Beauty and the Beast [1x1/closed]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Babomb-Dot-Com

Romantic Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:44 am
User ImageOnce upon a time there was a selfish family who had been blessed with vast wealth, charming looks, and anything they could ever desire. Their greed; however, was their downfall. Once frigid winter's night, an old beggar woman came calling, begging for shelter. Aghast by her appearance, the lord of the castle ordered her off his grounds.

The beggar transformed, revealing herself as a beautiful enchantress resembling a beautiful woman. Although the lord and lady begged for her mercy, the enchantress saw the coldness in their hearts and as punishment, placed a horrible spell upon their only child, Prince Adam, and the future lord of their castle. He was transformed into a hideous beast until a person could learn to overcome and love him for what he was--a Beast.

Furious, his parents banished him away to a hidden castle where he lived out his miserable life. Attended by invisible servants whom only he could understand. Until he could earn the love of a willing person and he could truly love that person in return, Adam would remain a beast for all time...

~♥♦♥♦♥~

Many years later, an elderly merchant who had taken refuge from a storm in his castle was taken captive by the beast, who was ashamed someone had seen his appearance. When the man pleaded with him, the Beast asked one thing from him in exchange for his safe return home--his youngest daughter who was called Beauty. The man resisted but the Beast warned him that if he did not bring him his daughter in a week's time, he would come for him instead. He sent the man away with gifts for his daughters and waited for him to produce his child...

User Image

Requirements:
♥ Follow all Gaia Rules/ToS and It's a Girl Thing rules!
♥ Please, I am looking for a semi-literate - literate partner. I believe in quality over quantity and can easily post 2 good paragraphs but I am much more likely to type out several in the beginning. I scare people off this way. So be warned that I will have a lot to type at first...
♥ I am a hopeless romantic and absolutely adore a good fairytale. This shouldn't be the Disney picnic (<3) but I do believe this tale comes with a lot of trust and companionship between the Beast and the Beauty and that companionship does lead to a deep love. So, what I am trying to say is--be patient, the love will come but until then stay calm.
♥ I am willing to play either character. (My preference is Beauty, though, I find the Beast to be a very intriguing challenge for me to try, too.)
♥The Beast doesn't have to be the Disney Beast or the one in the picture in this post. Personally my Beast looks very different in my mind! So, don't be afraid to make him your own creation--personality included!
♥ I have 2 jobs and am a full time student. I won't be on every day. I will try to post 5 times a week minimum. I don't expect any more than 3 from you.
♥ If you decide this is not the roleplay for you. Please don't ditch. We can talk about fixing up the roleplay or we can part ways. Either way, I don't bit. Please do what I would do for you and send a PM.
♥ Be creative. We don't have to pretty up our posts or anything. But add a little color and have fun with your character.
♥ If you have an idea/suggestion please let me know! I love to hear your feedback and work with whoever my partner in crime is! I'm nice, I promise!

||Art is credited to ethe on DeviantArt.||

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:45 am
We are open for business!
*cuts ribbon*

Luck bump!

Babomb-Dot-Com

Romantic Poster

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:07 pm
Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite fairy-tales! Particularly the Brothers Grimm version. <3

I would love, love to try out this roleplay. I assume it's 1x1, yes? =)

I would also love to try out The Beast. He's quite the intriguing character indeed, and I generally play men anyhow.

Is there any sort of form or profile skeleton you'd like filled out..?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm
Thank you! No skeleton is needed as we both are familiar with the characters. While I haven't read the Brothers Grimm version, I know of it and would love to try that darker aspect of it as well. I am very familiar with Robin McKinley, so I will try to incorporate a little of that as well. It is a 1x1.

Would you like me to begin. I have an introductory post already written up for Beauty. smile

Babomb-Dot-Com

Romantic Poster

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:21 pm
The Brothers Grimm version is actually quite light and happy. =) The original French tales are quite a bit darker, though.
I'll try to blend The Beast from the Grimms to that of Robin McKinley and Disney, and of course the folk tales.

That'd be fine. I'm leaving for prom dress shoppin' soon, though, so I might only be able to post once or twice today..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 pm
||Not a problem! Have fun shopping! I miss going to the prom!!! I am going to work soon, myself! Don't be scared off by my opening post! 4laugh ||

It was nearly nightfall before Belle even reached the castle. She was exhausted, though she had only traveled with very little. She had traveled with her father and would send him home with her horse, who she would sadly no longer need for travel. Her father dismounted his own and held out his arms to her. She embraced him a final time before tearfully walking into the gates of her grand new home. It was a very sad departure, to leave her father, though he had her sister and her brother-in-law to care for him... She carried with her only a few things. Her only other set of clothing, a plain black dress, that looked similar to a maid's and a curious ring that had been in her father's saddle bag when the Beast had send him off running. The ring was gold, with a Griffin holding a ruby in his jaws.

