Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Do you ever feel dissatisfied with life?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Short Melancholic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:29 pm
Like everything has happened before, and it will happen again, so why bother? Like we all follow the basic plan in our lives, all for what?
I feel this way like everything is so boring i want to find a cause to live for, I want to live outside myself and get past all my wants and desires.
Have you ever felt this way? What were your conclusions?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:37 pm

I felt that way quite a lot this summer, just totally dejected and unhappy.
My first conclusion was to dance my way down the street, because while I was that unhappy, I couldn't possibly do ANYONE any good.
So I did.
And the Swiss stared and were outraged, and that actually made me feel a little better.

After that, I thought about what I'm capable of doing, and what I can do as someone who needs to think not only of her own needs, but also those of her husband.
That determined, I set about nannying children who don't speak English as their first language and helping them better develop their skills. It's not a big thing, but they enjoy having me there for them.
It's not the life-changing way I felt when I was doing in home nursing, but I don't think I can do that in Italian yet.

I feel like wanting to work for others is a noble goal, but that to truly help them, you must first be at peace with yourself, not just lethargically accepting of the fact that you are. That way, you can help others to be happy, and be better for themselves, and no one else.

Flameinexile

Invisible Heckler

13,500 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100

Cold Oktober

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:13 pm
yeah, i feel that way, too. i look at my parents and just don't want the same like they had. i mean, their careers are respectable enough. i just really want to do something with my life. i want to teach. and if i don't achieve that, i don't know what my life will have been for.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 pm
User Image

I understand how that's like,
I've felt like that for about a year and a half.
While I might not have a conclusion yet,
I am determined to jump out of it...
If I can.

User Image  

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Tuba Toothpaste

Toothsome Lover

14,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:23 am
I think everyone has felt that way before. I felt that way a lot in high school. It was the same thing every day, the same routine. But things won't be like that forever. You won't be in high school forever, you won't be in college forever....things will change eventually, and you can always make a change in your life if you decide that you want to. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:33 pm
Yes, often. =/  

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:52 pm
I feel this way a lot unfortunately. Especially now that I'm in grad school and I can't find a job (or a better job) and ack. The whole thing is so frustrating. I just want to live, rather than exist.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:06 pm
Yeah, I've been feeling that way on and off lately. I blame college.  

Full Metal Keyblade

Aged Survivor

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:22 pm
I'm always thinking about this. Don't mean to sound pessimistic, but if I'm not going to accomplish anything significant in my life, then why live at all? Wouldn't the earth be better off without me? One less person to dirty up the planet, no?

So it makes me want to accomplish something important in my life, try and make the world better somehow, and not just be an 'air breather'.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games