Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:10 pm
So today was supposed to be my first day back at school, starting my final year of high school. Instead, I signed out, I'm leaving for tafe and a course in childcare.
I've thought really hard about it and because of my circumstances with my health (looong story) this really is my best option, and I'm excited about the new course and everything, but I didn't realise how sad I would be when everything was finalised.

I went around the school today getting all the required signatures to be officially signed out, and said goodbye to all my teachers and friends and stuff and I felt really positive at the time, but then I just came home and cried. That school was my whole life, and I feel really lost without it.
Has anyone else experienced something like this? I'm sure I'll feel better about my choice soon but in the meanwhile any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:41 pm
confused  

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:17 pm
Wow.. never had anything happen like that before.
I've wanted to quit school so many times... but now that I'm actually not in school.. I wish I had given more of myself to it.
I never quit or signed out.. I graduated by the skin of my teeth.

I hope soon that you can come to peace with your decision..
Not even completely sure why you did what you did but if you believe it was your best option then that is probably right.

I wish you luck with whatever you do n.n

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Well you probably feel sad because it might feel like you dropped out,like you left something unfinished?
Don't give up with whatever your doing though
If you feel it was the right thing,then it is for you [:

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 pm
Thanks girls =)

The reason I decided to do it is because I was really sick last year and had to drop down to half work load at school in order to keep up. Because of that my senior schooling which should have taken two years would have taken four and the tafe course will get me to university and where I want to be quicker. I just miss the community of my school.  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games