Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Things that drive you Crazy in Music Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NeoRaptor99

6,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 pm
I hate being one of two trombones and being the only one that can consistently hit higher than a high G (which is not that high) because I'm not allowed to try new instruments and the trombone parts are soooo boring for the music we play in concert band, seriously I have played harder music in middle school than I have in high school. Everyone else including tubas and bari sax's get better parts than we do!!!!! Darn my director for choosing easy music

I also hate that my class is so bad that the Freshman band is like 4 or 5 times better than us *sigh* my grade is the one bringing down the band... why do we have to suck so bad! T,T  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:05 am
I hate how ALL our percussion players in band make s**t up when they're suppose to be READING THEIR MUSIC,They're like what?14?!They still don't know what a quarter,half,whole note is.. =_=;
Also there wasss..Suppose to be 3 trumpet players,
but they're lazy.So I'm pretty much the only one and
Saxs talks a lot and goes on their phones behind their music
stand and giggle like idiots razz  

HeliChurtle

koolkat104

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:05 am
That moment when you're the only one that knows a song full-through, no mistakes, all articulations... and people decide to call you a show off for it. Really people? Really? I'm sorry that I practice and you don't.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:20 pm
Upbeats. Switching a trumpet in for a french horn has it's perks, but god, do marches suck when you spend a whole class subdividing eighth notes.

Also Horn has awesome parts but it's annoying when even with shields the director tells you to play louder than you can manage  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

szowlee82

Ursine Connoisseur

17,965 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Bold Glow 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:26 am
Hates when the band teacher doesn't bother to show up.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:25 am
When my tenor saxophone mate (who is also a friend of mine) doesn't have enough air to play his instrument.
Example: There is a normal phrasing but because he doesn't not have enough air to play he takes 3 breathes in between the phrasings.
I usually try to cover it up for him but during the time my saxophone was in repair it became very noticeable (because he plays quite loud as well).

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:29 pm
I'm a flute player....the best out of the four in our band. I get soo many nasty looks from the trumpets and other flutes because, half the time, if there's supposed to be a trumpet solo, none of them want to do it. Our BD asks if anyone else want to do it, so I usually raise my hand and the only clarinet does too. So he makes it a solo and all the other flutes get so mad because he doesn't choose them for it. Well, ya know what, maybe, just maybe, if you knew the difference between a frickin' A-natural and A-flat you'd get a solo once and a while!
And when someone messes up and the BD doesn't know who, he''l go through the line of flutes and make everybody play the measures that were'nt played correctly. 99% of the time, he doesn't make me play it 'cause he knows I wasn't the one to mess up. So, I get looks for that too. The clarinet and I are pretty much teacher's pets 'cause we actually freakin' practice.  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:58 pm
Transposing music. Nuff said. Playing C Piccolo trumpet, on a exerpt written for Bb.  

Megumint

Friendly Businessman

TaiTai27

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:58 pm
I hate when my Band got higher than 2 all the time at competitions, we even got sweepstakes once, then our band director leaves and screwed us over completely and we started getting scores under 2. -_- Then, when I graduate we get an awesome director. *Ugghh.  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:35 pm
I hate when the band director complains about how the class is talking and waisting time, when we could be playing. But he talks far more than the class does, when it's not necessary.

When he changes the tempo of our piece the day of the concert, and the tenor sax is complaing about it. But honestly we're in high school now, we should be able to change something like that in a matter of moments.

When there are people in my section (clarinet) who don't play just because they take the class for an easy grade.

Also syncapation. -_-" Gotta hate that.  

redheadsrule13

Romantic Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

meow637

Shirtless Prophet

9,675 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:01 pm
NeoRaptor99
I hate being one of two trombones and being the only one that can consistently hit higher than a high G (which is not that high) because I'm not allowed to try new instruments and the trombone parts are soooo boring for the music we play in concert band, seriously I have played harder music in middle school than I have in high school. Everyone else including tubas and bari sax's get better parts than we do!!!!! Darn my director for choosing easy music

I also hate that my class is so bad that the Freshman band is like 4 or 5 times better than us *sigh* my grade is the one bringing down the band... why do we have to suck so bad! T,T

I know how you feel about the consistent note thing. I'm a trombone player myself. There are two of us in my class: I can hit one octave higher than middle C, and the other can barely play middle C. But our band director gives us some pretty fun parts, like Equus by Eric Whitacre. BEST GLISSANDOS EVER!!!!!!!

What I hate is those players who think that they are so good that they think they don't have to show up to the after school rehearsals for a big concert/competition coming up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:52 pm
TENOR CLEF  

remy v2

Friendly Fatcat

BadEphraim

4,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 pm
I definitely gotta say the most annoying, are people in band who aren't passionate and are only taking the class because they have to. i don't see much of that anymore now that i'm in high school but back in middle school, 5 of 8 percussionists were using drumsticks from their rockband video game set from home and they all quit before going to high school, probably because they were too chicken to join the marching band which is required for freshman. the funny thing is, most people in band including me, continue to participate in marching band because it turns out to be much more fun than initially expected.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff