Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I'm SERIOUS this time (update: hope that's muscle)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:28 am
I have been a healthy weight ever since I recognized I had a problem in high school (there was no admitting cause friends and family thought it was "fine" and didn't think anything needed to change) and took the necessary steps to fix it. I lost 20lbs that year, and additional 10 in the next 1-2yrs after that.

However, I'm still not happy with my body. And I'm not happy with my lifestyle. I miss being an athlete, working out 5 days a week. Having all that energy (being able to eat whatever and stay slim) and I FINALLY have someone to encourage and support me. My friend Fran, who is also, slim, but out of shape.

We've decided enough p***y footing around this issue with a workout here, a workout there. We're determined to be in shape and have the bods we've always wanted.

Our plan/schedule is as follows. Sunday mornings, I pick her up and we head to the mall, lululemon 1hr free workout with personal trainer. I have a smoothie as a reward plus load up on nutrients. Then I'm off to work. Mon-Wed we tell each other what workout we intend to do that day and challenge the other to do the same. Usually just a 10-30min workout since we both have class and work. Wednesday "make it or break it" is on, LOVE that show, watch it while using my elliptical trainer. Thursdays I swim 1hr during my break. Friday again, text Fran my workout of the day. Saturday I ski all day.

March break will break the cycle a bit, basically just no swimming, but, I'll ski more, and do yoga the Tuesday when I normally can't because of class.

Yesterday I didn't do any workout. Since I've been pet sitting and on the go all day long from 6am till 9pm. I think max days off per week for me will be 2. Especially since most workouts are just 10-20mins. And I can rest my legs by doing an arm workout. I use to workout 2-3hrs a day 5 days a week. So I don't think I'm overdoing it at all. I even wonder if I can up the intensity a bit. Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:15 pm
Sounds good to me!
^^  

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:25 pm
Oh my gosh, I gained 5 extra pounds in the last 2 months. On top of the 5 I gained since the summer. I'm at 140lbs right now, this summer I was actually under 130lbs. I REALLY hope that extra weight is muscle mass. I should have measured waist rather than keeping track of the scale. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:58 pm
Is there anyway that you could do some cardio to get rid of fat?
Like buy a cheap work out DVD?
I can give you list of what I use if you need them. 3nodding  

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:19 pm
Testicular Diabeetus

ya, definitely. I've gained 7lbs since I started working out plus the original 5 I'm up 12lbs since last summer crying But I wrecked my knee skiing so I can't do jumping, and boot camp last week involved lots of jumping. I won a month membership to a gym and I have a one week pass to pilates that I got from lululemon.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:15 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Testicular Diabeetus

ya, definitely. I've gained 7lbs since I started working out plus the original 5 I'm up 12lbs since last summer crying But I wrecked my knee skiing so I can't do jumping, and boot camp last week involved lots of jumping. I won a month membership to a gym and I have a one week pass to pilates that I got from lululemon.

Hey, that's cool, use the one month pass at the gym to your advantage and try to lose as much as you can in that time period. In one month, I bet you can lose 8 to 10 pounds if you work hard. Good luck!  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:49 pm
four pounds down, eight more to go. Hoping to be back to my summer weight by bikini season! Swimming twice a week and walking every day now. Plus I do strength training a few days a week, but I suck at doing that on my own. I probably give up too easily, when I go to boot camp, I'm motivated to keep up with the group, I do all the sets and all the reps that the instructor sets for us. Bootcamp is only like once a month though. It's mostly yoga lately, which I love, bbuut, as an after workout, I hate starting my week without that really good sweat session.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:52 pm
That's great! Good job, keep it up and those last 8 pounds will be lost before you know it. Swimming is probably the best workout ever because you use more muscle than in any other workout. Try swimming more than twice a week though, maybe 3 or 4 times a week will show quicker results. And remember plenty of fruits and water to cleanse your system.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:08 am
A Touch of Evil
That's great! Good job, keep it up and those last 8 pounds will be lost before you know it. Swimming is probably the best workout ever because you use more muscle than in any other workout. Try swimming more than twice a week though, maybe 3 or 4 times a week will show quicker results. And remember plenty of fruits and water to cleanse your system.

Thank you! well max I can swim for free is 3 times a week, and wednesdays are crazy crowded cause everyone has their break at the same time. But I'll try. Yesterday I did 30 laps in 30 mins or 750m in 30mins. Gona try to go for longer today. Love fruit, that's no problem, I'm really into tea but with the season change I'm feeling like ice tea but my issue with that is that while I love hot tea straight, I find I need sweetner in ice tea. So I'm not sure how good it is for me at that point. I'm gona look into agave nectar, it supposedly tastes like honey but has less sugar in it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:33 am
Update: I need to take a break from swimming because... well because I need to wax. But I've started to use my elliptical more and more. So I'm replacing swimming with that for now. I've got a couple of gym trials I can use, and soon my very physical summer job starts.

I haven't lost ANY weight. I fluctuate A LOT. Like 5lbs from one day to the next. Probably because I eat a lot. I actually LIKE eating healthy, but that's been impossible lately. I'm only putting in enough hours at work to pay gas insurance and phone bills. I have nothing left over for food so I just eat whatever is in the fridge which my obese mother stocks. We have 5 different kinds of cookies on any given day, several types of ice cream. Maybe 1-2 vegetables.

Then this week I had duty week in the vet clinic at school so I was gone 6am-7pm got home exhausted and went straight to bed. Then I got sick from lack of sleep. So now I have to work my way back into being active very slowly. Which is so frustrating because I want all this winter weight (8-12lbs) gone by bikini and shorts season which is basically in 1-2 months.

All that work and still no progress. It's so frustrating.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games