Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hikasita

Friendly Cutie-Pie

6,450 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:07 pm
Hi, I open this topic to give information.
If you're interested in buying a nendoroid of miku or any of the vocaloid characters, you use to search for them in your local shops, them use to cost there like 45 euros, roundly 65 usd. Then you go to ebay, and them are more or less for the same price.
The thing is that sometimes, or I've to say for experience that MOST OF THE TIMES, when you think you're buying an original nendoroid you will notice (or maybe not) that you have purchased a false replica.
I've to say that nendoroid replicas are so well done that you don't apreciate any mistakes, maybe 1 but no more. The thing is that you're local shops sell you replicas telling you and asking the original japanese price so, if you are getting a false replica, why not get it for the original price?
I have a little cousin of 9 years old who love vocaloid characters, and she wanted nendoroids, when I started to search for the nendoroids I found a website talking about mistakes on replicas not noticeables for people if they don't look for it for a long time, some mistakes where that one of the hair of the doll where in the other side.
Anyways, the thing is that if a replica cost 10 usd more or less, why we pay 45 euros-65 usd?
So I recommend to search vocaloid nendoroids in taobao.com as you will never know when are you purchasing a false one, I provide you the site where you can buy them cheap as your local shop do.

If you need tips about how to buy there tell me.
Prices are listed in chinesse yuans, not japanese yens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:11 pm
Personally, I don't think Taobao is that reliable a source? It's very similar in nature to ebay, and they are quite well-known for bootlegs.

I still think it's best to preorder from Good Smile Company if you can, else only trust notable local sellers. Also it's good to run a search online for guides to spotting fakes, they are usually very accurate. I spotted a fake nendoroid in person myself today, if I hadn't known better to take a closer look I might've bought it, but thanks to the guides I read I learned to look at the small details and noticed the errors - lack of proper detail on the figure such as the hands, lousier quality, mistakes in printing and so on.  

m ewlings

♪ 06 ♬ Shops ♪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff