpicking, the flamer nozzle looks a bit out of place with the rest of the really high-tech gear. Shutting up now. sweatdrop
I know what you mean, but when it's not being washed by my crappy camera and a few feet away drom you, it doesn't look bad at all, just has a rough texture.

Well, I just couldn't think of anything else that would look like a Flamer, as soon as you looked at it. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:08 am
Asmusei
I know what you mean, but when it's not being washed by my crappy camera and a few feet away drom you, it doesn't look bad at all, just has a rough texture.

Well, I just couldn't think of anything else that would look like a Flamer, as soon as you looked at it. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears...
I'm guessing you don't have any Crisis Suit flamers handy? wink Though generally speaking, they shouldn't be too hard to replicate, given the Tau's simple weapon design aesthetics.

While I'm here, did you know we're running a painting contest with great prizes to be won? Feel free to enter!  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:22 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei

I'm guessing you don't have any Crisis Suit flamers handy? wink Though generally speaking, they shouldn't be too hard to replicate, given the Tau's simple weapon design aesthetics.

While I'm here, did you know we're running a painting contest with great prizes to be won? Feel free to enter!
Pretty much no one likes my paint scheme, so I really feel no compulsion to try.

Use the same weapon on a smaller, different weapon? No thanks, I'll leave the uncreative excuse for new units to Games Workshop.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:43 pm
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei

Pretty much no one likes my paint scheme, so I really feel no compulsion to try.

Use the same weapon on a smaller, different weapon? No thanks, I'll leave the uncreative excuse for new units to Games Workshop.
That's a rather bleak way of putting things.. sweatdrop  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei

The truth is the truth, no matter if you believe it or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:50 pm
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei

I take it you will not be partaking in the painting contest then?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:03 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei

I take it you will not be partaking in the painting contest then?
Well, maybe. I need to finish up a favorite unit and take some Macro pictures to see if my new setup is better for picture taking.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff