Submit

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:15 am
It's going to be released in America soon, so I had to start a thread on it, of course.
If you've played the first Dissidia, how do you feel about the new one? Who were your favorites in the original, and are you going to use them in the sequel? Are you interested in any of the new characters? Why?

I'll start. I'm a hardcore Ultimecia player. She's a really slow but very manipulative character that can set traps and basically force the opponent to play her game, which is a perfect emulation of her personality from the original Final Fantasy VIII. Based on what I've seen about Duodecim, she retains all the tools she had in the first and then some. Likewise, several of the old things she had in the original are made better, such as the Shockwave Pulsar having a slight black hole effect, sucking the opponent toward it before actually exploding. I've seen the Knight's Spear, which looks like another delicious avenue for me to set traps like the charged Knight's Arrow. I'm pretty excited to see what sorts of madness I can force my opponent into with it.

As for the new characters, the next one on the list would probably be Tifa, right behind Ultimecia. I don't know much about her other than she's a pretty fast character; usually the type of character I aim to use in fighters. Lightning will probably find a place on my list of characters I use because I've always thought Lightning was a cool character, based on what I've seen/played of XIII. I like Yuna too, though I'm not sure how well I'll be able to use her. We'll see how that works out.

Now tell me yours!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:42 am
I'll play it because Vaan is apparently in it.
Never played the first one though.

iEatSeaSaltIceCream
Crew

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 pm
iEatSeaSaltIceCream
I'll play it because Vaan is apparently in it.
Never played the first one though.

You like XII? Or just the character? Tell meeee.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 pm
Quote:
You like XII? Or just the character? Tell meeee.

Its the only Final Fantasy I've ever played.
I did quite like it, but I was absolutely hopeless at the game.
That and I love Vaan. XD.

iEatSeaSaltIceCream
Crew

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ForIorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 am
I played the original. My fav was ExDeath. I could almost fight Chaos with my eyes closed, since his High Guard could block all of Chaos' BRV attacks. Hope they didn't change him too much.
But yeah, needed more practice against human players. The computer got too predictable. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:39 pm
I really need to pick this up. I mean, Kain Highwind is in it, and that's just awesome.  

Stabby McDoom

Witty Elocutionist

9,850 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100

devouri2

Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:39 pm
I played the first one and enjoyed using sephy, cloud, and the one guy who was shirtless and looked like a chick. I don't know who is in the roster of new characters although tifa would be worked into my list. Sadly my friend was borrowing a psp and that was how i got too play the first and dissidia 2 s out now.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:54 am
I never buy PSP games at full price. 6-8 months down the road it drops to $20 or less. So I'll wait for now.  

Last Showdown

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Playstation

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items