Submit

rcatgurl

Lonely Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:53 pm
Okay, so I hate dresses, and high heels. I have to be in two weddings, and one is this july. My dress is covered being a bridesmaid, but for 4-h I have to wear a dress! I wear a size two. I hate dresses and I can't wear short stuff. April 7th is really hot here. Where should I get my dress? We looked at Kohls, but the dresses are too short. No spagettia straps or strapless. (I don't have that big a bust)

GAH!!!! I HATE DRESSES!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:12 pm
Have you been able to find one you like that is spaghetti strap? I wouldn't suggest strapless anyway, they can be hard to keep up, especially if you aren't use to wearing them. Anyway, my point was, if you have found a spaghetti strap dress that you like, you could get it and wear a bolero with it so that your shoulder area isn't showing.

Have you checked Macys?  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

rcatgurl

Lonely Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Ihaven't found any I like. My mom keeps picking out ugly old lady dresses. I'm not found of the whole "wear a jacket" thingy. I've never been a jacket or sleeve wearer. We haven't been to macy's. Cuz it's far away. I also can't find shoes that fit. I'm shorter than all the other girls, both in the party and @ the banquet. I also have to go up and accept awards on stage. For 4-h i'm looking for a llow cost dress. I am looking for heels that I may be able to use for the banquet and the wedding.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:28 pm
rcatgurl
Ihaven't found any I like. My mom keeps picking out ugly old lady dresses. I'm not found of the whole "wear a jacket" thingy. I've never been a jacket or sleeve wearer. We haven't been to macy's. Cuz it's far away. I also can't find shoes that fit. I'm shorter than all the other girls, both in the party and @ the banquet. I also have to go up and accept awards on stage. For 4-h i'm looking for a llow cost dress. I am looking for heels that I may be able to use for the banquet and the wedding.

Hmm, do you have any certain styles in mind? I can look online and see what I can find.

Does it have to have sleeves or just not be strapless/spaghetti strap?  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

rcatgurl

Lonely Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:31 pm
just not strapless ? spagetti. I'm a size 2. I have dirty blond hair, green eyes, tan skin. Thanks. Shopping is a nightmare with my mum. She hauls me into Victoria secret, and girly stores.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:03 pm
rcatgurl
just not strapless ? spagetti. I'm a size 2. I have dirty blond hair, green eyes, tan skin. Thanks. Shopping is a nightmare with my mum. She hauls me into Victoria secret, and girly stores.

Well, to be fair, you usually need to go to a girly store to find girly clothes. wink
Besides, Victoria secret isn't so bad, especially the undies there. New undies can be nice, I love shopping for new undies >w<

Also, if you do end up getting a dress that is too long, just get it altered to be the right length. It can be difficult to find a dress that is made for a shorter person, it would be easier to find one you like and have it altered. Alterations usually don't cost too much, especially if they aren't major alterations. Shortening shouldn't bee too much at all.

Hmm.. any of these strike your interest?

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=528260&CategoryID=54549#fn=sp=1&spc=30

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=528203&CategoryID=54549#fn=sp=1&spc=30

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/juniors/dressesanddressyapparel/maxi/PRD~800574/Heart+and+Soul+Giraffe+Surplice+Halter+Maxi+Dress.jsp  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:53 pm
JC Penney has a wide variety of dresses and they tend to be cheaper. =]

JcP;;red.
JcP;;floral
JcP;;sunshine

Deb has great dresses, too~

belted
shimmerr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 pm
DEB and JC Penney's are great! I also had a lot of luck shopping for dresses at Fashion Bug. I run into being thin and having a boxy/athletic build. No bust, no hips, but straight and flat all over and very tall. Luckily my mom sews and was able to do alterations for me.

Have you tried Old Navy or Gap?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41725&vid=3&pid=809579&scid=809579012  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

rcatgurl

Lonely Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:21 pm
Frantic: I like the third
Flauter: I love the floral. We are going to Kohls and JCP on saturday, so thanks.
Ramile: No, it is too far away, sorry
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE HELP! I will send you a pic of the dress I get. Thanks. Now I need shoes. Both for the wedding and the banquet. I got measured for a dress for the wedding last time I was a 2 now i'm a 1! I tryied on a 2, and the bust made it slip, and the seamstress goes. "I've built butts, and I built boobs, Not I needs to make big boobies!" she said that in front of a bunch of people! She's 97 years old!  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games