Welcome to Gaia! ::

► Pray For Japan ◄

Back to Guilds

A place to express your thoughts on the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami. 

Tags: Japan, Earthquake, Support, Disaster, Tsunami 

Reply ► Pray For Japan ◄
Gaia? Scamming? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You Think Its A Scam?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
No
77%
 77%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 49

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:01 pm
Look at the thread. The author was yelling and name-calling. Not very persuasive.

Yes, I would have like more clarity on how much was to be donated and how much was being raised as it went, but Gaia DID SOMETHING, although I do wish they had allowed the items to be sold longer. And maybe telling us why not, since they did not.

But the thread convinced me of nothing, except that the author was erratic.

Also, please be aware that IF YOU DONATE through the Red Cross (Red Crescent in Arab countries, and yes it is the same organization) - you MUST label the project or place you want funds to go to, or the money will go into the Red Cross' general fund, to be divvied up as they choose. There was a lot of anger after Hurricane Katrina, because donations made at that time did not go automatically to help hurricane victims, but that is not how the Red Cross works.

Another detail - most charities use 90% of donations for fundraising and administrative costs, not direct aid. Did you know that? A few organizations are known for having much better ratios - Doctors Without Borders is one (Medecins sans Frontieres.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:44 pm
Well I don't Think it a scam we should help out Japan. If it was a scam we should have some copy paper and proof. If it was scam. I think it not a scam. We should help out the people. Plus We are not sure if organization is hiding something just we need proof or paper evident to see it telling the truth then jumping into conclusions.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:34 pm
Sadly it not a scam. If was a scam that would rip people off. I think everyone have the rights to help them out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 pm
I think it is not a scam they just want is best for people. Plus we should help out Japan  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 pm
Japan need our help. So we should stop saying it a scam just blame the media for crying out loud or some government. I still think we should help out Japan.  
► Pray For Japan ◄

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff