Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 pm
Does anyone actually watch this crap?

Aside from the prayer at the end and their constant begging to "plant" a $20 financial seed to the CBN I dont see much religion in it.

They mention those scary A-rabs in the Middle East each episode, talk about how Muslims oppress women by spotlighting various violence there, and then ramble on about Obama and how America is going to hell politically.

What do you guys think?

PS: Everytime I see that black lady, all I can imagine her thinking is how much she dies inside everyday. Her smile is so fake.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:16 pm
I used to watch the 700 Club, back when I was like 16 and there wasn't anything I wanted to watch in that late-night time slot between shows I had interest in. In the beginning it wasn't bad, but even then I was incredibly liberal, and those conservatives who condemned me for thinking outside the box really irritated me. Also, I don't like anything that's preachy but is 30-60 minutes of intolerance and sometimes downright hatred. So after a while, I just stopped. I haven't seen it in years, and I don't plan to.

Wait a minute... when did they start letting black people on that show? Last time I saw it (granted, about ten years ago), the people on there were so white they were almost translucent. o.0  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:08 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
I used to watch the 700 Club, back when I was like 16 and there wasn't anything I wanted to watch in that late-night time slot between shows I had interest in. In the beginning it wasn't bad, but even then I was incredibly liberal, and those conservatives who condemned me for thinking outside the box really irritated me. Also, I don't like anything that's preachy but is 30-60 minutes of intolerance and sometimes downright hatred. So after a while, I just stopped. I haven't seen it in years, and I don't plan to.

Wait a minute... when did they start letting black people on that show? Last time I saw it (granted, about ten years ago), the people on there were so white they were almost translucent. o.0

To be honest, I watch it nightly before Whose Line Is It Anyway? rofl

And yeah, Pat Robertson is still a host (Founder of CBN) Sometimes Terry Meeuwsen (white lady w/ short hair) and a black lady called Kristi Watts. She has been there since 1999.

Kristi is always bringing attention to the fact she's black, just incase people cant tell rofl Like tonight she said.."Dont ever touch a black womans hair" rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:14 pm
The only thing I really have to say about the show is that is attracts a lot of the same audience as Glenn Beck. It definitely caters to the conservative crowd (or did, nigh until ten years ago).

Also, I think Pat Robertson is filthy rich, and it makes me wonder where that "seed" money goes. It certainly isn't ALL going to better humanity, or even into the show's coffers.  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 pm
Have you ever seen the movie "Oh, God" ?

The Villain is essentially Pat Robertson. He's making too much money off of "God's Work"....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:42 am
I've seen bits and pieces of it once or twice, but I hate televangelists, so I usually just flip past it if I see it's on. I feel like they never quite get the message of the Bible right when they get up there and start teaching hate and intolerance. Where's the love?? D:  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 pm
In tonights episode, 10 minutes into the show they start talking about planting a "seed" to CBN network for blessings.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:25 pm
Call Me Apple
In tonights episode, 10 minutes into the show they start talking about planting a "seed" to CBN network for blessings.

You mean the Network he owns that is not listed as a Nonprofit Organization? Disgusting.

EDIT: I just checked, it apparently is listed as a nonprofit. It didn't say that my first look through. yay for double checking sources.  

Matt Pniewski

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:47 am
I am not a fan. Not. A. Fan. Sometimes it's not so bad, but other times I've seen really cringe-worthy news segments. I usually try to turn it off if I find it on, otherwise I just get upset and feel the need to point out where they're "wrong" (read: I disagree, but in my highly emotional state, I deem them wrong) and then no one wants to be around my ranting about the Bible.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:23 pm
The 700 Club is horrible. Any and every Christian should have condemned Pat Roberston ages ago.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces