Submit

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:16 pm
So while here on Gaia and through the years I've been in here, I've met some pretty awesome friends : ) which I call best friends from Gaia! I met two great friends from India a brother and a sister so adorable ^_^ they are the sweetest people, I give them stuff many times, I met a friend from Uruguay, very smart and super awesome guy : ), he help me on my essay which I got an A on heart not only that our birthday is on the same month. I met two cousins from the Philipines, very cool friends, very respectful, and two others from the US which I added to my facebook. One even told me that he hated to loose a good friend so he added me to his facebook. : )

But the thing is I miss them sometimes and it really saddens me that they have to leave : (... don't you girls miss very good friends that you met online when they leave.

Sometimes I wish we could even hang around but that's clearly impossible. I just know that if we hang around outside of the internet we would get along very well.

*sigh* I just miss them. Is that weird :O?

Have you ever heard the saying that goes:

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

That's the way I feel, I feel like they have changed me in a way, left footprints in my heart : ).

I just feel blue : ( that's why I'm writing this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:25 pm
I know what you mean. I have meant countless of colorful people over the internet and many of them have had made an impact in my life. Sometimes, though, it doesn't last, like life. It does bring me great sadness because I do wish I could with them forever because the special bond I hold between them. But sometimes, people change and move on with life. Sometimes it is because there is something that is taking them away from the online world, such as the lack of internet.

Do not worry, you are not the only who experience the lost of a friend over the net. It is why I try to cherish each moment I am with my online friends.  

Canterellare

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500

Poofta

Malevolent Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:58 pm
Oh shoosh man. I know how you feel.

Back in April of '10, my best gaia friend left the site. I was so upset because he was really important to me--he was the vibrant color amongst all the grays in my life.

Soon we switched to communicating over e-mail, but it just didn't feel the same, you know? It felt like the whole time we were talking that I was just waiting for him to abandon me again. Three or so months later he warned me that his power was getting cut off [some incident with stealing cable and his parents not paying bills] and, well, that was the end of our conversations. I haven't heard from him in seven months, and it's killing me. It felt like he was the only one I could count on to really listen to me and, damn, it felt like he was just made for me--to somehow be involved in my life permanently. I don't know if he felt the same way, but I'm constantly worrying about him and trying to convince myself that he isn't worth it--if he cared at all like he said he did, then he'd find some way to talk to me. I know I would if I were in his position.

I've met many other people on here who are very special to me, but I can't help but compare them to him. They could never hold a candle to him, unfortunately.

Ah, well. Sorry for that rant. xD Felt good to get off my chest.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:08 pm
Yes. I'm that way too....I've met a couple people on gaia who I've just become really good friends with through this. And even though a lot of them eventually stop going on and we don't talk again I always smile when remembering our messages and know that we were good friends. And yeah a couple people I wish I could someday see or run into in real life, but I also know that that's unrealistic and I wouldn't be one to organize a meeting between me and someone I met online. But still, it is possible to form good friendships online. smile  

viper_353

miss twinkle toes 001

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:43 am
Yes I have made a few good online friends whom I really want to meet! (:

I used to be active on Gaia,
me and my friends used to chat almost every night and have a great time..

I always smile when remembering those conversations and messages. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:27 pm
Its all part of the experience of having good friends. I just recently had a pretty good Gaia friend have to quit Gaia as it was taking up too much of his time in RL, and Im going to miss him. But instead of fretting about not being able to talk to them, we should cherish the moments we spent with them and focus on making more. (:

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 pm
You all just placed a smile on my face and understanding in my heart. : )

I believe you are all right, cherishing moments with good friends is probably the best thing when they are gone.

@puffia: Ooh I'm sorry Puffia : ( please don't torture yourself sweatdrop , umm... I pray sometimes. Pray that they are having a good time, enjoying life and such ^_^. It makes me feel better.

I just don't know why I feel so blue when I see an old message of a friend... maybe I'm being negative... thinking perhaps that I will never ever meet a cool person like that... but that's not true. The truth is that I'm very lucky to meet a good friend here on Gaia every year. Actually I met many wonderful friends here in guild : D!!

Eventually, friends are important, without friends how would we share stuff ^_^ lol... even online friends seem to be as important as our RL friends : ).
This is a whole new generation biggrin you know...

That's why we are called the Internet Generation, the Y Generation and The Millennials (people born from 1982 to 199 cool *just a fun fact* ^^  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games