Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 pm
Remember me?
Probably not. :c

Anyways.
I'm so terribly sorry I've been inactive lately.
I've pretty much abandoned Gaia.
I've no idea why.
Probably responsibility.
I fail at responsibility.

Buuut... I need your help.
I want to make a guild. [yeah...]
And I want your advice.

It's going to be about Visual Novels.
I've been addicted to them lately.
I just... yeah.
So I want to make a guild about them. I don't know if there are others, and I don't really care about them, because they probably will be way inactive anyways. :C [ if you know of any active ones, I'd be happy to check them out, PM me? I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get advertisements of others from other people ]

But yes.
I want some advice. Just... guild-related advice.
And do you really think I should do it? Or do you think I'll end up abandoning Gaia permanently? I've never owned a guild before...
. n .;;

[ also, sorry for posting this here. i just wanted to make sure people saw this 'cause i know subforums are half as busy. if you want me to move it, go right ahead and yell at me and move it ]  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:19 pm
Hey =)

I remember you! You used to post here all the time =). Don't worry about it hun, everyone has inactive periods, we all know that our offline lives are more important and everyone here understands that.

Being captain of a guild is a huge responsibility, especially when it is first starting up. I've captained two guilds and it is potentially a lot of fun but you reaaally need to be online a lot in the first couple of months if you want it to take off. So by all means go ahead with the guild, I haven't heard of a visual novels guild before, but make sure you have the time for it, 'cause it's a fair amount of gold to waste if it just falls flat.
Anyway, if you decide to go ahead and you want any help setting things up, let me know and I'll be more than happy to help out where I can =)  

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:39 pm
Alright, thanks.
I have a bit of gold, more than enough to start off with, I think. I need to spend it on something or other.
I'm sure I'll be online a lot, especially in the beginning. I've been so obsessed with them lately, it'd be awesome to have someone to share them with, you know?

I dunno. Maybe I'll go for it anyways.
At least it'd keep me on Gaia?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:49 pm
Cool =)

Well, I recommend starting with only one or two sub forums at the most, don't expand until you have enough people, because it's a lot easier to just check the main forum of a new guild than to search through heaps of sub forums. That's probably my biggest tip, and find a great moderator who knows something about visual novels. The hardest thing for a guild that specific is to find people to join, but I guess you could search for new members by interest tags. Good luck with it anyways =)  

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:41 am

Just want to say, welcome back sweetie. [:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:07 am
@ Miss;
Yeah. I know I'd prolly fry my brain having 50 subforums anyways. xD
I'm trying really hard to not bite off more then I can chew.
And yeah, I'll probably try the interest tags, but if I can't find anybody, I'll make some thread about it in the public forums, maybe here. I'd really like to find somebody I know, but I don't think any of my friends play or like visual novels. xD

@ Roxy;
Thanks. C:
I'll try and be more active, I promise. At least here. xD
This place just has too many great people to not be active all the time. [ did that make sense? I think I wrote it wrong. ]  

alienli

Friendly Tipper

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 am
I would never forget you. Your username and avatar is easy for me to remember anyway. ^^

I say go for it!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:30 am
I remember you!

Good luck with your guild.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:06 am
Gah, I'm having a hard time getting it started, lawl.
I'm just procrastinating, but I keep staring at it and wishing it'd be up already.
D'x
But at the same time, I don't want to ask anybody else to do it.
You know, it's my guild, I should get it started, and then maybe ask somebody to edit it for me.
OR something.
[ shoot me in the face, please. ]

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces