Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skarry Neon Puppeteer

5,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:59 pm
Well Chickas, I need some help, and a bit motivation.

I want to join the volleyball team really badly next year. Im pretty good at volleyball, and if I get some practice, I can be really good. But I can be a bit... Im not sure of a good word for it really. Im terrified of what the other girls, n my team and the opposing teams, will say to me when they see my fat legs and stretch marks on them from growing too tall too fast. >< It only bother's me because we have to wear these tiny shorts, and I really dont want them making jokes about me. I never really care what they say about me, but the stretch marks from growing tall are a serious problem. Along with the fact that I have fat legs. They girls on the team are the preppy type who gossip about every little imperfect thing and person. Like I said, it never bother's me, except for the marks. Im terrified of getting made fun of because of them, being called fat because of them, when the only fat part of my is my legs. :/ I hate some of the girls, which makes it worse. It takes a lot for me to even tell anyone about the marks, so... ><

Any adivce for me?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 pm
Um. I feel the same way, though I don't have stretch marks nor am I fat in any way. lol But because of my reputation. :O Anyway. Maybe were thigh high socks? I did that when I played soccer because I had a huge a** scar an my thigh. 4laugh  

Sour Icecream

5,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Beyond sky

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:31 pm
http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-stretch-marks/

for the stretch marks hope it helps  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:07 pm
If volleyball is something you're really interested in, then you should give it a try! Who cares what those girls think about you? Nobody is perfect. Don't worry about what they think, just do what is best for you. I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but I know you can do it! =]  

Tuba Toothpaste

Toothsome Lover

14,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:25 pm
I went to college on a volleyball scholarship, and I love the sport. I say go for it even if you don't like the girls. Who knows?! Maybe some others will join this year! And I agree with the thigh high suggestion. Or even pantyhose? you can get nude colored socks. :3 Even if not, your stretchmarks make you special. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 am
You all have really good suggestions...

@ Beyond Sky : Thanks for showing me that website! I think I'll try some fo the tips for getting rid of them on there.... <3

@ Sour Icecream: Thats a really good idea too~ Maybe the socks will help lessen the impact when I dig, even with the kneepads. Those things are uncomfortable.... Thanks~ <3

@Tuba Tuoothpaste: smile Thanks. Ill have to keep your words inmind if I make the team, and Im getting my shorts, and when Im playing. <3

@ Ramiele: Yeah, who knows~ Im trying to get my friends who are just as good as me, or better, to join with me. The nude pantyhouse is a really good idea too. I think I thought of that once, so I'd have to ask the Coach if I can wear them~ Thanks for the advice~ <3

Skarry Neon Puppeteer

5,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100

-Angel Buttons-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:07 pm
YOU CAN KEEP YOUR PERFECTLY PINK LIFE

My advice is, take on a "who care's?" attitude. =D

I'm the current captain of my volleyball team but when I started four years ago, I was afraid too.
It was a new school yet everyone seemed to have history & there was already a pretty elite volleyball team that intimidated the crap out of me. Not only were they talented, they all had this perfect ten body. & me, well I was an OK player with a normal body. Not only do I have stretch marks but I also have cellulite so after having to prove myself in the try-outs, wearing the uniform was something so completely stressing for me. The girls weren't really helpful either. They'd constantly make fun of how I'd look or how I'd play. But in the end, it just made me want to get better. I earned my place & their respect. Now some of the girls from the original team are my closest friends & members to a team where I call the shots. So who care's what they think, a positive attitude can take you a long way.

=]

Btw, still have stretch marks, still have cellulite & yet, no one says a thing because in game, it doesn't matter how you look, it's how you play. So go for it!

I'LL BE JUST FINE LIVING MINE MULTICOLOR ;D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 pm
DO IT. scream ... whee

I regret not doing volleyball.

I was a darn good server in middle school. But then I got bullied for my curvy figure. You must remember that most of these girls were wearing trainer bras still while I was a freaking D.

I quit sports completely then moved from Nevada to Oregon.

Joined water polo and swim team my junior year and life got so much better because of it. If you like a sport, go for it.

Luckily I like swim team just as much as volleyball, so that helped. =] But I still really regret not having joined volleyball or soccer or tennis. D;

Girls can be petty and mean everywhere -- but don't let that stop you! Hold your head up high and remember that talent, hard work, and perseverance is so, so much more important than how you look!

The fastest girl on my team, by the way, has stretch marks. She'll always have them but who cares? She's taken state, broke records, and is in the hall of fame. So really, doing your best is all that matters.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items