Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply WIP
Comic Project

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glitchness

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:33 pm
I'm currently working on 3 different comics. They will be 100% traditional medium in an accordion book format. I will be painting them in watercolor.

User Image

I've done a quick study on the character I'll be featuring using various possible techniques. While I personally prefer the top left (sans lineart), I don't expect it to work out very well once it comes time to write in the text for the speech bubbles. I think the colored lines (top right) might have the best potential, or would the classic black lines (either style) work best?

Update: I've added a quick speech bubble and simple background to most of them. I decided not to worry about the bottom right since I have yet to get positive feedback regarding that one.

Sketches of the actual comics soon to come.

Suggestions/feedback?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 pm
I love all of the styles, but I think the two styles in the bottom would be a good choice for the comic C:

Good luck with it~  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Le Zephyr

Versatile Explorer

11,525 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:15 pm
Hrm. Yes, I think the top right will work best. Is there any chance you could ink over the outlines?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 pm
Watergirl244
I love all of the styles, but I think the two styles in the bottom would be a good choice for the comic C:

Good luck with it~

So you like the two styles with the black outlines, correct? Thank you very much!

Bleangamer
Hrm. Yes, I think the top right will work best. Is there any chance you could ink over the outlines?

Sorry, I switched the top two images when I added the background, so you are referring to the top left image now. I'm sorry, I'm running on little sleep while I'm already sick, so my brain isn't quite working, but what do you mean by "ink over the outlines"?  

Glitchness

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200

Le Zephyr

Versatile Explorer

11,525 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 pm
Glitchness
Watergirl244

Good luck with it~

So you like the two styles with the black outlines, correct? Thank you very much!

Bleangamer

Sorry, I switched the top two images when I added the background, so you are referring to the top left image now. I'm sorry, I'm running on little sleep while I'm already sick, so my brain isn't quite working, but what do you mean by "ink over the outlines"?
What you did in your update. Nevermind. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 am
Bleangamer
Glitchness
Watergirl244

Good luck with it~

Bleangamer

What you did in your update. Nevermind. xD

Ha! Well, that was easy xd Thanks!  

Glitchness

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
WIP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers