Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Healthy Peanut Butter

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

squeakygirl

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:10 pm
So, today I went to the mall with my mom and nephew. We then dined at CiCi's pizza - salad and a few slices, not too bad. I then wanted ice cream and knew of a place that serves low fat / low sugar ice cream. It was yummy!!!

Anways, they have a product which called PB2 (with or without chocolate). It is powdered and you mix it with water to have peanut butter. I am thinking of ordering it or buying it from the place I visited today.

The process in which it is made removes 85% of the fat calories. Interested yet? Here's a link: PB2  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:17 am
I like to use unsweetned preservative free regular peanut butter.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

freelance lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 am
According to my very favorite Cook This, Not That cookbooks, even though peanut butter hasa lot of fat in it, it's all healthy fat provided you stick with all natural organic. It's still has calories in it, sure, but when you consider how long it will keep you full and all the protein and stuff in there as well, I don't mind indulging from time to time. My favorite is Smuckers, but they make really good generics now too. As long as the ingredient list is like, "Peanuts" with maybe salt or oil, I'm game.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 pm
I've run across PB2 products before and I'll admit I'm kind of curious just because powdered peanut butter would make for easier mixing into smoothies than actual peanut butter, but it's also a HIGHLY refined product.

A lot of people put too strict a limit on fat when they're dieting. Fat's not the enemy--we NEED it. It helps with vitamin absorption and helps keep you feeling full and satisfied. Your body's natural mechanism for telling your brain it's full actually involves detecting fat intake.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:09 pm
A surgeon took away my gallbladder, and now eating peanut butter makes me sick sweatdrop

What is worse, is that even peanut sauces (like in Thai cuisine) make me sick too! crying

Luckily I can still have the occasional peanut butter flavored candy or cookie.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:45 am
Sidhe Fleshmonster
A surgeon took away my gallbladder, and now eating peanut butter makes me sick sweatdrop

What is worse, is that even peanut sauces (like in Thai cuisine) make me sick too! crying

So sorry to hear this. I would be so devastated. I love peanut butter!  

squeakygirl

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:34 pm
Sidhe Fleshmonster

Do other nuts and nut butter bother you like peanut butter? If not, I think Alton Brown on Food Network has a mock peanut sauce recipe that's actually peanut-free. Wouldn't be exactly the same, but it might let you enjoy Thai food a bit more.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:41 pm
Munkers
Sidhe Fleshmonster

Do other nuts and nut butter bother you like peanut butter? If not, I think Alton Brown on Food Network has a mock peanut sauce recipe that's actually peanut-free. Wouldn't be exactly the same, but it might let you enjoy Thai food a bit more.

I heart Alton Brown!!! Almonds seem okay thus far...so it might just be peanuts. I will have to check this out. Thanks for the tip smile  

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games