Are you an emotional creature?
  Hells yeah!
View Results

Moroso

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:02 am
The voices always come...

Hey, so I found something pretty cool on the 'net today, thought I'd share:
http://www.ted.com/talks/eve_ensler_embrace_your_inner_girl.html

If you don't want to watch the whole video (it is, afterall, 20 mins long) at least skip to ~16mins in, where she recites a truly awesome poem that I think anyone here would appreciate.

So, thoughts?

at night...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:45 pm
Well, I skipped to the poem part, and I loved the way she presented the poem. The pacing and levels of her voice really worked well with the poem, and it kinda made me want to jump up and shout "I LOVE BEING A GIRL!"
I liked it. I'm emotional, but sometimes those get the better of me sweatdrop not always a good thing....lol  

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100

etched in dreams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:30 pm
I thought this whole thing was really inspiring. 3nodding
In the video I skipped to the poem, but I read everything else after that. Some of the stories were gruesome; tying old women up and having groups of men rape them periodically? That's just inhumane! D:
I could really relate to the poem, which was sweet. And when I'm one of the girls who doesn't like being a girl half the time, the poem really made me happy to be a girl. I never thought being an emotional creature could get thrown in a positive direction. xD Cute poem. :3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:08 pm
Swim47
Well, I skipped to the poem part, and I loved the way she presented the poem. The pacing and levels of her voice really worked well with the poem, and it kinda made me want to jump up and shout "I LOVE BEING A GIRL!"
I liked it. I'm emotional, but sometimes those get the better of me sweatdrop not always a good thing....lol

The voices always come...

Haha, same! The first time I watched it, it really lifted my spirits! I like the way it kind of says that it's ok to let emotions show sometimes-something that's pretty relevant to me, since I bottle mine up all the time.

at night...

Moroso

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:22 pm
Girl power!
While we women may lack (in nature) physical prowess, our emotional and mental capabilities of withstanding the traumas that come with being a women (sexual harassment, menstruating, child-birth, etc) are absolutely outstanding. Thank you for this link. <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:01 pm
I didn't really like the poem itself. The message was nice, though~  

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash