2,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 pm
I vow to be imperfect,
to turn my back on the world,
to do and say things that I can't take back,
and screw up so many times I stop counting.

But I'll also promise you this,
that when it comes to it I will fight for you,
and defend you even when you're wrong.
I'll hug you to keep you from falling apart
and I'll be a light in the dark.

Because I know you're just like me,
a human being who has flaws.

But I love you despite all of them,
because you love me despite them too.

I just randomly woke up one morning and had to write this down. Talk about random inspiration. sweatdrop I think its cause i had a dream about my best friends. Well, please comment. thanks! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm
This is so sweet. The message is very good. The rhythm could be better, but I can't think up any way to improve it as of now. Over all, I really like it!  

EstoPerpetua

Emmerah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 am
I love this, and the fact that the rhythm is off also adds to the effect of loving someone because of and despite their imperfections - in my opinion anyways sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 pm
Emmerah
I love this, and the fact that the rhythm is off also adds to the effect of loving someone because of and despite their imperfections - in my opinion anyways sweatdrop

thanks miss emmerah. whee its true that it was not meant to have a rhythm. poetry is all about expressing for me, more than fitting it into a certain beat. and thanks kapow123, i do love it very much. 4laugh  

AmiraUnhuman_MEM

2,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

evolvingwolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:51 am
I actually really like the disjointed feel to this poem. Dreams are the best inspiration! Everyone thinks that poetry should just flow evenly, but, in truth, poetry is like shorthand journalling. I love this poem. It's very deep in it's own way. Good job! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 pm
Satsenu
I actually really like the disjointed feel to this poem. Dreams are the best inspiration! Everyone thinks that poetry should just flow evenly, but, in truth, poetry is like shorthand journalling. I love this poem. It's very deep in it's own way. Good job! 3nodding

Thank you. As i said before I did not mean for it to have rhythm. I agree with you that poetry is like journaling. smile For me its raw emotional power. The way i do it is i write it as it comes and once i've gotten it out of my system, thats when i fix it and tweak it. I often find if you try too hard to fix it while you are writing it, you lose the inspiration and the feeling, and it becomes too forced. When i look at my first writings i can feel the concentration i put into making it. >< So thank you again, and I hope to see you in the forums again! smile heart  

AmiraUnhuman_MEM

2,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

evolvingwolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:01 pm
I definately agree about losing the inspiration and feeling. The rawer a poem is, the more roughed up and dirty, the better it usually is without all the shining and primping most people do these days.  
Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games