She supposed it was a symbol of the power of the Beast who dwelled in this place. Feeling very weak, tired, and utterly powerless, Bella made her way as sturdily as she could to the magnificent castle doors. Like the gates which she had just passed by, the grand doors opened, beckoning her inside. There was not a trace of a servant or the Beast when she entered. Walking inside cautiously, she looked around, wondering what horrors this place might hold for her. Proceeding to the grand staircase, she ascended, feeling what seemed to be an impulse that lead her this way. There were a few paths to choose from and she certainly couldn't remember which way she took before she arrived at a room with a closed door. The golden plaque on it read "Beauty" her name had been translated from French to English. One familiar thing from the past for her. Everyone called her Beauty.

The door opened without her command and she walked inside, nearly dropping her spare dress to the floor. This place was at least as large as her brother in law's two-roomed home. The floors were made of a dark, rich cherry wood, with an emerald and golden rug, that matched her eyes almost exactly. The enormous four poster bed was an ivory with gold trim, with gold cloth hanging from post to post and cascading heavily onto the floor. The bed covers themselves were in white and gold fleur de lis with golden trim, while many pillows ranged in colors from ruby, emerald, golden, silver, and creme, and a few with creme and gold stripes. The enormous vanity was of the same color as the bed; however, she found there was no mirror above it. An amoire of the same caliber claimed it's place nearby. There was also a deep cherry desk in the same color as the floor, as well as a window with a sitting area for when she wanted to look outside. A lovely Ruby curtain hung dutifully out of it's way.

As she crossed the room, she entered the bathroom area, finding it large as well. The floor was ivory and gold marble, with a very large claw-footed bath tub and the other usual necessities. Deciding to clean up a bit before presenting herself, she removed her clothes and stepped into the hot water, which seemed to have been drawn for her upon her arrival. She took her time getting presentable for the Beast, after all, he was taking up her time for the rest of her life, she could make him wait all she wanted. There was nothing more he could take. After her long, leisurely soak, Belle opened the armoire, without even getting a look, she felt herself tugged and pulled and sewn into a grand dress fit for a queen. She did not complain, after all the dress was lovely, far lovelier than herself and she was sure she did the beautiful red gown no justice but she couldn't really get it off without ruining it now. Her hair was now being tugged her face painted, and she let out a huffy sigh.

"Whoever you are, I can do things for myself, thank you!" She shouted indignantly. A necklace similar to her Griffin ring was placed around her neck and she was all but shoved out the door by the same very determined gust of wind. Once again some sort of intuition led her back down the stairs and into a large grand hall with a dining table piled high with foods she'd never even seen or heard of. It was here she met the Beast.

Babomb-Dot-Com

Romantic Poster

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 am
{{sorry that I took so darn long Dx stuff came up...}}

The Beast sauntered through a desolate dark hallway, his claws scraping the dank cobblestone. This hallway, he recalled, was once filled with warmth and light. Servants had bustled throughout its portrait-lined walls, gossiping as they carried out their many duties. Now it remained empty and lifeless with only the occasional glimmer of an invisible and silent maid passing by, sweeping passively at the dust and cobwebs that lined the shadows.

A long, long time ago The Beast, christened Adame Girard D'Aramitz, was abandoned upon the doorstep of a grand castle. The widowed—and very rich—Duchess of a small agricultural province found him while on a stroll in the early morning hours. Taken by his fair beauty and imploring blue eyes, she adopted the little orphan. Though the Duchess was quite sociable and influential throughout the Kingdom—many a wealthy courtier would visit the castle for weeks at a time, as her good opinion was highly coveted— Adame was quiet and bookish, preferring to tend to his rose garden over the nightly grand feasts and balls. Still, he grew to be a handsome man and fell under the affections of many a woman, though he was very ignorant of this. While the men of the castle were out hunting and drinking their nights away at inns, Adame preferred the company of elegant and intellectual women. His so-called effeminate ways were widely mocked. Even so, no man in their right mind would outright mock him, as his adoptive mother was very much overly-protective and his personal servant, Maurice, was some odd two heads taller than the average. Therefore, Adame was ignorant of the scorn garnered by his compassion towards the poor and desolate. He was, of course, equally ignorant that his insistence on charity and good works would somehow bring about a horrid curse upon the entire castle.

One dark and stormy night, the gallant courtier men played a cruel prank on Adame’s twenty-first year celebration. Jealous of his good looks and abundant wealth—despite not being of noble blood—their vain and foul-tempered leader, Denis, adorned a ratty wig and filthy peasant garb. Hunched over and leaning on a crooked stick, he pounded on the great castle doors. Adame, appearing only slightly taken aback, offered the “haggard old woman” shelter from the storm. Denis, rain dripping off the warted tip of his phony nose, was only too happy to oblige. Adame guided the elderly woman to the smoldering fire place and fetched a warm blanket. Whilst croaking a ‘thank you, kind young one’ Denis discreetly made a sign with his forefingers. Out of the shadows five masked men appeared and grasped a bewildered Adame by the crook of each arm, hauling him out into the storm. The anguished cries within his rose garden went unheard by the party-goers within.

Hours passed by before Adame could struggle to his feet. Silently he limped to the great gates, thankfully unlocked, and slumped to the ground. The courtiers slept soundly in their beds, blissfully unaware that the very man whom they were supposedly celebrating lay bleeding on the white marble floor. The knock that resounded was heard only by Adame, who flinched but otherwise did not move. Again, thrice, a fist lightly pounded on the doors. Adame wearily grasped the golden handles and pulled himself up once more. The doors gradually creaked open under his weight and before him stood yet another haggard old woman. Exasperated, Adame turned to leave, but she caught him by the cuff of his tattered sleeve. Obviously quite blind, as black cloth was wrapped about her eyes, she begged him for mercy from the storm, for a warm fire to lay by and a soft bed to sleep upon. Adame furiously denied her this, demanding why she thought him so stupid to allow himself to be fooled once more. In a fit of rage, the old woman bitterly revealed his hidden past—he was her child, the illegitimate son of a Lord from another Kingdom, who, upon finding that she was a ‘witch’ demanded that she and their son be put to death. Having narrowly escaped their execution, though her eyes had been gouged out in the proceeding torture, she abandoned him under the safety of a widowed and kindly Duchess, whom she knew could not bear her own children. The hag was then encased in bright light that faded to reveal a sorceress of the same fair beauty as the son who stood quivering before her, though her blue eyes were still covered with the now-golden cloth. Adame tried in earnest to explain his mistake but his mother, her face twisted, would not listen. Believing Adame to be a vain and selfish child, she cursed him with a monstrous face not even a mother could love. The sorceress went out into the storm, disappearing as Adame fainted from the unbearable pain.

Adame could not find his servants in the morning. Voices filled the air but only a soft glimmer accompanied them. At first the tones were conversational but then turned to panic as they realized only they could see each other, and that none could understand them. Then more panic ensued amongst the courtiers, whose hangovers passed by mid-afternoon, that ran screaming as they witnessed the massive creature wondering through the castle, attempting to speak in a garbled language that seemed demonic. Adame cried to his adoptive mother, tried to make her understand, but even she could not. She abandoned the castle with the rest of the courtiers whilst the servants attempted the same, though they could not leave the likewise invisible boundary that served as a prison for both them and Adame.

Adame could not comprehend their terror. He felt the same, really, until he spotted his reflection. Horrified, he then understood—the monster in that mirror was him. Appalled, he hid in the far left corridor of the palace for what seemed like months until, finally, he heard the voices of strange men, brash and languid. They claimed that the vicious monster within the castle was only a rumor caused by excessive drinking and sweets. Adame rushed to meet them, to send them some sort of message or anything that would convince them of his innocence. The man in front was none other than Denis. Rage, unlike any he had felt before, overtook Adame —this was the cause of his curse, this horrible excuse for a human being. Blinded by that rage, Adame lunged at the men. Screaming, ripping, bones broken…red. Adame was not consciously aware of his actions until the silenced men were under the rose garden.

The Beast had resided in that abandoned castle for an entire century. The nearby province had grown from a small farming community to a mid-sized village. The villagers, however, rarely approached the castle, as they were, in general, a superstitious bunch and believed it to be haunted. It may well have been, what with the disembodied voices floating along the halls and the piano keys that occasionally seemed to play themselves. The Beast remained ageless but grew as bitter as an old man. The unloved Beast began to despise humanity and all its corrupted ways. Initially he had found the enchanted mirror his wretched mother had left him a comfort—it showed him life outside the castle, but truly it was a cursed thing. It reminded him of the twisted corruption that is civilization. Love is so fickle compared to hate. Hate forever resides within the human condition while love has to be cultivated and earned. He hated all of them—those disgusting beings, yet craved their love and acceptance. Though he denied it to himself every single long day, The Beast was horribly, terribly alone.

The Beast entered the grand and quiet hall and sat at the head of a table that had once held many a lively feast. Glimmers brought platters and platters of excessive foods—it was as if they were preparing to feed an army of courtier woman, not some village girl. The Beast frowned but did not comment, as he alone could devour a good portion of the piles and piles of food. One of the glimmers, distinctively larger in shape, approached him without a sliver of hesitation. “She will arrive shortly, monsieur.” Maurice announced in broken French, his distinct Hungarian accent echoing throughout the empty hall. Very much a strong silent type, the manservant was not frightened by The Beast’s appearance nor his ferocious demeanor. If not for Maurice, The Beast may have been completely consumed by insanity.

The Beast took a deep breath as the girl entered. "Welcome," he greeted in a deep booming voice, his gleaming crimson eyes glancing from the necklace (its twin lay under the frills of his jabot) adorning her bosom to the soft features of her young face. Surely her father’s claim of her beauty was no lie, yet that striking appearance stirred a sort of malicious remorse within him rather than admiration or lust. Still, he stood out of a genteel habit. Doing so exposed the massive form of at least three men’s height; his fine attire barely contained the beastly muscles rippling underneath. He stepped cautiously forward—even if she ran, the pendant round her fragile neck confined her to the castle grounds.

{{oh, and the necklace makes it easier for the beast and the servants to communicate with humans, by the by, if that wasn't clear..)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:22 pm
||Got it! wink ||

Belle took a moment, trying not to scream. She squeezed her eyes shut and sucked in a breath. It didn't matter how silly this beast thought she looked, for he himself looked far stranger than any face she could make to prevent an outburst. You're fine. You're fine. He won't eat you...Dear God who am I kidding?! Of course he will! Her face relaxed and she opened one eye, peeking gingerly at the beast across the room, who was waiting patiently by his seat for her to sit. Her breath was quick and shallow and the poor girl was quite sure her perspiration was visible. Swallowing hard, she forced herself to sit, trying not to stare at the beast, for as horrifying as he was, he was also curious to have imposed such manners. This was, after all, the very same beast who had told her father he would be his prisoner if he did not send his daughter.

Being a girl who had once come from great wealth, Belle was accustomed to which silverware to use and dinner appropriations. Rather than staring at the beasts face, the brunette took a moment to steady herself enough to stare at his breastbone. "Th-thank you." She managed. What could she say to him? He was terrifying! What was she even saying "thank you" for?Thanks for not eating my father! I'm much leaner but I'm sure I'd be better for you, anyway! Her brow furrowed involuntarily. Despite the vast array of food before her, she was not hungry and she was not feeling so bold as she had been before she met the beast. Who was she kidding, anyway? She was no heroine like the women in the novels she enjoyed! Curiously, she allowed her eyes to look a little further up, at the beasts snout. It was by far the most fearsome thing about him but what was the most horrible thing about him was his human eyes. Why did the monster have to have human eyes and human mannerisms?

Her brow arched in curiosity as she unknowingly relaxed a little and studied the Beast's features. "W-What may I call you?" She asked. Did he have a name? He was certainly fluent in French. Belle's green eyes averted away from his and down at her plate. It was impolite to stare and he was really something to stare at...horrifying but curious.

Babomb-Dot-Com

Romantic Poster

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:40 pm
{{I am so, so sorry for taking so long! Dx can we move this to PM? My brain has trouble keeping track of stuff going on without updates...}}

The Beast smirked at the girl, amused. "You may call me as the villagers do, a monstrosity among men, a horrific fairy tale within their bland reality. The so-called ghosts of this wretched estate, however, are inclined to address me by my title, Monsieur D'Aramitz, or Monsieur Adame Girard D'Aramitz in moments of great importance. However, you are free to dub me as you wish." The Beast, or Adame, concealed a sardonic smile under a rather large silk cloth. He gestured to the silver platters before them. "It is not my custom to say grace before each meal, but if you feel so inclined.." The Beast unceremoniously dug into the food. Though his speech was that of a gentleman, his general table manners were not. Maurice, the glimmer standing nearby, cleared his throat and would be smiling apologetically at Belle, if she could see him.

Between massive bites that would have been an entire portion for one man, The Beast asked, "What may I call you, then? Your father spoke of you, claimed that precious stole rose was meant for his daughter, Belle. A beauty. Is this your given name, girl?" His own name was a French variation (the second "A" pronounced significantly stronger, as in "gate" rather than "apple") of the Biblical "Adam." It was an ironic epithet, he thought, as Adam was a humane figure created by God. Adame was certainly no man under God -- a b*****d son of a sorceress (researching her dubious history had revealed him as only half-human, unable to master a power strong enough to break her spell) eternally cursed as a demonic creature. That being said, Adame did not believe in the acclaimed influence of christened names, though he was unaware of his original title.

03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games