Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
I'm discouraged, I suck, and I need major help :|

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:33 pm
My stone heart was breaking...

So I've been trying to work on my paper drawing skills.... I've done a few oks, but... all of a sudden... i can't do ANYTHING right... ._.
And if I get something to look good, then add another person/thing to the drawing, I SCREW IT ALL UP!!!!
Then I tried going back to MS Paint... no good... I lost ALL ability on there too because of the time i spent with paper....

My dad says I've been getting better... but all I see is me getting worse... Dx
I've taken tutorials for every part I just can't do... no good... NOTHING IS WORKING FOR ME!!!
I feel like I was never meant to draw at all...
I mean... i can't draw a simple f*cking HAND!!! I can't even get 2 eyes even or anything...

Suure, I can take an art class...... NEXT YEAR!!! No, not even next year... I'm in home school, and i have over 40 days left of it... and then next year will be my last year of high school... and I'm taking a foreign language instead of art.. but I still get art anyway.. though it teaches me nothing but history on the art i'm gonna be doing for the lesson! and most of what i do is out of clay or paper...

And with my skill in art, the criticism is even harder.... it only discourages me more... I hate it >_<

Seriously.. Wanna see the list of things I can't draw/do?

1. Hands
2. Feet
3. Bodies
4. Hair
5. Legs
6. Positions other than standing
7. Noses
8. Shading
9. Clothes
10. Guys (they always turn out so feminine.. :l)
11. Heads
13. Anything with shine
14. Backgrounds
15. Any kind of textures
16. Curls
17. Ears
18. Anything with symmetry
19. Anything with lots of detail
And tons, tons more I can't even think of them...

And when my dad said i was getting better or i can draw good... i think he was just being like a normal dad and always saying everything i do is good...

:l

...My love ran away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:38 am
its happened to me before.
just step back and take a break... or maybe not try to hard.
and is there anyway we can see examples from previous work to present work?

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:26 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
its happened to me before.
just step back and take a break... or maybe not try to hard.
and is there anyway we can see examples from previous work to present work?

My stone heart was breaking...

I think taking a break will worsen it since taking a break from Paint made me worse at that..
And not trying... well.. i'm trying to reach new levels and actually get better.. and if i don't try hard enough, it'll never come out the way I'd want it to.

Something old
New
I don't have anything old on paper, so yeah sweatdrop

...My love ran away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 pm
See that list of "stuff you cant draw" you made?

Take a good look at it.

...and draw each of them a hundred times. When you do that, draw them a hundred more times.

One must never be satisfied with where they are skill-wise. It's a good thing if you see that you need to improve on lots of things; it shows that you're not ignorant and think you're the best.

If you want to take art seriously, (like, more than a hobby?) then you should be spending hours a day drawing. No great artist is at their level without painful years of practice. Keep at it, you'll get there eventually.  

Quvi

Quvi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:17 pm
Also, this guild is here to help, so don't be afraid to post things for us to look at! Post your works and we'll help you out 3nodding  
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games