Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
Do you approve of Death Note Yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death Note Yaoi?
I approve
76%
 76%  [ 30 ]
I disapprove
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 39

Nears toy army

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:50 pm
_Y_17_
oh so Near
_Y_17_
oh so Near
User Image

And i'm not afraid to show it to the world.

My friend, you are quite epic.
(I went to your profile, and I seem to have passed your "test". Sending the Friend Request now.)

My test is going to get harder and harder.
Sounds like fun.

Yes but after a while it will be unbearable and I won't receive as many friend requests.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 pm
You know, absolutely nobody ships Light/Near - and why should they, given that they're only in the same room for the finale? - but somehow, I feel like that would change if Miyano Mamoru had played post-timeskip Simon. =p  

DomaDoma

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:22 pm
I don't personally support or not support any pairings. But I support the fans' rights to support them xD
If I created a story/anime/comic/etc. and someone wanted to make random non-canon crack pairings I wouldn't mind. The people who are going to support them will support them whether the creator likes it or not and there's nothing that can change someones opinion on that kind of thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 pm
mrtomface
I personally disapprove, I think it corrupts the anime and is offensive to the original creators of Death Note.

I don't want to think of Mello & Matt or Light & L in that way ... ever ... eek

Imagine you wrote a popular anime or manga and suddenly there was all this yaoi of it all over the internet. How would you feel? stare

Believe it or not, Doujins and fictions that promote a pairing are an artist's way of expressing some degree of thanks to the original creators. They are showing that they are appreciating the original content and have interpreted and made their own stories to continue the fandom in their own way. I heard that there are Doujins that are sold alongside the original published works.
I appreciate Alternate Universe stuff because it allows for more creativity and insight into the fandom universe.
As for Male relations in the fandom, there are more males than females in Death Note, so of course they would exist as such. I write stories in the fandom as a means to be creative and I don't care what others think.  

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:22 am
MattGasms
mrtomface
I personally disapprove, I think it corrupts the anime and is offensive to the original creators of Death Note.

Imagine you wrote a popular anime or manga and suddenly there was all this yaoi of it all over the internet. How would you feel? stare

Believe it or not, Doujins and fictions that promote a pairing are an artist's way of expressing some degree of thanks to the original creators. They are showing that they are appreciating the original content and have interpreted and made their own stories to continue the fandom in their own way. I heard that there are Doujins that are sold alongside the original published works.
I appreciate Alternate Universe stuff because it allows for more creativity and insight into the fandom universe.
As for Male relations in the fandom, there are more males than females in Death Note, so of course they would exist as such. I write stories in the fandom as a means to be creative and I don't care what others think.

*applause*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:02 am
Nears toy army
User Image

who doesn't like a good yaoi piccy with near and mello~?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-votes for approval-

Himekou

Dangerous Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am
AlmostRulingTheWorld
MattGasms
mrtomface

*applause*

*Takes a bow* :3  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm
MattGasms
AlmostRulingTheWorld
MattGasms
mrtomface

*applause*

*Takes a bow* :3

User Image User Image User Image
whee lolz  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

Nears toy army

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:56 pm
LuminousDream
Nears toy army
User Image

who doesn't like a good yaoi piccy with near and mello~?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-votes for approval-

Thought you guys might like that.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:52 pm
I believe mortal enmity kind of puts a damper on your relationship. I am, however, a big fan of "Near and Mello, sittin' in a tree" - provided metaphorical tigers are involved.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say is that I'm too fixated on the plot to ship. I am also saying that I find it very funny to picture Light dressed and mustachioed like that evil poacher from The Simpsons.  

DomaDoma

xRyiox

Melodious Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 am
Yaoi is a-okay. There are even Japanese Manga artists and authors who are all for it. There's even Manga and Anime dedicated to it.

There are some authors and editors who dislike it or anything to do with the fans or fanfiction and will have it removed from the net the moment they see it.

However this author clearly doesn't mind it as he hasn't issued such a thing to happen. So he likely finds it flattering that people like it enough to write about it, even if it's Yaoi or something silly.

I would be flattered to have fanfiction if I ever wrote a story that got popular, it shows me how much people love my stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:33 am
Hi, I'm only new to this guild and all but i think yaoi is okay when the characters in the actual anime/manga are actually close not rivals.
I don't personally read or save pictures or any of that type of stuff for yaoi but everyone has their own taste in things =].

I personally like sticking to how the creators made the characters. =]
(I hope I make sense).

heart  

Freyja93

Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items