Adoption for Whisper? Closed. :3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aniira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:14 pm
I Can Haz a Parent Pleez?

Hi there! This thread is a place for me to see what kind of adoptive parent/parents my wittle babeh Whisper could have. If you're interested, just scroll down a bit to see what I'm looking for. However, if your Soquili doesn't fit my preferences or you have a different plot in mind, don't be afraid to ask! I'm usually open to a lot more than what I specifically say. :3

The little basket:
User Image

The story so far:
Not much, really. This basket was left inconspicuously alone in a small forest clearing, at the bank of a quiet and peaceful stream. It's not known why, but by the peaceful scene about it, there hasn't seemed to have been a fight or struggle. Perhaps the parents accidentally left it there... perhaps the place was their home, and they were attacked while away... or perhaps the basket was left there for a purpose. Perhaps it was meant to be found, to be cared for and turned into something great... Whatever the reason, little Whisper is now alone and needs a caring family to take her in!

Personality wise:
She's meant to be compassionate, calm, and serene. I want her to grow up to be an emotional healer. She won't heal physical wounds, but will be able to heal the hearts of those who have lost or are hurting. She'll never be angered, and will seem very quiet, but in fact will be very intelligent. Her name actually comes from her calmness and quietness.

What I'm looking for:

♥ Preferably one parent, but can be a couple. Usdia or regular is fine, it doesn't really matter. However, I do not want her to have an evil Soquili as a parent, so Kalonas probably won't be accepted.

♥ This Soquili can be young, old, or in between, but it'd be cool if they don't have any previous children. It's fine if they do, but I think it'd be more interesting if this was their first child.

♥ The parent/parents must be kind and patient. They must be able to teach Whisper the ways of right and wrong, and how to respect nature and those who live in it. She'll need to be taught to have an open mind and to find no faults in others, or at least not to criticize them for their faults. I'd pretty much just like someone who can teach her to be peaceful and compassionate.

♥ And they'll need to teach her that her size doesn't make her inferior. Whisper is actually even small for an Usdia, so it's her personality that'll matter in the future!

Err... I think that's all for now. x'D

The process:
Just post in this thread the potential parent/s and explain their personality and how they'd interact with Whisper, and anything else you'd like to add. I'm not going to accept until I see something that I really like or that would fit her perfectly, and if I don't pick your Soquili, please don't be disappointed. This is just my little baby and I want her to have a happy life. x'D
But feel free to suggest things and ask questions if needed! <3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:30 pm
User Image

I'd like to offer Tranquility. She's a shrine maiden at a shrine in the mountains. She's very calm, and actually does work with other horses in terms of issue they might have, and talking with them/helping them in any way she can. She lives a life of giving, and takes very little. So she would be able to teach Whisper right and wrong, and how to be calm and patient herself. Tranquility's life style is very relaxed and slow moving. She currently does not have a mate, but there is a possible one for the future. (Silent's Maramu). Also being a shrine maiden the mare has a very simple life, and it would be easy for Whisper to find her 'meaning' with this life style.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:47 pm
User Image

I'd like to offer Haukea. She needs more development as she's one of my newest Soq. She's a very placid mare, even tempered and sweet. A pleasant and friendly mare, there's not much that ruffles her feathers. She's a genuinely placid girl that doesn't let much get to her. She's not vapid by any means. She does get angry if you push her enough, she just doesn't really show it outwardly preferring to give another Soq the silent treatment if they upset her. She's mated to my boyfriend's uni stallion Kernel and is happily devoted to him. She's a sucker for babies though. She'll coo and act like a fool just to see them smile. Haukea doesn't have any foals of her own just yet so some experience would do her good.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:41 pm
User Image

Uhra is a very quiet, calm female. She spends her days wondering around, and her nights near the tribes, sleeping. She has had little interaction with other Soquili, and longs to have a family. She doesn't have a mate, or any children. The only hope she's really had recently is to have a family that she can care for.

I think with Whisper, she'd be the guiding mother type. Trying her hardest to keep her safe, and at the same time teach her. She'd be soft spoken, and affectionate. And more than likely one of the happiest Usdia's around because she'd finally have a child she could raise.

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:44 pm
User Image

Chev doesn't completely fit - he has one older daughter and one adopted alicorn daughter but he's also just about to become a grandfather (which you already know) and the addition of another basket into the mix might be somewhat fun.

Chev is a big soul in a little body type of soq and while he used to be a bit of a ladies man he's settle down allot since Syn was born and Mercy was adopted. He's a do-gooder little white knight sort of fellow now.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:43 pm
User Image

I would like to offer Rin to be the adoptive mother; she is kind, compassionate, and will do anything for those she loves or those who need her help. Rin is a warrior, who will use her skills to protect the innocent and defeat those who would cause her or her loved ones harm. She has lived a long life with her heart belonging to a stallion who she loves, but rarely gets the chance to see. Although, she has no children of her own, for it has been years since she has laid eye upon her love. Rin has seen many wonders and many horrors throughout her years and knows that good will triumph over evil, for she has seen it constantly take place in other’s battles and even the ones that take place inside herself.

Rin has a strong connection to an ancient tree known as Yggdrasil, and has found herself to be its guardian and protector; having this connection, she would teach Whisper the way of the ancients and that every life on earth is sacred.

Thalea

Devoted Mage

Aniira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm
Thanks for the interest so far guys! These are some awesome entrants, and I have my eye on a couple but I think I'll wait a little longer to see. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:01 pm
User Image

I would like to offer Avalee for this plot :3 She is not the ideal mother type- at least not yet- and has no desire to settle down right now. This is part of why this plot would be ideal- in Whisper finding a mother, Avalee finds the prospect of having a family of her own become more and more appealing. She is kind and compassionate, though sometimes rather distant. Unfortunately, at times she prefers to daydream rather than live in reality- this would be another reason to keep her head in the real world. She would love and care for the foal that was born for the basket, learning along the way to be a mother, and in the process, more attentive and affectionate. She is soft spoken, rather poetic, and the first pacifist to be born of her family line.  

Kyaishi
Crew

Eloquent Lunatic

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:35 pm
User Image I'd like to offer Shilo up as an adopter. He's big and goofy looking but deep down he's a gentle giant. He prefers to help others see that they're not as horrible as they believe themselves to be having been born into a family where his father left when he was a foal and his mother just really saw him as a horrible reminder of what she believed to be a pathetic stallion. Shilo's kind, calm loyal through and through and loves to cheer others up, make them laugh. While he did just have a couple of baskets of his own ICly he doesn't even know the mare's pregnant. He wouldn't just leave a little one alone to be abandoned but would agree to helping her find her real parents if she so chose to do so. I think it's be a real test of his compassionate ways to have him adopt such a little one even though he's SO big. it also sorta falls into play with a plot i have for him in my plot thread  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:12 pm
I'd like to offer a "couple" to adopt Whisper~ :3
User ImageUser Image
I say "couple" because at the moment they're in serious denial about their feelings for each other. Which is part of the reason I think this little basket could help them as much as they could possibly help her. Mar's socially awkward and not very talkitive but he's got an abundance of patience (considering what he has to put up with form Celeste) and is a pretty nice guy once you get to know him. Celeste, on the other hand, can be a bit abrasive and quite difficult to get along with, though when it comes to foals she adopts a softer, more motherly nature (something she'd never admit to). She'd probably pick up her personality more from Mar, since he's the calmer of the two and rarely gets angry. But Celeste is a bit protective of those she holds dear and would encourage a more peaceful personality so that Whisper could hopefully avoid violence.

They'd definitely be able to teach her to accept others with their faults and all since Mar was rejected from his heard because he didn't act like a "true" kelpi and Celeste was kicked out of her own for interacting with humans (plus she can't fly due to a fear of heights). And size certainly doesn't matter to them considering Mar's huge and Celeste is quite a bit shorter than the average Soq. While both of them would still be bigger than Whisper, I think they'd be able to show her that it's her personality that truly counts.

And the two of them have some emotional scars that they tend to keep bottled up, which could possibly start Whisper on her path to being an emotional healer. She could help them to open up a bit and not be so secretive about their feelings, which in turn could possibly help them realize how they feel about each other. I just think there's a lot of room for all three of them to grow in this plot~  

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

Honeybii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 am
User Image

I'd like to take a crack at this and offer my new girl, Calypso. She's a very idealistic mother figure and unattached where stallions are concerned. While I'm still a bit new to Soq, I think that this would definitely be a good starting point as far as Calypso's plots go. She is still young and learning about the world around her and contains a bit of the youthfulness from her childhood. She is a very down to earth and intuitive mare as well as gentle and charming. She specializes in the nurturing of living things whether they be animal or plant. She's very good at advice and has an understanding ear. Further along in her life I plan for her to become a counselor of sorts in her herd, though not at the level you want your foal to be at.

Unfortunately my teepee is still in the works, but you can check out a more expanded word list of Calypso's personality here.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:47 am
Alright, so it was really hard to look at all these and just choose one, but I think I'm going to go ahead and have Tranquility adopt the basket. The fact that she's a shrine maiden and already lives a life of giving is almost perfectly ideal for Whisper. I think she'll learn many giving things from a shrine maiden, including how to heal others and live a life of simplicity.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to offer your ponies! <333

Aniira

Chat and Plot Zone

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces