Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Altimit Corporation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Balmvng

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Prior to the GU games being released outside of Japan, were any of you members of Altimit Corporation, the marketing campaigning website for the games (that also campaigned the Project .hack games)?
If so, do you think the site will return for a 3rd and final time to campaign LINK?

I've been checking the old website for the past five years, and my doubts grow more and more. :'(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:09 pm
I was Naout. Basically notable for starting the Beach Day for Altimit (Which in turn started a slew of knock-offs...), Kestrel hazing rituals, and the Bordeaux Love and .hack//BEWBS threads.

I still never got my USB connector from Beach Day.

I don't know if it will. Have they even started localization or given even any indication they're even interested in it? I heard dot hackers was campaigning to get it localized, but honestly I really don't care if Link comes over.

If the site starts back up, I'd rejoin. It was fun, drawing fanart and picking on the other Kestrel members.  

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:39 pm
I do not know anything of this site but it sounds interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:15 pm
[Dill]
I was Naout. Basically notable for starting the Beach Day for Altimit (Which in turn started a slew of knock-offs...), Kestrel hazing rituals, and the Bordeaux Love and .hack//BEWBS threads.

I still never got my USB connector from Beach Day.

I don't know if it will. Have they even started localization or given even any indication they're even interested in it? I heard dot hackers was campaigning to get it localized, but honestly I really don't care if Link comes over.

If the site starts back up, I'd rejoin. It was fun, drawing fanart and picking on the other Kestrel members.

I don't think so. I haven't gotten any emails since they shut down.

I'm not really fond of LINK either; mostly because it's PSP only, and I hate PSP graphics. GU was an improvement to graphics, and LINK has downgraded them.

I'd rejoin too, for the same reasons, and because campaigning was fun. The Facebook group formed when the site shut down is dead, and boring.  

Balmvng

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 pm
So is the forum Dallas made when the site shut down. HoL doesn't really care about .hack anymore, which isn't really a bad thing because it means I'm not the only apathetic one, and dot hackers is...

Well, they're dot hackers.

There really isn't anywhere in the fandom I actually want to go and partake in .hack fun. I'm kind of becoming disillusioned with fandoms on a whole.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:55 pm
[Dill]
So is the forum Dallas made when the site shut down. HoL doesn't really care about .hack anymore, which isn't really a bad thing because it means I'm not the only apathetic one, and dot hackers is...

Well, they're dot hackers.

There really isn't anywhere in the fandom I actually want to go and partake in .hack fun. I'm kind of becoming disillusioned with fandoms on a whole.

I never really got into Dot Hackers. And I don't remember the site Dallas made :s
I kind of see fandoms as more of a guilty pleasure.  

Balmvng

iXelnyn

Romantic Informer

3,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:50 pm
Balmung, mind posting the link? I'd love to check it out. I also have an idea for a forum RP for .hack  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:53 am
iFlan-Varia
Balmung, mind posting the link? I'd love to check it out. I also have an idea for a forum RP for .hack

Altimit Corp closed the website some time after GU was released in North America. If I were to link you, it'd be a dead link with nothing to do with dot hack.

Edit: I did, however, find this, an article on the dothack wiki about the site.  

Balmvng

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 am
I remember~! surprised
I mainly lurked and joined the Grunty contest late, but the site was still pretty fun. :3 And I liked the pins that were sent to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:59 pm
I want a pin!  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash