Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Getting inspired? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:09 pm
I look for motivational words online. You need to get angry; you need to feel an emotion strong enough to have the passion to change yourself.

Anonymous from 4Chan

If things went all medieval and you had to fight a fit guy like me over your girl, I'd ravage your a** and take her. You okay with that?

When your girl is out with her friends, she's checkin' me out because I've worked to improve my appearance and it shows. You okay with that?

You think you're safe out there in this world? You think it's okay to be this unfit, lazy little monger? You know you're not safe in your job, I'm sure. Every day you go above and beyond to make sure that the cutthroat guillotine of labor supply doesn't mutilate you into an unrecognizable, unemployed piece of s**t. Why do you think it's different with your fitness?

How'd you get to where you are? People look at you and laugh. People use you as a benchmark to change their own habits. You okay with that?

Let's get poppin', kid. No relapses. It's kill or be killed out there; it always has been. Sure, we changed the rules a little bit and added our own little trifling sense of justice and morality, but nothing's really changed. Don't be one of those assholes making pathetic reoccurring attempts to change their lifestyle. Don't whine about it. You've got self-discipline and nothing else in this life. You've got one try: to fail once is to fail every time. In six months, you're either going to be a pathetic, guilt-ridden failure, or a ******** tribute to human will. Your b***h of a mother-in-law will make comments like, "I can't believe it..." Your girl will get nervous about how much you can accomplish just by setting your mind to it and stark asking you to tell her if she's good enough for you. Assholes who taunted you will have nothing... nothing... to say. You did something they either simply couldn't even begin, or tried to do so and failed miserably.

And then when my girl is out with her friends, she'll be checking you out, ******** time. Let's do this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:21 pm
I think of how I feel AFTER I give in, like when I'm full, and I consider that the few minutes of tastyness isn't worth the guilt, the weight, the confidence issues. Like I regained 12lbs and can't wear my sexy top that shows off midrift, and I miss that, and confidence is better than cake.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:50 pm
My long term inspiration is my health. My mother got full blown diabetes when she was my age, and my doctor told me recently that my blood sugars are in the high risk range :/ So now I am working against the clock to stop that process...

Even more so, I've had other health issues that seem mysterious, but very real to me. Essentially, my liver has a hard time processing any sort of toxins (including fat, alcohol, ect). Doctors are not sure what I have, but my gall bladder was removed last December. When I don't take care of myself, I feel crummy sad

I hit 205 at my highest, I am currently at 180. My goal is 140. For day to day inspiration I lurk in the MyFitnessPal Forums under Success Stories and click on threads about people who lost 50+ pounds. My favorites are those with before and after pictures xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:51 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
I think of how I feel AFTER I give in, like when I'm full, and I consider that the few minutes of tastyness isn't worth the guilt, the weight, the confidence issues. Like I regained 12lbs and can't wear my sexy top that shows off midrift, and I miss that, and confidence is better than cake.

"Confidence is better than cake"

Brilliant! You should make bumper stickers, or at least a forum banner blaugh  

Sidhe Fleshmonster

Gracious Hunter

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:55 am
Sidhe Fleshmonster
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

"Confidence is better than cake"

Brilliant! You should make bumper stickers, or at least a forum banner blaugh

I agree!! That's an awesome quote that should be on a new banner for the guild!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:08 am
When I really need inspiration to do some exercise I watch a music channel.

Like everyone in the music videos have ideal bodies and I know how fake it is but they all look so happy, which makes me want to exercise xD  

Call me Ginge

Eloquent Elder

9,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Defective Candy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:58 pm
This is going to sound dorky, but I have a picture of Jillian Michaels on my fridge...it scares me away from opening it.... I have a fear of her showing up on my doorstep, she's scary..that's kind of motivation.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:56 pm
I have a really hard time stay motivated, since I only need to lose about 10-15 lbs so I'm not really that over weight. I guess I think about things I can do when I lose the weight, like confidentially wear bikinis and stuff. I just remember how much better I'll feel about myself at the end of the day.  

freelance lover

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 pm
I try to stay away from negative motivation because it stirs up not good things in me.

The most inspiring thing for me was going to see people who are doing exactly what I want to do. I'm interested in circus arts, and so seeing the circus last Friday was amazingly inspiring for me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:28 am
I just don't think of it as a diet, or as extra work I'm doing to reach a goal. I think of it as a lifestyle change that is permanent. Make the healthy lifestyle the goal, and the weight just a great side-effect. If you feel like you're punishing or depriving yourself just to lose weight, you'll lose motivation easily.  

Majnooni

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games