Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Josephine Jo

6,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 am
Back when I was still in school, yeah, there were a couple of cliques. Religious folks, soccer folks, popular folks, nerds, goths, emo's, anime fans.

I have to say though that I've always been accepted into any group for a casual conversation as long as I saw them as people, rather than the label attached to them. While I could be labeled more as a nerd/anime fan, and while I didn't share many interests with them, the popular kids especially had a fondness in my heart.

I think the thing is that they have a very different way of verbalisation, on top of different interests. With the popular girls, I'd usually discuss things like relationships, make-up, personal hygiene, vacations, birthdays, social stuff. With Anime fans, it'd be anime, cosplay and manga, with nerds (in the broad term) it'd be laptops, games, light shows, events.

From what I gathered, the popular girls I talked with had a meaner way of wording things to draw immediate attention to things ('I think you sprung a leak' when someone has fluff or dirt on their bum, 'do you have mange or something' for severe dandruff), and that most of them felt that you shouldn't trust people too much because others could always stab you in the back.

Ironically enough, it was in my Anime fan group that I got backstabbed bad, while that one was all 'no you can trust everyone with everything as long as we love the same stuff'.

...So yeah, I like cliques, they're good for finding people with similar interests, and I don't believe people should judge others just because of the clique they're in.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:19 pm
I was kind of indifferent to cliques because I had random select friends from some, but I never belonged to them myself.
At my high school, there was: The smart, 'going to good colleges' honor roll kids (that weren't nerds/geeky) that were typcically preppy and on the student council
-The band kids
-The choir kids (they were usually smart as well)
-The theater kids (they were a mesh of band/choir kids as well as just theater kids)
-The hipsters
-The artsy photograhper kids (some of these are hispters)
-The emo/scene kids
-The jocks
-The culinary kids
-The typical snobby girls- who were only popular within their cliques. The school was so big, they weren't known by everyone

Call me Rainleaf

Beloved Seeker

27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas