Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Gender Stereotypes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gender stereotypes?
  They're still too common! :( I hate them!
  I guess I still see some every now and then. They're not very nice.
  Yeah, there's some, but they'll pass. :)
  I don't really mind them.
  Bleh, I don't care.
View Results

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 am
I only recently bought make-up and its just some mascara and lip gloss that I pull out on relatively special occasions – like going out to dinner or something. Every day I usually just go out without anything on. My mom's used to it, but I think she is happy that I've started to care a little more about my appearance since I fix my hair every morning.

Actually, I don't get the 'oh you're a girl, you can't play video games' cards as much as some people think. <.<; But I still get harassed sometimes on forums because there are people out there who automatically assume I'm male and that I'm just playing the girl card – which pisses me off to no end. Is it really so surprising that girls like games too?

Also, like Nanokax, I get weird looks because I love metal music (preferences are power, progressive, and symphonic). I get weird looks when I go into HMV and someone who worked there asked me once if I was in the right section – to which I answered with a bright yep! I'm not ashamed of being a female metal fan, but guys and even a number of girls find that strange and tell me that I should have a more 'feminine' taste in music. Really pisses me off. It also probably doesn't help that I don't look like I'm a metal fan – which also pisses me off that I have to 'look' a certain way in order to be accepted as a fan of something.

What pisses me off the most, though, is when some girls find out that I'm single and that I don't care for a relationship. They always react as though I'm some freak and pester me about it; saying that I need to be in a relationship or that I don't know what I'm missing out on. I don't get it; why is it so important that I as a female am in a relationship? It does not define who I am; I don't need a man in my life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:44 pm
So, gender roles have screwed with my head a good deal. My parents, for one thing, are constantly trying to force me to wear girly clothes and makeup. I remember when i was in 7th grade my dad told me that if i didnt start dressing more feminine, everyone would think im a lesbian. Honestly, the reason i shop so slowly is because the clothes i actually loke are all in the boys section. Another example is how I grow my hair out ridiculously long just so that i can circumvent my dad's "girls shouldnt have short hair" rule on the pretext of donating it. Its ridiculous. I am a girl. I hate pink, glitter, sparkles, high heels, skirts, v-neck shirts, earings, painted nails, romantic comedies, and girl-politics. I like scifi, robots, monkeys, martial arts, video games, action movies, science, and punk music (by which i mean sex pistols). People assume that either these things dont mix, or i must be gay. It's ridiculous.  

Tangerine_Monster

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces