Reply Playstation
Silent Hill

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cross De Aubigne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:20 am
So I'm a huge Silent Hill fan. I own every game, and am really excited/nervous about the next one.

So... Which are you favorites?
Least favorite?

What do you think about the next one?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 am
Big fan of the series. 2 was definitely my favorite. I just beat 4 recently; it had it's moments, but overall was a bit lacking. Especially since Henry has the personality of a wet shoe.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the next one, since they switched to a Czech studio, and if there's anything eastern Europeans can do, it's oppressive psychological work.  

Apotheosic

7,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Junior 100

ThirioKing

3,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:06 am
I'd have to say my favorite Silent Hill games was the first one that was on the playstation 1 console and then the 2nd, 3rd and 4th one on the playstation 2 console. My MOST favorite though is Silent Hill Homecoming which was on the playstation 3 console. I personally didn't really care for Shattered Memories or Origins but I am looking forward to this new Silent Hill game.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:19 am
My favorite is 2, and its my favorite game period.
Four was good, but I just hate when you 'kill' something and it doesn't stay dead... the ghosts were what really made me dislike it. I liked Walter. He and his rituals were the only thing that really tied it into Silent Hill.
I definitely loved Homecoming too.

I kind of love/hate Shattered Memories. Not being able to look through the papers/journals left by psychos and doctors was one of the most missed elements for me. I also disliked not having a weapon.
I loved the psychological elements, and I played it and watched my sister and best friend. From all our choices, even slight details would change since we are different personalities. I loved that!
But I thought the ending was great, but also kind of a spit in the face at the 1st and 3rd game.
[spoilers]Having everything be made up in Heather's mind, having Dahlia as Harry's wife... I mean, it all went wrong! And saying that everything in the other games didn't happen, that it was all in her mind was kind of like saying the other games were a waste.
I know sometimes you find out the ending for the game wasn't the real one, like in 4 when you find out the James never came back from vacation, even if he did in your ending, and that's cool. But to say none of it happened didn't sit well with me.
[/spoilers]

...Yeah, I love this series. I could talk all day about it. sweatdrop  

Cross De Aubigne

NeoRhythm

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:15 pm
I got into Silent Hill a couple of months ago and I fell in love with it! I wish I had gotten into it sooner. I've played through Silent Hill 2 and I just started SH1. Silent Hill 2 has become one of my favorite games. I loved the second game because it is very complex and deep. It also gave me a good scare while playing through it. I haven't played enough of the first game to give feedback on it. I plan on continuing with the series. I hope to play through all the Silent Hill games. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:07 pm
Favorite Silent Hill: Silent Hill 4: The Room
Why: It felt the most original of any since the first, and brought a strong conclusion to the series. It was a bit too different at times, but that can be good, and even though it was a bit rushed, I loved every moment. I definitely thought it was the creepiest in the series, or at least the most exhilarating. But it held elements of all three games predating it, brought life into some of the lost elements, and tied everything together nicely.

Least Favorite SH: I would have to say 0rigins. This game just felt like a half-assed rehash of previous games with no heart or pride in it. The Butcher was also a very poorly done clone of Pyramid Head, and the game just... honestly was not very fun for me.

I have yet to play Home Coming or Shattered Memories, but judging by the reviews... I have little hope for any SH beyond the fourth.  

Poeden

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
Playstation

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items