Spyro?
  Yes!
  No.
  Who?
View Results

kindling

Magnetic Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 pm
It is the best playstation game I have ever played. If you voted "Yes!" then you're about to hear a lot of what you already know. If you voted "Who?" then here's why you want to play it:

* Dragons are awesome! Especially cute little purple punky ones.
* There is a clear objective, with a few smaller but necessary ones (Defeat Gnasty Gnorc, rescue all the dragons, collect treasure, save dragon eggs).
* The levels are interesting, clever, and beautiful.
* You know when the game is over/complete.
* The music is fantastic! <3

These same things apply for Crash Bandicoot, another playstation game I know of and am very fond of, but I will start another thread when I want to talk about it.

I also am super interested in playing Final Fantasy 7. I have read enough about it and watched many youtube videos to know that it is the most dramatic and fantastic storyline I might ever see in a game, but I will wait until I play it to give it such praise.

I really don't see why graphics is such a big deal. I'm sure they are nice, but graphics don't make a good game: they make a good graphic. What I want in a game is a delicious storyline with relatable characters and obstacles that make you think; a game where button mashing will only get you so far. I appreciate strategy games. I believe Spyro: The Dragon answers my call promptly and with a polite, "Hello! My name is Spyro. Let's collect treasure and kick some @$$ together."

Another thing: I love how innocent the game is: completely devoid of swearing or vulgarity, and the one time Spyro wants to, he's cut off by the older dragon. Oh "rated E for everyone" <3

There are a lot of things I want to say, but I'm afraid that if I do, no one else will have anything to say. I will save these things for the discussion, then.

Please:
~ Comment
~ Suggest
~ Agree
~ Disagree
~ Question
~ Answer
~ All or none of the above

Avoid:
~ Spamming
~ Flaming
~ Disrespect
~ Strong language and excessive swearing

If you voted "No." I would love to hear why you say "No." to the question "Spyro?". He's pretty sweet, so I would be curious as to why he's not your cup of tea.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 pm
I played Spyro: Year of the Dragon or Spyro 3 on the PS1. One of the first PS1 games I got alongside FF8 and FFT. It's a pretty fun game with all the collecting the gems and eggs. Never did beat the final boss though. Lost my PS1 memory card so I can't exactly go back and finish the game.  

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Galain Fletchawk
Crew

Ruthless Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 pm
Metus Aquinas
I played Spyro: Year of the Dragon or Spyro 3 on the PS1. One of the first PS1 games I got alongside FF8 and FFT. It's a pretty fun game with all the collecting the gems and eggs. Never did beat the final boss though. Lost my PS1 memory card so I can't exactly go back and finish the game.

I remember playing that game at my friend's house. It was soooo fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:02 am
I've never been able to get into a Spyro game.
I'm more of a Crash Bandicoot fan.
Though, the Spyro GBA games were fun for about 5 minutes

iEatSeaSaltIceCream
Crew

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400

kindling

Magnetic Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 pm
iEatSeaSaltIceCream
I've never been able to get into a Spyro game.
I'm more of a Crash Bandicoot fan.
Though, the Spyro GBA games were fun for about 5 minutes

Aw. I'm sorry they didn't tickle your fancy. Perhaps is my love for percentages and systematic victories that draws me to Spyro. Oh, so I appreciate the percentage complete stat. I love filling up that chart for collecting everything in each world. I must sympathize with you that it might get boring after a while, but I have not hit that point yet and hopefully never will. Again, the music and the beauty of the game keep me coming back for more.

And, my goodness! Which GBA games were you playing for Spyro? The season of fire was excellent, in my opinion. I liked the music, the conditions for magic powers were reasonable and I enjoyed Sheila and ... the monkey whose name I can't remember. The worlds were also impressive and original for the Spyro Universe. I didn't much care for season of ice, and the bandicoot crossover was not one that I got into.

... 5 minutes...

Even after I beat Season of Fire, the Sparx game was interesting and I liked that they threw in checkers just for the hell of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:52 pm
Spyro defined my early childhood. It's too bad the games sucked a** after Insomniac decided to stop making them.
The GBA games were pretty fun too, except it was almost impossible to tell whether you could make a jump or not. So many wasted lives... xp  

Evataph

NeoRhythm

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:57 pm
Spyro was my favorite childhood game. I still play the games now and again. I didn't really like the PS2 Spyro games but overall I love the series.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:15 pm

๑Personally I think Ape Escape is one of the best but I love Spyro too.๑

RlNNY

Canterellare

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:21 am
Lol. Nostalgia.

Man, like everyone else, Spyro was a big impact in my childhood. So was Crash Bandicoot. Never really played the games those; I watched my brother play but it was still fun. I was thinking of trying it out for myself though that game is so old. (the first one). Seeing the whole flying and blowing fire thing sounds found. Plus I currently do not have any other games of PS3 to play atm.

Yet if I had to choose, I would go with Crash. Crazy ********. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:09 am
Spyro was only good on the Playstation One when it was under the control of the geniuses at Insomniac  

Vornwrath

Playstation

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff