Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Females only - Period. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 pm
Lady Kayura
Are you the OP? Because if you are, this all makes a ton of sense. But if you aren't.. what if the OP isn't 28?

And there's a slight jump from ow my period hurts to omg the big C. There's a lot of other things that a painful period could be. You saying you don't want to hear someone's complaining just writes them off. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way but that came off as very rude.

The OP posted this thread because she needed to talk about it. Perhaps it's a good idea to not tell her 'no, don't talk about it because I don't think you should'.

The good thing is, as a person gets older, the hormones tend to settle down. I remember before the whole condition started that I use to get very heavy flows. My hormones, were just running over the place. Now that I'm older, things have settled down.

I'm not saying she doesn't have the right to b***h about how her periods are, I'm just reminding everyone that they should be thankful to get them on a regular basis.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:12 am
Hannah Yeager

The good thing is, as a person gets older, the hormones tend to settle down. I remember before the whole condition started that I use to get very heavy flows. My hormones, were just running over the place. Now that I'm older, things have settled down.

I'm not saying she doesn't have the right to b***h about how her periods are, I'm just reminding everyone that they should be thankful to get them on a regular basis.

Actually, you did say say you didn't want to hear anyone complain. There are better ways to say 'be thankful'. Perhaps next time, you can choose a better way. And if you don't want to hear someone complain, then you have the option to, you know, not post in their thread.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

rahna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:02 pm
Hannah Yeager
Sorry about my hiatus, but I'm back.

As for the cramping and menstrual cycle, just be glad you have it. Until I started losing weight and dropping sizes, I had always found it odd that I wasn't having a period. The longest I went without a period was three years.

Then I went to my doctor about losing weight and she asked me about my period problem. We (parents and I) later learned that my body was producing too much testosterone - which explains the chest hair I have between my breasts and my facial hair. Not only that, I have poly-cycstic overian syndrome. The third charmer, because I hadn't had a period in three years, I was running the risk of my uterine lining building up and developing uterine cancer.

The doctor's solution, birth control and losing weight. I've been on the birth control of years, and I'm finally having regular periods.

I don't want to hear anyone complain about their periods. It's either a period or a brush with uterine cancer. I'll take the period any day over uterine cancer.

P.S. - Don't even talk to me about being able to concieve children. It probably will never happen naturally with my condition. So it's either fertility treatments or adoption. crying

Um...oh wow. Okay, I'm very glad I have a period since it means my body's in healthy condition. And I'm kinda sorry I ever complained about the pain. I'm glad you're okay though, hearing about what could've happened was probably a really big scare. (It frightened me at least.)

And if you can't have a kid naturally, I say go with adoption. There's plenty of children out there who would love to have you for a Mom.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:32 am
Hannah Yeager
Sorry about my hiatus, but I'm back.

As for the cramping and menstrual cycle, just be glad you have it. Until I started losing weight and dropping sizes, I had always found it odd that I wasn't having a period. The longest I went without a period was three years.

Then I went to my doctor about losing weight and she asked me about my period problem. We (parents and I) later learned that my body was producing too much testosterone - which explains the chest hair I have between my breasts and my facial hair. Not only that, I have poly-cycstic overian syndrome. The third charmer, because I hadn't had a period in three years, I was running the risk of my uterine lining building up and developing uterine cancer.

The doctor's solution, birth control and losing weight. I've been on the birth control of years, and I'm finally having regular periods.

I don't want to hear anyone complain about their periods. It's either a period or a brush with uterine cancer. I'll take the period any day over uterine cancer.

P.S. - Don't even talk to me about being able to concieve children. It probably will never happen naturally with my condition. So it's either fertility treatments or adoption. crying

I am sorry to hear about this. I couldn't imagine going through that. Although, as I get older I do seem to have facial hair issues.

Anyways, my topic was in no way complaining. I was simply expressing how my period changed when I lost weight and to see if anyone else had gone through the same thing.

The pain only becam excrutiating after the weight loss which was not normal for me and was a cause for worry. I have had family members with cysts and their periods were horrible for them.  

squeakygirl

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

rahna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:40 pm
I normally don't work out the week of my period since it hurts so bad I can barely move. But yesterday, I did my workout anyway and the menstrual pain decreased. I guess I really should have seen it coming, my old PE teacher did insist that exercise relieved the pain. I'll make sure to do my sit-ups and squats all 4 weeks of the month now, as opposed to the previous 3. (Still taking medicine for the pain though. I think Excedrin is out of the question now. -sigh-)

And I want to thank whoever said that women who are more active have less pain. Cause they were right. ^___^ I ought to have tried this YEARS ago.)  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games