Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Fashion/Style/Beauty
Chemical Straightener

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yur-Yur Yuri

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 pm
My hair is naturally curly, and I hate it. Constant straightening and coloring is damaging it to high hell as well. My husband's had his hair chemically straightened and in his own words "My hair went from being a curly white boy fro to this."
His hair's still got a slight curl to it, but it's mostly long and straight.
I'm really sick of having to take an hour out of my day to straighten my hair with a flat iron, so, would this be a good move or not? Have you heard anything? If so, good or bad things?

Photo reference:
User Image
My hair, straightened with flat iron.
User Image
His hair; chemically straightened when he was around 16 ( 7 years later)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 pm
Do not do it yourself.
Go to a salon to get it done.

I have wavy hair and I get my hair chemically straightened.

It does damage your hair, just like bleaching/dyeing would do.
Do be sure to keep it conditioned, I suggest using a salon product just because they have less sulfates and detergents that strip your hair.
I also suggest a hot oil treatment, you can get the kit at Walmart for like four bucks. It is by Vo5 and it works wonders.

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:40 pm
Personally, I think curly hair is cute. ^.^

Frizzies always suck though! I have straightish/wavy hair but it's SODAMNFRIZZY. But they sell stuff at like target and hair salons from different brands, called "anti-frizz serum" or anything like that. It's basically oily stuff. If you rub a dime-sized (or more if you have loong hair) amount into your palms and then run your fingers through your hair, it gets rid of frizzies AND gives it a neater, straighter look with no effort. It's no substitute for straightening, but it might be worth a try.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:40 pm
__penguin__

Frizzies always suck though! I have straightish/wavy hair but it's SODAMNFRIZZY. But they sell stuff at like target and hair salons from different brands, called "anti-frizz serum" or anything like that. It's basically oily stuff. If you rub a dime-sized (or more if you have loong hair) amount into your palms and then run your fingers through your hair, it gets rid of frizzies AND gives it a neater, straighter look with no effort. It's no substitute for straightening, but it might be worth a try.

Any idea how that stuff works on oily hair?  

Yur-Yur Yuri

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 pm
Yur-Yur Yuri
__penguin__

Any idea how that stuff works on oily hair?

Hmmm, as long as you're REALLY careful not to get too much in one place (like really rub it around your palms/fingers before touching your hair), it should be fine. If that ends up too oily, it might help to put it in right after a shower and your hair is still wet.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:20 pm
That oil crap never worked for me, you should try this.
The oil can weigh your hair down and make it hard to style.
that soothing cream is lighter weight, it repairs hair and it is a lot cheaper than the oils, it's two bucks at Walmart.  

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Fashion/Style/Beauty

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items