Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Need motivation (> TT. TT)>

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bipolar Reality

5,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:03 pm
For working out, how do you guys keep at it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:03 am
I'm not too good at it, but I generally keep some kind of activity in my weekly schedule because a lot of the things I like to do are physical activity. For work outs, that's harder... I'm not as good at that.

Mostly, I know I have more energy in the morning. When I decide to do a work out, I generally have to get right on it otherwise I lose interest.

Find a way to hold yourself accountable. Perhaps join a group that does things in your area. I'm involved in a fire troupe, (I do stilting) so I have to practice somewhat during the week so that I can show improvement for my troupe leader.

You could check and see if there are SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) meets in your area, they often have loaner armour and groups often meet for fights weekly. It's a little geeky, but such great exercise.  

Tandahda
Crew

Bipolar Reality

5,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 am
Seraphsody
I'm not too good at it, but I generally keep some kind of activity in my weekly schedule because a lot of the things I like to do are physical activity. For work outs, that's harder... I'm not as good at that.

Mostly, I know I have more energy in the morning. When I decide to do a work out, I generally have to get right on it otherwise I lose interest.

Find a way to hold yourself accountable. Perhaps join a group that does things in your area. I'm involved in a fire troupe, (I do stilting) so I have to practice somewhat during the week so that I can show improvement for my troupe leader.

You could check and see if there are SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) meets in your area, they often have loaner armour and groups often meet for fights weekly. It's a little geeky, but such great exercise.

Well for other activities such as sports and such, I don't need to be motivated. It comes natural that I play with my all because, I'm naturally competitive. But you said something about fighting? Now that has sparked my interest, telll me more?
<3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:56 am
Heh. I thought you'd be interested. The SCA is a group of people who are generally pretty serious about their historical accuracy, but they're pretty fun. At least my local group is. Check this out and see if there's a contact for your area. http://www.sca.org/geography/

This guy's obviously being an a** hat, but that's the calibre of activity that can happen in a fight. (And this kind of behaviour isn't usually tolerated like that. In my local group the people there would be doing mean things to someone who acted like that.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5JaQq2Dakg

Basically it's moving quickly with anywhere from 15-30 lbs of armour on. Swords are usually made of Rattan wood wrapped in duct tape, and shields are more often than not wood with bike tires wrapped around the edges.

It's pretty cool, and you can meet some amazing people.  

Tandahda
Crew

Bipolar Reality

5,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:37 am
Seraphsody
Heh. I thought you'd be interested. The SCA is a group of people who are generally pretty serious about their historical accuracy, but they're pretty fun. At least my local group is. Check this out and see if there's a contact for your area. http://www.sca.org/geography/

This guy's obviously being an a** hat, but that's the calibre of activity that can happen in a fight. (And this kind of behaviour isn't usually tolerated like that. In my local group the people there would be doing mean things to someone who acted like that.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5JaQq2Dakg

Basically it's moving quickly with anywhere from 15-30 lbs of armour on. Swords are usually made of Rattan wood wrapped in duct tape, and shields are more often than not wood with bike tires wrapped around the edges.

It's pretty cool, and you can meet some amazing people.

surprised by historical accuracy do you mean, what kingdom they hail from? Hmm, armor isn't my style sadly, but putting that aside is it like anywhere in America?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 pm
There's lots in the states, http://www.sca.org/geography/

Go there to find out, (you'll have to scroll down a bit)  

Tandahda
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games