Welcome to Gaia! ::

► Pray For Japan ◄

Back to Guilds

A place to express your thoughts on the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami. 

Tags: Japan, Earthquake, Support, Disaster, Tsunami 

Reply ► Pray For Japan ◄
Please only post if you have a good point.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate me?
  Yes
  WTH is your problem
View Results

ll SOY ll

3,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm
First of all, i agree what happened to japan is a great tragedy. The making of this guild is pointless, how much have you raised? Why do you love Japan? are you Japanese? If you are then i am sorry for your people, If you are not, you are a selfish b*****d, why? simple making this thread really does not help at all. Most of the people here only worry about Japan simply because of manga,anime, which tells you everything, they know nothing of the culture and they know nothing about pretty much anything from japan, al they know Japan for is Naruto, or any other anime. so why don't you stop with this farce and atleast try to do something. Encourage your members to donate to the red cross instead of wasting in gaia. BTW I'm one of you guys i know not much about Japan but atleast im not a hypocrite who comes here to support something simply because you love their cartoons.

You do not have to but if you can, Donate to the red cross-https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052&idb=0  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 pm
well, i discovered anime/manga a couple years ago, not really thinking on the history and culture of it... then I really got into it and Japan's other cultures like food, clothing, art, music...i really do like Japan, and not just for the anime and manga. I really feel bad for the people who have been through the disaster in Japan, because they are people too, and they have families and loved ones that they might never see again. I agree that whoever likes Japan only for the anime and manga, are really selfish. Theres much much more to Japan than that..  

TheCassMeow

Fashionable Nerd

7,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Toxicbtch

6,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:11 pm
Other trustworthy sites that provide support...

Unicef:

http://www.supportunicef.org/site/pp.asp?c=9fLEJSOALpE&b=1023561

(If you're donating, make sure you are searching 'Japan' and donating there. Also, take note that there are charities for both tsunami and earthquake to support children.)

International Medical Corps:

http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org/

(Properly, read and know what the donation is being used for and where you are donating. There are obviously other places that need the money as well but in this case, you will want to donate to Japan.)  
► Pray For Japan ◄

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games